ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Scientology explained

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Leon-2, Jan 1, 2015.

1. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

It freaks us out, too RMN. Çheck out the thread. Police have been called, reports have been made. It's still a fight, but I like to think we are beginning to make progress. The more we air this sort of activity in the open, the more we shame them, the more people wake up and stand up for their rights or leave.

2. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

Lol, I can't find the recipe, I think I may have thrown it out by accident when I turfed some cook books a few years ago, it was tucked inside one ... so I'll just have to marry you instead.

:happydance:

The one Cats posted below is really close though (just don't forget the cornflour ... add it until if feels "right" ... a bit like cement) and ... make sure its completely cold prior to wrapping it and sitting it in the fridge for 24 hours or so (if you can wait that long).

:omg:

No no no no no no ... yes!

I shall completely ignore "that" comment and wander off and make my Ma's AWARD WINNING tripe, pickle and raspberry jam sponge cake (with her lovely liver and sugar icing).

:blah:

3. lotus

lotus stubborn rebel sheep!

It's good to see that ITYIWT is working hard to keep the thread back to the topic.

:biggrin:

4. oneonewasaracecar

oneonewasaracecar Gold Meritorious Patron

Sally is a baking squirrel.

5. lotus

lotus stubborn rebel sheep!

:yes:

Also, a chocolate, wine and cake spammer :unsure:

6. Balthasar

Balthasar Patron Meritorious

Nice recipes :)
    Here I add my favourite (no knead) bread recipe. It's very quick and easy, anybody can do it. In the video the baker uses cups to measure water and flour.
    If you prefer to weigh in grams and litres it is:

0.6 litre water
    1kg strong bread flour (normal flour works also if push comes to shove)
    2 teaspoon of salt (not heaped)
    1/4 teaspoon of yeast

Note: there are different versions of dry yeast. The video has the powder version. If you have bought the grainy yeast which look like tiny balls, you need to let the yest dissolve (activate) in a bit of lukewarm sugar water.

Otherwise do it like in the vid below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13Ah9ES2yTU

7. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

:LOL: You're a funny woman! :giggle:

Speaking of jams and cakes and such --

My mother adored pickling. We grew our own in the yard and made sweet pickles, sour pickles, tangy pickles. Yum!

And jams. My favourite was, believe it or now, her homemade cucumber jelly.

8. Leland

Leland Crusader

I liked my Grandmother's homemade ice cream. Yummy yum

9. eldritch cuckoo

eldritch cuckoo brainslugged reptilian

blackberry jam explained

Mine is the sour (and sometimes SOUR) blackberry jam my grandparents make. Sometimes I just eat that stuff with a spoon; especially the "editions" that get too liquid than to stay on the bread. :drool: :omg: :blush:
    I've found nothing like that in any supermarket; although I haven't yet searched on markets, small shops, etc. Commercial blackberry jam is always much, much too sweet. Boring. You taste the sugar and nothing else. :no:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  10. eldritch cuckoo

ice cream explained

Let me guess: ice cubes and salt in a bowl and in the middle another smaller bowl... :biggrin: :melodramatic:

That guy is absolutely awesome and always worth watching:

[video=youtube;eXSQnaEDazM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXSQnaEDazM[/video]

What also works, and what I like to do, is to make orange ice cubes, using the freezer. To let them stay creamy and for the taste, simply add very much powder sugar to fresh orange juice, basically as much as can be solved. That's all. When frozen, dig one out with a blunt knife, put it on a large spoon and enjoy. :biggrin: It is also okay to use little boxes/bowls, the stuff doesn't get really hard and can be eaten with a spoon.
    Note: a small amount of alcohol, such as rum, can be added, but then the stuff is melting much faster and too much alcohol will not let it freeze at all. :coolwink:

11. sallydannce

sallydannce Gold Meritorious Patron

Do you have issues with shortbread Type4? Speak your mind, let's get this out in the open! :melodramatic: :wink2:

As for "others matters" please see below.

I am hurt! :melodramatic: :wink2:

I am hurt. :melodramatic: :wink2:

Is there anything immoral with eating almonds, strawberries, Greek yogurt and 90% cocoa chocolate, in my mouth all at the same time (tiny morsels of each)?

12. eldritch cuckoo

Heyyy, "what's true for you"... :p

13. Leland

Leland Crusader

Personally, I thought the "baking a squirrel" comment was a bit over the line.

:unsure:

14. Student of Trinity

Student of Trinity Silver Meritorious Patron

That reminded me of a beer I recently tasted, called 'Barking Squirrel'. Its accompanying beermat explained that it was brewed for 'sessionability'. I hadn't heard that term before in connection with beer, so I was actually wondering whether the brewery had any Scientology connection. But it turns out that 'sessionability' is indeed an established term about beer.

A sessionable beer is one that you'll want to keep drinking for hours, as opposed to feeling that one pint was enough, even if you really enjoyed that one pint. Obviously a sessionable beer had better not be extremely strong, but it's okay if it's strong enough that you drink it slowly. The point is that, over several hours, you'll go back for more of the same. It's hard to pin down what sessionability really means. The most sessionable beer might not be the one you'd prefer at one sip, or one glass. But it's a real thing. Some beers are like that, and some aren't.

I'd say Barking Squirrel was indeed sessionable. I only had time for one, but I ordered another one again the next day, before I even knew what 'sessionability' meant.

15. Leland

Leland Crusader

There is always a Squirrel on guard duty, outside my window in the Oak trees, in the front yard, that barks continually....when cats are around.

He warns the other squirrels....to be careful.

16. oneonewasaracecar

oneonewasaracecar Gold Meritorious Patron

it's off-recipe.

17. eldritch cuckoo

What you don't say. Maybe some of them are even hired ... by the IAS (International Association of Squirrels) or OSA (Ossified Squirrel Academy). To bark a bit (and I've heard that, a really funny noise... :yes: ) ... when cats are around. Or mockingbirds...

:wink2:

[video=youtube;eSv2JooWa-4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSv2JooWa-4[/video]

Skreee!
    Watwatwat?
    Skree-eee!
    Watwatwat-watwat?
    Squeak!

18. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Hmmmm, no issues with shortbread. Actually I'm a fan of shortbread.

It's just that the sudden shift away from cheesecake caused a break in reality. :ohmy:

19. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Sounds like this 'Barking Squirrel' should be the official beer of the Freezone.

[​IMG]

20. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

Shirley Temple... Face of an angel, teeth of a great white shark.