What's new

Scientology Admits Connection to Slimy Anonymous Attack Websites

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/04/scientology_karin_pouw_lori_hodgson.php

Scientology Admits Connection to Slimy Anonymous Attack Websites

By Tony Ortega Fri., Apr. 13 2012 at 8:00 AM

We've pointed out in the past that Karin Pouw, the Church of Scientology's spokeswoman, appears to be struggling, having been thrust into the role of chief mouthpiece since Tommy Davis vanished sometime last year. But her latest gaffe is more than simply an embarrassing moment for her and the church. This time, she seems to have really stepped in it.

Last weekend, Guy Adams at The Independent published a lengthy and thorough profile on Marty Rathbun, who was once the second-highest ranking official in the Church of Scientology and who today is helping lead an independence movement of disaffected former church members.

When Adams approached Pouw for the church's side of things, she made a stunning admission, which Adams was good enough to share with us.

Karin Pouw has confirmed that a video attacking Rathbun -- made up of footage taken by the "Squirrel Busters" -- was a product of the Church of Scientology, and she also appears to confirm that the vicious attack website where the video appears is also connected to Scientology itself.

For weeks now, we've been looking at these anonymous attack websites, examining them for evidence that connects them to the church, and now, suddenly, Pouw has made that connection for us.

<Read on at the Village voice, use the link at the top>

Last edited by a moderator:

olska

Silver Meritorious Patron
Ha ha that's so funny!

Coming soon to "the hole" ... watch for Karin Pouw as she disappears never to be heard from again!

Gadfly

Crusader
Everything stupid that the Church of Scientology does, and that includes just about anything they do, quickly ends up for the world to see on the Internet.

The Church simply has to follow exact GO/OSA LRH policy on "handing enemies", "dealing with critics", "silencing dissidents", lying, misrepresenting the truth, instigating noisy investigations, initiating overwhelming lawsuits, and more, and very often the result is MORE SHIT FOR THEM. It truly amazes me that these Scientology management clowns haven't yet connected the dots and realized that it is by following LRH policy and involving themselves in such repetetively stupid behavior, that THEY THEMSELVES CAUSE THEIR OWN TROUBLE & EXTENSIVE BAD PR. In Scio-speak, they are PTS to themselves, and they are their own SPs! They don't need the "bad wog world to do them in", because their own closely-followed LRH instructions direct the crazy behavior that MAKES the world correctly view them as crazy/evil/nasty/deranged/manipulative.

That is one thing that I love about Scientology "admin/expansion tech" - it is its own worse enemy! :yes:

The only way for Scientology to ever get to a point where it wouldn't have the extensive bad PR would be for them to wholly abandon large segments of Hubbard's subject, in both theory AND practice. But, with KSW and all of THAT nonsense, it will never happen. Again, Hubbard wrote the script, the script MUST be followed as part of "Church ecclesiastical dogma", and the ONLY EVENTUAL end result is NO MORE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY! :happydance:

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Well, it does pretty much prove that Joel whatshisname really didn't have anything to do with running RFW. It's obviously directly run by OSA. No surprise there.

Sounds like they haven't kept it up, though. Yet another "incomplete program" in Scienoworld.

Isn't it one of the signs of an SP that he's "surrounded by incomplete cycles of action"? :p

Gadfly

Crusader
Sounds like they haven't kept it up, though. Yet another "incomplete program" in Scienoworld.

Isn't it one of the signs of an SP that he's "surrounded by incomplete cycles of action"? :p

:hysterical:

I used to just love examining Hubbard and the Church of Scientology through the lens of the subject of Scientology. For example, how you took the notion of an SP, how Hubbard says that they are "unable to complete cycles of action", and THEN, look at the Church and easily find MANY examples of THAT SP trait! :duh:

Granted, these days, I have pretty much abandoned the entire "Scientology paradigm", and I look out at the world through "better colored glasses". One doesn't need to examine Scientology through the Scientology mindset to see the MANY flaws, but it can be fun!!! :thumbsup:

Also, examining Scientology through and with Scientology data is often a very useful way to get the still-indoctrinated Scientology member to take that first step out of the mindfuck - by leaving the crazy official Scientology organization. One has to be nearly brain dead not to spot the many flaws in the nutty behavior of the official Scientology church organization.

