What's new

Scientology Front Groups - a new video series

Chris Shelton

Patron with Honors
Well, thought I'd see about getting a ball rolling here on this topic. I am producing a new video series to expose Scientology front groups. Rather than do one gigantic, documentary-style video which would encompass all of them, I'm breaking it down so that each group gets its own shorter video so I can focus on the purposes and activities of each one. There is a lot of ground to cover, more than I initially thought. As this rolls out, I'm interested in anyone's thoughts and feedback on the subject overall. Maybe some of it will end up in these videos since I am going to have to research each of these as I go. All I know right now is that I don't even know the half of it.

[video=youtube;Kw3cUP5TWF0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw3cUP5TWF0[/video]

I'm not working on this full time. My main effort right now is to get my book done (so close) so I'll probably be putting about a day or two each week into these. So if I don't come around for a few days between comments, that's why. I'm knee and elbow deep in Scientology crap right now as I get this big project done. It's fun but sometimes (sigh) it can be a little tiring!

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
me04v3.gif

Couldn't be more timely and needed! :thumbsup:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Increasing awareness of these front groups among the general public as well as governments is extremely important. I was just thinking about this a couple weeks ago when I was at a festival in Tampa, Florida. The cult had two booths there. One where they were doing the "stress tests", and another where one of their front groups (Youth for Human Rights) was passing out information.

When I was at Social Coordination (now called ABLE) for a year back around 1987 we were using the front groups to get our foot in the door in other countries, doing missions in China, Russia, S. America, and elsewhere, attempting to open some doors for the "church". SOCO INT (Social Coordination) was over Narconon, Applied Scholastics, The Way to Happiness, and Criminon, and these front groups would be sold to the various governments as a solution for the problems in their countries.

Also back then we were using Travolta and Jeff Pomeranz(?) for that "Just Say No to Drugs" campaign. I know that Travolta met with Nancy and President Reagan on at least a couple occasions back when they were in the White House, and Travolta was reporting directly to a Senior Exec at SOCO (a Sea Org Org) when this was going on.

So yeah, the front groups are instrumental in spreading scientology both here in the U.S. and around the world.

I would love to see a book who's target audience was government (and educational) officials, briefing them on all that they need to know about scientology and the front groups, giving them enough ammo so that they can protect their populations.

Elronius of Marcabia

Silver Meritorious Patron
Good video Chris and you and I may know these are crooked front groups
the only true way to expose them is too "follow the money".

There are lots of front group scam charitys that take in funds do a few
things that look charitable and on the books untill you look at the organisational
costs and you find some rather pricey administative costs that go in the pockets
of either individuals or some other front group.

I think thats what you have with Scientology, and I hope they get caught and
exposed and fined and jailed and put out of bussiness :thumbsup:

Gib

Crusader
Here you go Chris. You asked for anybody's thoughts or feedback, here I give one.

I've posted these images before here on ESMB a few years back somewhere in the depths of a ESMB post.

Maybe you can use Ron's actual words to use in one of your fine videos to explain the con. I don't know how to bring the images to the forefront so you will have to click on the image to read the text in a bigger format. It's the third one to read, hubbard's own words.

Here's Ron saying he knows how to handle the pyschs but yet just wants a game. LOL

Use Ron's words as you will. :thumbsup:

My thoughts, are this:

Ron, using rhetoric, the rhetorical bullshit artist he was, using the appeal to authority (hisself), using ad hominem (character assassination, SP's), argumentum ad populum (sheeple effect, false stats), appeal to emotion (tone scale, clear, OT), appeal to motive (help, clear the planet), appeal to tradition ( referencing hisself studied other philosophies), arguement from silence (pts/SP tech, fair game), etc,

he persuaded us.

My reference for my thoughts are this: http://www.artofmanliness.com/2011/05/26/classical-rhetoric-101-logical-fallacies/

Attachments

• psychs3.jpg
    psychs3.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 27
  • psychs2.jpg
    psychs2.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 28
  • psychs1.jpg
    psychs1.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 32

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
FYI, Related:

Russia: Court liquidates the St Petersburg Scientology Say No To Drugs Foundation.

