What's new

Scientology taped Tom Cruise's Sessions. Allegedly...

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
Am I the only one who is afraid that this will just be one more thing that comes down to a 'takeover' and a whitewashing, and saying that current management was not following policy?

Hubfuck set it up that way. When it all goes bad, it was 'off-policy'.

The curtain needs to be fully pulled back and the psycho wizard exposed for once and all.

Marty is all set up for cult 2.0... this shit needs to be rooted out at the core.

Been through too many amnesties....too many blames on past management being "off-LRH".... fuck it. The evil IS LRH IMHO

Things are certainly not going well for the Cult but can we hope for 100 per cent? While hoping that it might be, I don't think that is realistic. But the next phase depends on governments.

Consider, four years ago there were >9000 green kids (not only, but they were a new factor) who had no realistic hopes of destroying the Cult, but they had good instincts and went ahead anyway. Now things are very different.

If we could draw a graph or make up a timescale of significant events in the past four years I think we would be surprised at the acceleration. The recent disaster in the Netherlands seems more significant to me than all the TC revelations.

Marty can't win. He is compromised by his plan to take over and his need to stay on the right side of LRH. Rinder is smarter and more of a threat, I think, waiting in the wings and not saying much.

My belief is that so long as CoS is protected by US law it will survive. I don't share Mark Baker's enthusiasm for the American legal system.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
There is so much good in the worst of us,
And so much bad in the best of us,
That it hardly behooves any of us
To talk about the rest of us.
Edward Wallis Hoch, Marion (Kansas) Record
(1849 - 1925)

<snip>

Hubbard's version, from 13 Sep 1978, is

There is so much bad in the best of us
And so much good in the worst of us
That it ill behooves any of us

I remember when it first came out wondering about the rhyming scheme and thinking the first two lines would sound better transposed. I guess Hubbard just had to dick with it and make it worse somehow.

Paul

Veda

Sponsor
Hubbard's version, from 13 Sep 1978, is

There is so much bad in the best of us
And so much good in the worst of us
That it ill behooves any of us

I remember when it first came out wondering about the rhyming scheme and thinking the first two lines would sound better transposed. I guess Hubbard just had to dick with it and make it worse somehow.

Paul

August 18, 1978 story from the Washington Post under the headline 'Matriarch surrenders':

"Mary Sue Hubbard, wife of...

"According to Heldt's deputy, Duke Snider, the situation has come to pass because the Church was born amid the paranoia of the McCarthy era in the 1950s, when government agents investigated and contrived reports about the Church including alleged links to LSD, homosexuality, and brainwashing."

Does that sound familiar? The "cold war era..."

http://www.lermanet.com/scientologynews/washingtonpost/marysue-081878.htm

Some background:

Below is a sampling of some pages from the many pages of letters sent by L. Ron Hubbard to the FBI during the 1950s. I've seen the photocopies of these letters, and the 2nd and 3rd pages down are missing a paragraph and two lines which were, for some reason, not scanned. I have filled in the missing paragraph and two lines.

The content of these letters ranges from attempts to identify people as Comminists, to "explanations" for various things, and an apparent attempt to persuade the FBI to persuade the IRS to not investigate Hubbard and his finances lest Hubbard accept a Soviet offer to fly to Russia and work "for very high fees," etc., to just plain bizarre ramblings.

The letters in their entirety can be accessed if one is curious, but these pages happen to be handy on the Net.

sarafbi2.gif

hubbard-19550729-1.gif

"In the greatest spirit of friendship and camaraderie it seem that I can go to Russia as an advisor or a consultant and have my own laboratories and receive very high fees. And it's all so easy because it's already been ascertained that I could get my passport extended for Russia and all I had to do was go to Paris and there a Russian plane would pick me up and that would be that.

"Indeed that would be that.

"I suppose when the Russian-inclined 'friend' finds that...

hubbard-19550729-3.gif

A page from another letter of the time period:
hubbard-19550711-3.gif

Part of a letter from September 1955. Note the reference to LSD.

hubbard-19550907a-ds.gif

A few weeks later in September 1955, Hubbard also told Scientologists about the covert use of LSD - the "insanity drug" - to undermine and discredit Scientology. Note the duplicity.

From the 'Professional Auditors Bulletin' of 30 September 1955:

" I could tell you about long strings of psychotics run in on the Foundation and the Association, sent in to us by psychiatrists who then, using LSD and pain-drug-hypnosis, spun them and told everyone that Dianetics and Scientology drove people insane. I could tell you about the strange politics and ambitions of psychiatry, so well covered in the book Psychopolitics [Hubbard's hoax 'Russian textbook on Pyscho-Politics', which he had just secretly authored and was soon to be published], and give you a proper riddle as to why we, a small group, the only ANGLO-SAXON DEVELOPMENT IN THE FIELD OF THE MIND AND SPIRIT [sic], have been subjected to so much attack and finance... But I am not telling you stories or being dramatic. I am inviting your cooperation in your own future security..."

As for dealing with those whose behavior became erratic or an embarrassment after Scientology processing, Hubbard wrote, in the same 'PAB':

"You'll find the family physician or psychiatrist was called in midway in processing... You'll find there is a vested interest somewhere in the insanity of the person. An so testify that you suspect it. We will have on hand lots of literature on LSD..."