STOP RIPPING ME OFF LIKE THIS.

Please just quote a short portion of my story and then provide a link to the rest.

This is twice recently that you have ripped off my entire story, and I'm really not happy about it.

Tony Ortega

Disinfected

Patron Meritorious

Please just quote a short portion of my story and then provide a link to the rest.

This is twice recently that you have ripped off my entire story, and I'm really not happy about it.

Tony Ortega

Welcome to ESMB, Tony.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
KarinPouw.jpg

Karin Pouw

She used to be a skinny thing. From her face shape it looks like she has put on 100 lb. Maybe it's just the unfamiliar smile. :)

Paul

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
:welcome: Tony :cheers:

I reported the OP as well with a suggestion to delete most of it and leave the link to the VV, I'm sure that a mod will get to it as soon as possible. Be assured the poster meant well and your point is spot on imho.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat

Tony Ortega

Sorry. I'll ask mods to edit.

Gadfly

Crusader

Tony Ortega

:drama2:

Ripping "you" off? Lighten up (if it's actually "you").

There was a link to the story. The OP gave credit to "Tony Ortega".

My personal opinion on this is that anything that gets the truth out is a "good thing".

But, whatever.

If it is "really you", then why not just PM the originator of the post, and suggest what was said in your post (without the bitching & moaning). Or, post a general request, again without the bitching & moaning, that if any poster wants to reference a Tony Ortega article from the Village Voice, to provide a short quote and link to the whole story.

Anybody can choose ANY board name. There is a "David Miscavige" here on ESMB, but it is surely NOT the "real David Miscavige". This poster might be the "real Tony Ortega", and just as possibly not.

As many of us learned in Scientology, things are not always as they appear (as they are made to look on the surface through claims, statements, assertions, PR and demands).

Your moderator should see that the e-mail address associated with my account is my Voice account -- tortega at villagevoice dot com

Yes, reproducing my entire article here is a violation of copyright, and for some reason ESMB has done that to me twice recently. I don't understand why when for the most part this board and the others are usually very good about quoting just a portion and then linking to the rest. That's good netiquette.

As you'll notice in my own stories, I'm pretty scrupulous about linking and giving credit where it is deserved.

Dilettante

Patron Meritorious
Worlds just collided! I check ESMB and VV about daily and am surprised this didn't happen sooner. I don't know netiquette so much but Tony's plea makes absolute sense.

I am astounded that more reporting does not happen to expose the abuses. Don't want to alienate the one guy that regularly and factually reports on the insanity.

The big bad web is rife with ripping off, misinformation and lies. I am proud to say ESMB/Emma have gone to great lengths to knock that shit off. That is no easy task but she keeps a clean house.

Mr. Ortega, don't take offense to Lu Lu Belle's faux pa. I'm heading over to VV to read it again and catch the comments!

Dil

Dilettante

Patron Meritorious
Lulu,
Ever wonder what happens to "O/W's" when you leave the "church"? Evil cult publishes your confessions. They did this not only to Lori but P. Domingo Jr. and others. Isn't that actionable? Hell, they had Marty's o/w's in his own handwriting in some trashy video. If I came clean with my name and identity I would want to provoke the cult into publishing my o/w's. I know good attorneys.

Remember how bad all the promo and events were? Remeber how embarrassing it was just watching? Multiply that by 100 and that's how RFW makes me feel. I bet that would offend most scios. More should be done to promote those websites and videos to the flock.

Dil

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

Oh, glorious footbullet, thank you Xenu!! Thank you Karen Pouw!!

For an organisation that spends millions on PR, this admission from Pouw shows just how uncalibrated Scientology management really is. What a silly clumsy mistake. Just like when L Ron Hubbard was running the scam, there is this seemingly endless series of "slip ups". The difference, of course, is the internet. Now, within minutes, thousands and thousands of people will know and there's no chance of rewriting history. Excellent. Nice catch, Mr Adams, and well bowled, TonyO.