Google translation from Russian to English.[..]

:thumbsup: This is a very important matter, as it documents the issues related to the church's strategy of using the front groups to advance. How timely it is that Chris Shelton is working on a new series of videos dedicated to explaining the purpose of front groups and why people need to understand what they are about in the grand scheme of things called Scientology expansion. As Chris posted recently:

Well, thought I'd see about getting a ball rolling here on this topic. I am producing a new video series to expose Scientology front groups. Rather than do one gigantic, documentary-style video which would encompass all of them, I'm breaking it down so that each group gets its own shorter video so I can focus on the purposes and activities of each one. There is a lot of ground to cover, more than I initially thought. As this rolls out, I'm interested in anyone's thoughts and feedback on the subject overall. Maybe some of it will end up in these videos since I am going to have to research each of these as I go. All I know right now is that I don't even know the half of it.

[video=youtube;Kw3cUP5TWF0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw3cUP5TWF0[/video]

I'm not working on this full time. My main effort right now is to get my book done (so close) so I'll probably be putting about a day or two each week into these. So if I don't come around for a few days between comments, that's why. I'm knee and elbow deep in Scientology crap right now as I get this big project done. It's fun but sometimes (sigh) it can be a little tiring!

One of the main reasons I put my efforts towards eradicating Narconon and these drug-free related front groups is because, as a former new public FSM, I know the purpose for them as part of the ' "Clearing" of the planet'. If anything is helping Scientology expand these days, it's the the facade of lies that keep these groups going. Using the corporate veil of "secular" entities and grand promises for a better world, the cult has managed to infiltrate many areas of society across the globe with slick twisting of words, false promises and propaganda via their "social betterment" programs. Their deceitful outreach to unknowing members of communities, pretending it's not Scientology when it is, as been effective. My hopes are to see people enlightened and the ties made untied.

It's working in so far as Narconon because of the multitude of internet and legal complaints filed against the program. But it's just the tip of the front group iceberg. This Russia matter is so important in documenting these ties and lies and it is wonderful that governments are catching on.

SCIENTOLOGY’S FRONT GROUPS

"Remember, CHURCHES ARE LOOKED UPON AS REFORM GROUPS. Therefore, we must act like a reform group."

- L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter, 25 February 1966

"We [Scientology] can become a drug rehabilitation program...
We've got nothing to do with religion.

"We become pious priests...
‘You are threatening my freedom of religion.’

"We can become educational programs...
'Oh, we're just here to help your son learn to read.'

"We can become all those things, but really it's just one master plan to infiltrate all of these areas according to Hubbard's doctrine, and you BECOME whatever it needs to become to protect it, and you INFILTRATE IT AND TAKE IT OVER."

- Former Church of Scientology executive Robert Vaughn Young

We have a long way to go and everyone's help is needed to isolate where these front group programs are being seeded or flourishing. Most likely there are programs being promoted in your own area or state. It's just a matter of knowing the programs names and searching the local news for any him of their invasion. Especially the drug education programs and the study tech into the schools. Anonymous and exes have stumbled upon program press releases announcing the connections and have jumped on these matters fast and have enlisted the help of in letter writing campaigns to those communities so mislead and the results have been very good. But we really need knowledgeable exes to be on alert in their areas before these projects are already approved and in use. Prevention of cult infiltration and expansion is the key.

Below is a list of program names that are actually fronts for Scientology. It's not complete but it's got many of them identified. Bookmark the page and keep an eye out for these in your area. Contact me if you need help in exposing the projects found.
Big List Of CoS Front Groups
Discussion in 'CoS Front Groups' started by free space, Aug 16, 2009.
https://whyweprotest.net/threads/big-list-of-cos-front-groups.45298/

This wiki article on Front Organizations explains what they do and includes names of some of the Scientology fronts.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Front_organization

I'll try my best to create a separate thread on all this when I have time but for now, this will have to do.

Kudos to Russia for catching this... and for exposing Scientology and it's ties to a major front group:thumbsup: