ESMB is now closed to new registrations. Please go to www.exscn2.net and register there.

Scientology and the Aftermath Coming Back for Season Three!!

Discussion in 'Breaking and Major News about Scientology' started by Type4_PTS, Mar 14, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. Wilbur

Wilbur Patron Meritorious

When people like Jon Atack, who was actually a Scientologist and concluded he'd been scammed, write a book, it is an understandable reaction to their having been scammed: they want others to know what happened to them, so they don't fall into the same trap. But even academics and outside observers, such as Roy Wallis in the 1970s, have been brave enough to write about Scientology. Wallis' book "The Road to Total Freedom: A Sociological Analysis of Scientology" came out of his PhD research into Scientology. I read it, and I thought it was a fair, and not particularly critical, discussion of the Church of Scientology and its practices. After he published it, the church sent plants into his lectures at Stirling University to foment discord among his students, and sent a homosexual love letter purporting to be from Wallis to his boss.

Wallis, it seems, was also guilty of 'religious hate crimes'. The underhanded retaliation of the Church to his book, on the other hand, was presumably totally legitimate and justified in the eyes of the church. Wallis later committed suicide. I do not know whether his suicide was related to Scientology harassment. Presumably the church would say that he committed suicide because he realised that he had been attacking mankind's only hope for spiritual freedom.

This is an example of the confirmation bias that is systematically installed into the minds of adherents of Scientology. If you do well in life whilst in Scientology, it is because of Scientology. If you do badly, it is because of your own overts and withholds. If a person criticises Scientology or leaves the church and then subsequently fails in some way, it is because they are an enemy of mankind, reaping the karmic consequences of their attacks on Scientology. Of course, the Scientology machine does its best to ENSURE that prominent critics fail in their lives. All for the greatest good, mind you.

• Thanks Thanks x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Upon reading this section I recalled an earlier similar incident...of MINE. (well, not sure if it's actually earlier. )

But I was taught to believe that certain people were some of the most evil beings in the universe, amongst them, Paulette Cooper and Michael Flynn.

Flynn's crimes included being an attorney who represented litigants against the CoS and speaking the truth about Scientology during the hearings in Clearwater back in the early 80's.

Contrary to what Hubbard wrote in policy, the highest crimes one can commit in this universe from the Scientology perspective are using one's rights of free speech to publicly tell the truth about the criminal nature of the Scientology organizations. And Cooper and Flynn are guilty of that.

Scientology continuously uses the First Amendment rights given to religious organizations here in the U.S. to defend itself from those who object to it's criminal activity, yet it respects no one else's First Amendment rights to free speech, but instead seeks to silence and/or destroy those individuals.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  3. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

I count myself very fortunate that when I got into scientology at the age of about sixteen I didn't have a pot to piss in and, when I joined staff a couple of years later, the only way I could ever get training and processing was by signing a staff contract.

I did believe scientology worked when I was a staff member and I believed I had made 'gains' through the auditing that I got (Grades 0 - IV), but I don't know if I was ever 100% convinced that the grandiose claims made for the results of the higher levels were true, and I don't know if I would have shelled-out the huge amounts of my own money required to progress 'up the bridge' to find out had I the money in the first place.

A wealthy girlfriend (she was OT VI at the time) paid for me to do the Clearing Course and OTI. She offered, I didn't ask her to do it.

Anyway, when I blew staff and was put on ethics lines and told I had to repay my freeloader bill I thought to myself 'I know of a lot better ways to spend any money I might acquire than to give it to you'. Any thoughts about 'losing my eternity' couldn't have been further from my mind.

I never paid a penny of my freeloader bill back.

All in all I think I escaped without doing too much damage to my finances or to my health, be that physical or mental, unlike so many I read about here who were well and truly skinned alive. Terribly sad.

The following thirty years after leaving scientology were the most productive, fruitful, enjoyable and rewarding of my entire life, and I give no credit whatsoever to scientology for that.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Type4_PTS

I would love to see Leah and Mike do a show covering this type of thing, how the CoS stomps on those who tell the truth about them, labeling it "hate speech", and working to silence or destroy them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  5. Type4_PTS

If it can do that, accurately painting a picture of how Co$ uses the First Amendment to defend itself while at the same time disrespecting everyone else's First Amendment rights, it could have a huge impact on viewers.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Ali Shibaz

Ali Shibaz Fuck Scientology

Season Two was great. Season Three was even better.

I would love to see Season Four now. Does anyone know what the likelihood is that A&E will renew this great show for a fourth season?

There are so few TV shows that actually provide a valuable service to the community. Most TV shows are used as a form of escapism and people watch them while laying around and relaxing and drinking a glass (or bottle) of beer.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that. People who work hard need a way to relax and unwind and TV provides a real good way to do that.

But Leah & Mike's show does so much more than that. It exposes a great evil in our society and helps people by letting them learn about the dangers of this criminal cult. Very few TV programs do a great good like that. I hope this show will go down in history as one of the most valuable shows in our history. I would love to see what they may come up with for a fourth season and even more seasons after that.

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Type4_PTS

Don't know what the chances are. This is the latest update I've seen (below). It's possible there's more recent updates but I've not heard them.

The Aftermath — An Update
    February 13, 2019 By Mike Rinder 217 Comments
    https://www.mikerindersblog.org/the-aftermath-an-update/