TheRealNoUser

Patron with Honors
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/04/scientology_karin_pouw_lori_hodgson.php

It's interesting that the Church of Scientology had a "Violent Psychopath" in their midst at the very highest levels for several decades - yet could not detect that he was a "Violent Psychopath" until he left.

Doesn't say much for Scientology procedures, or security, or auditing in general - does it?

Pretty much a self-admission of complete and utter failure methinks.

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid
She used to be a skinny thing. From her face shape it looks like she has put on 100 lb. Maybe it's just the unfamiliar smile. :)

Paul

Or maybe she just ate the mandatory load of shite from the dwarfmonster and was told to smile for the photo op or else...RPF and the Hole...which of course does not exist...
:hysterical:

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid

Tony Ortega

You are correct - your work is best viewed on your website; its the right thing to do.

BTW, thanks for the fantastic journalism you are doing covering the C of $ and all its tentacles and fallout.

I keep a tab open in my browser 24/7 to this page:

http://www.villagevoice.com/authors/tony-ortega/

so I'm in the loop right away as you post new articles. Great stuff and thanks again.

Veda

Sponsor

It's interesting that the Church of Scientology had a "Violent Psychopath" in their midst at the very highest levels for several decades - yet could not detect that he was a "Violent Psychopath" until he left.

Doesn't say much for Scientology procedures, or security, or auditing in general - does it?

Pretty much a self-admission of complete and utter failure methinks.

Not at all. It speaks of the success of the procedures developed by L. Ron Hubbard and, remarkably, inadvertently exposed in this odd little booklet, secretly written by Hubbard in 1955 as a black propaganda vehicle to smear psychiatrists, psychologists, dissidents, and critics.

220px-Brainwashing2.JPG

'Brainwashing Manual Parallels in Scientology', a.k.a. 'Revisiting the Textbook on Psycho-politics' http://www.xenu-directory.net/critics/ambry1.html

Contents

Examining the 'Brainwashing Manual' http://warrior.xenu.ca/Brainwashing-front.jpg with the purpose of better understanding Scientology 4

Introduction: A Brief Outline of Scientology Doctrine, Public and Confidential 6

"White Scientology" - The Battle Tactics Doctrine - Brainwashing Manual Tech - Scientology is Multi-layered - Exploiting the Positives: the Cheese in the Trap -

Background 9

Origin of the word "brainwashing." and of the "Russian Brainwashing Manual"
L. Ron Hubbard writing to Scientologists on the subject of the Brainwashing Manual
Departing briefly from the Manual: A look at private tactics later shared with insiders
A publicized statement
A private explanation
Hubbard vs. the "Asiatic Hordes"
Back to the Brainwashing Manual: Excerpts from Hubbard's third public statement on it
Kenneth Goff's 1956 version of the Manual
Scientology's "No-answer answers."

Excerpts from the Brainwashing Manual/Textbook on Psycho-politics 14

"Editorial Note": Hubbard. assuming the guise of the phantasmal "Charles Stickley"
"An Address by Beria": Hubbard, pretending to be Lavrenti Beria, chief of the Russian Secret Police
The Main Text of the Manual: Hubbard, masquerading as an arrogant Russain Brainwashing expert
"Pain-Drug-Hypnosis"

The Layers of The "Scientological Onion" http://exscn.net/content/view/178/105 17

Brainwashing Manual Parallels in Modern Scientology 19

Correspondences between the Brainwashing Manual and the Battle Tactics policy
On “Survival”
On Surviving the Atomic Bomb
On an individual Scientologist influencing leaders
Scientology is devious by design

Front Groups - Layer Zero of the “Scientological Onion” 20

“It is not necessary that the term ‘Communism’ [Scientology] be applied at first…”

Layer One - The publicized portion of Scientology 23

“White Scientology”
Scenario: (An application of “White Scientology”)
“By reason alone”
Auditing