Sixteen years later, Hubbard would write a similar statement, although this one doesn't mention LSD and is more to the point. It has the simple title 'Confidential', and is dated 29 June 1971:

"Policy is that we assign any case or upset in Scientology to past damage and interference with the person by medicine or psychiatry. They were sent into us after medicine or psychiatry had already destroyed them. We cannot be blamed for psychiatric or medical failures."

IN 1955, Hubbard also had sent the FBI a copy of his concocted "Russian Textbook on Psycho-politics', which - with its multiple negative references to Dianetics - was to "document" his assertion that Dianetics and Scientology were patriotic and under attack by the Russians.

No doubt about it. Miscavige hijacked Scientology and Reversed it. Yup. :yes:

Now, where were we, of yes, "Tom Cruise, Scientologist..."

Jquepublic

Silver Meritorious Patron

Do you suppose David Miscavige would ever leak those Tom Cruise tapes? He does appear quite capable of doing so, although I reckon there would be some editing done first to ensure the most damaging image is presented.

Just at the moment, David Miscavige knows that Tom Cruise knows the tapes exist. David Miscavige may even "remind" Tom of the fact, every now and then, just to flick the whip for his own amusement. Wouldn't surprise me if the tapes haven't been already been made use of, perhaps used by David Miscavige hisself for his [STRIKE]masturabation fantasies[/STRIKE] own Marcabian purposes.

Oddly, though, Tom Cruise really has nothing to fear if the tapes are released. By the time that happens, I think it can be fairly certain Tom is, at least, thinking about walking out. The release of the tapes would only cement Tom's likely and genuine doubts.

And what's Wog-world going to do with the tapes? International and sustained mockery, of course. But Wogs, generally, are a forgiving bunch. Already there is a wide public consensus that Scientology fucks with your mind and often results in couch-jumping irrationality. Doesn't really matter what Tom Cruise's sexual peccadillos might be. Hopefully there's nothing illegal. Yet, as the hoi poloi gradually learns that the tapes were being secretly recorded for subsequent use as blackmail, the data will lose any real currency going forward. Sure, Tom will never be able to live down the mockery. If tapes are ever realeased, Tom should actually embrace the mockery, display public and contrite "cringe" along with a sense of humour. Provided he stays off the cans, public sympathy will swing in his favour, the grubby details will blow away in the wind of passing years, and Tom would recover his inner WOG. Scientology would not recover.

Run, Tom. Run.

I think rather than leak the tapes, they'd leak the info on them. But honestly I can't say either way.

Cruise is so caught up in image that he'd rather take a bullet than let his sordid details get into the tabloids. And I guarantee they're sordid! If auditing taught me anything it's that one for one, people do some strange shit when nobody is looking.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
I see no reason to believe that Cruise is under any duress or coercion.

He's the truest of true believers.

Cruise+Miscavige-salutierend-3Sat-ZAPP-7-12-07.jpg

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
I think so, too, Smilla.

But he may, in the back of his mind, be aware that they could and would blackmail him. Many a true believer has had terrible knowledge like that, that they shove to the back of their mind.

But on the whole, I think you're right about TC.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

All things considered, the number of "space spaces" that Cruise can appear live in the media is a precipitously falling number.

At one time he could have spontaneously walked onto any live tv show and would have been a most welcome guest. The hosts would have never asked him probing or personal questions.

But now, the media has had enough and no self-respecting journalist or talk show host would dare give him a free pass, lest they themselves become accused of being a willing fool.

The only appearances Cruise can make are into "safe pointed" zones where there is a "friendly" who will avoid hot topics. And thus, the sphere of OT control has profoundly dwindled.

Where have we seen this before? Anyone notice that Miscavige is terrified to go near a live venue? Hasn't done it for two decades since that Nightline show with Ted Koppel.

And what of Hubbard? He likewise fell off the media radar too in the last 15 or so years of his life, retreating into paranoid flight.

A dedicated Scientologist's life unavoidably ends with their "only terminals" being fellow cult members. This is the routing form that Tom Cruise is on whether he knows it or not.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Oh damn, I have GOT to start proofreading my posts.

Last one had a freaky (auto-corrected) first sentence....

"All things considered, the number of "[STRIKE]space[/STRIKE] safe spaces" that Cruise can appear live in the media is a precipitously falling number."

Okay, that's much betterer.

Jump

Operating teatime

Oh damn, I have GOT to start proofreading my posts.

Last one had a freaky (auto-corrected) first sentence....

"All things considered, the number of "[STRIKE]space[/STRIKE] safe spaces" that Cruise can appear live in the media is a precipitously falling number."

Okay, that's much betterer.

Correctection acceptepted :coolwink:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Keeping Scientology Taping

DFG ! A drugstore cowboy ! :hattip: Where in the world would he not be laughed :roflmao: out of town ?

:duh: Oh, right, surrounded by his slaves ! :melodramatic:

:thumbsup: :roflmao:

The most pathetic thing is El Ron truly thinks Hisself looks like "a real Cowboy"! :eyeroll:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Re: Keeping Scientology Taping

:thumbsup: :roflmao:

The most pathetic thing is El Ron truly thinks Hisself looks like "a real Cowboy"! :eyeroll:

Yes face :biggrin:

Actually, I took a few pics of LRH cowpoke life - He was such a famous one!
I recall this memorable moment when Ron bravely jumped on a buffalo - almost stamped to death - to catch the beast and generously offer a nice buffalo mechoui to all the org staff.
Ron was just fantastic and Ot...no considerations..he postulated it and got it!

attachment.php

Attachments

• Buffaloc.jpg
    Buffaloc.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 73