Descending into Layer Two of the “Onion”: The “In-Organization” Strata 27

“…[Scientology] under the guise of [‘White Scientology’]…”
Exploitation of the process of abreaction
Playing one thing off another or “counter-playing”
“Loaded language”: the seemingly enlightened “counter-played” with the manipulative
Tone 4, “entheta,” “theta,” Suppressive Person
The Thought Limiting clichés of Scientology
Publicized, “In-organization” and Confidential Scientology “Ethics”
“…aligning the individual against the desire not to conform…”
Side effects of “critical thoughts”
Dominion over the loyalties of individuals

Layer Three of the “Onion”: The Confidential “Upper Levels” of the “Bridge to Total Freedom” 33

“…avoid the understanding of the layman…”
Highest of the “upper levels” must remain a mystery to the membership
Operating Thetan or O.T.
Aleister Crowley, Head of the O.T.O.
O.T. III, The “Wall of Fire” into which Hubbard “took the plunge” to save Mankind
Exploitation of the paranormal

Layer Four: “…a well trained individual who serves in complete obedience…”
The Sea Organization, the Rehabilitation Project Force, and the Five Card System 36

The Sea Organization: “Custodians of the O.T. Levels”
“…the only loyalty which should exist… is to the State [Scientology].”
Sea Org Ethics under Commodore Hubbard on the Flagship
“Refusal to let them sleep over many days…”
The Rehabilitation Project Force
“Filthy food, little sleep, nearly untenable quarters…”
“…the first loyalty [to himself]… is destroyed…”
“Degradation and conquest…”
The children’s and teenagers’ RPF
“A certain amount of fear…”
The RPF’s RPF
The Five Card “Team Share” System
“The technologies of psycho-politics…”

Layer Five: Confidential Scientology Policy and Tech for “handling” uncooperative outsiders 46

The Fair Game policy and “philosophy”
“…find or manufacture enough threat…”
“Direct the attention of the authorities…”
Scientology’s unscrupulous use of the legal system
“We will no longer put up with our religion being criticized…”
Discourage inquiry
Defamatory data on file; “Culling”: Searching “religious confessional” (auditing) files for embarrassing or intimidating items
Background: The Commodore’s Intelligence Network
The policy of covert attack and publicized PR “defense lines”
Scientology’s Multi-layered Public Relations tech
Scientology Intelligence tech
Data collecting, and Attack or “support” Intelligence
Creating incidents that reflect badly on others
“Data needed by Ops on each located who”
Attack or “support” Intelligence - The Covert Ops study course and checklist
“Persons in his vicinity to whom he is emotionally involved…”
Coerce them into signing prepared “retractions” or “confessions”
Plenty of bogus “documentation”
One justification for unscrupulous covert methods
Treatment of VIPs and celebrities
Goal of talking over “mental health” and “political guidance”
Full knowledge of Intelligence tech must be denied to the general membership
“Deception, chicanery, lying, manipulation and outright criminality”
“She over there, those pink legs sticking out, didn’t like me”
Scientologists believe in a planet-wide conspiracy against L. Ron Hubbard and Scientology
The Scientology Hierarchy

Layer Six: The Core of the “Scientological Onion” 69

“…virtually a pathological liar…egotism… lust for power, and vindictiveness…”
“We must be like the vine upon the tree…”
The elusive “1000 page” official L. Ron Hubbard biography
“It’s a trap not being able to prevaricate”
Conscience as an “impediment”
The L. Ron Hubbard Fan(atic) club

Epilogue 74

Freeing the Positives

Addendum 76

"Dr. Hubbard's" FBI letters written concurrent with the appearance of the Brainwashing Manual 77

L. Ron Hubbard assumes the identity of Dr. Hubbard Ph.D DD - Patriotic Concerned Citizen
Letter of 29 July 1955
From a letter dated 7 September

A further look at Scientology's Covert Intelligence Tech 79

"Categories of Data Needing Coding"
A glimpse at a covert operation, and of public strata "policy" used as a cover for applied covert policy
An example of public strata "policy" used as "cover" - this time used on Scientologists by Scientology
"Ops Planning"
What to "Vet" or delete from sensitive internal messages that may be scrutinized by outsiders

Bibliography 82

Notes 87

L. Ron Hubbard, Messiah or Madman?, 2nd edition:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0942637577/ref=sib_dp_pt/102-0654802-4263319