ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Featured scooterstory

Discussion in 'Stories From Inside Scientology' started by scooter, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Shredder

Shredder Patron with Honors

Thank you Scooter :bighug:

Very grateful to you Scooter, for letting us know what happened - to you and your family from Doom and I - you have all our love and support xxx

PS: If you are fortunate enough to read this from Scooter, and yet are unfortunate enough
    to still be in the C of S...what are you waiting for?:confused2:

2. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

Thank you all for your kind words - writing this morning has proved very therapeutic for me indeed and I'm feeling a lot better for having gotten that nightmare out in the open at last (even tho' there's still more to the tale yet but that's nowhere near as horrific as the first bits.)

This incident has been haunting me for the last several weeks and now it's lessened immensely. Thanks again for caring - I know I have great friends here.:thumbsup:

3. Woggin' out

Woggin' out Patron with Honors

Yes you do have many friends here. You are one of the most popular, respected and appreciated persons on this board. I'm glad that unburdening your heart on this thread, to understanding readers, has been cathartic for you. You deserve peace Scooter.

4. Carmel

Carmel Crusader

Hey Scoots,

Now that I've spoken to ya, I'm not lost for words (previously knowing the 'details' doesn't spare one from the impingement of it all).

I'm pleased to see that you've written and posted this - For your sake, for Cazza's, for Lauren's and for the sake of what 'truth' does for all concerned. And, I'm so glad to now know that writing and posting this has helped you 'shift' at least something in regard to it all.

All our hearts go out to you on this, as well you know. :bighug:

I want to comment on what went down after the accident (although I have already done to some extent on another thread, months ago now).

The church service being held that day gave the org BIS stats ("bodies in the shop"). Somehow the BIS stat was more important than the obligatory 'duty of care' that would be provided for a bunch of littlies in a 'nursery' while their mums were busy somewhere else.

You two had just lost your darling girl, and that was due to negligence on the part of the CofS. To 'hide' or 'cover up' that negligence, the CofS 'blamed' you for the incident, and got you to take the rap when it came to the authorites.

In addition to that though, when it came to the field, you were also the one who copped the rap. The 'story' was that you had Lauren in the org and were supposed to minding her when the incident occurred. As if you didn't have enough to contend with, without that as well. You and Caz were denied just so much compassion and support and love back then (when ya so needed it), as a direct result of the "PR flap handling" by the CofS - Inhumane and an atrocity to say the least.

What was ordered by EA and went down with Lauren's funeral service, is just too cruel, too sad and too insane for words - No eulogies and a "tone 40" (pumping it out hard and forcefully with no feeling, in this case) 'reading' that was dished out in a matter of minutes, was just cruel and something not from this world - The CofS is indeed a 'ruthless machine'.

I'm sorry that time can't be turned back, Scoots - What you've been through is too rough to contemplate. However, your strength, care factor and love, despite it all, is truly inspirational. Good on you! :)

Love,
    Carmel :kiss:

5. Adrian Pybus

Adrian Pybus Patron

Wow. I was looking forward to the next installment and checked every day but this was rough, too rough.

I am at a loss for words - :omg: :no: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: .

Adrian

6. Doom

Doom Lurking.

..............:bigcry:

7. Opter

Opter Silver Meritorious Patron

Scooter and Caz

My heart goes out for you.

The attitude of the so called church is beyond words:angry: :angry: :angry:

Scooter and caz :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

Opter

8. ChronicEnturbulator

ChronicEnturbulator Patron with Honors

9. Tiger Lily

Tiger Lily Gold Meritorious Patron

Oh God, Scooter. On top of living a parent's worst nightmare, to be treated so callously by the people you were supposed to be closest to when you need support the most. . . and to have PR trump the life of a beautiful and much-loved child. I just went weak reading that. Had to take a couple breaks.

I remember reading about this in either Feral's ar Mrs. Pattycake's story, and being horrified by it then. I didn't realize then that she was your daughter.

Thank you for having the courage to tell us. I'm so sorry that you had to go through it.

-TL

10. clamicide

clamicide Gold Meritorious Patron

There are no words....I'm so sorry.

11. ULRC/S

ULRC/S Patron with Honors

Sheese Scooter, this is just another instance of policy being considered senior to purpose, contaray to what LRH wrote in the Admin Scale HCOP/L.

What a crock of shitheads! Sorry for you and family, but what a wonderful pair of kids you have now.

Love, Allen

12. dontscamme

dontscamme Patron Meritorious

Scooter, this story has touched the hearts of many, even those who live on the other side of the world and never had the opportunity to meet any of you. If you have any more loving memories of Lauren that you could share on this forum, it might help all of us.

13. dt2000

dt2000 Patron with Honors

I am sitting here in tears :bigcry: I just cannot even imagine. I am so sorry. :bigcry:

14. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

15. Emma

Emma Con te partirĂ² Administrator

I met Scoots & Caz today for the first time. We had a lovely afternoon tea in their delightful house high up in the treetops of Melbourne's beautiful Yarra Ranges.

These guys are real, not just pixels on a screen to me anymore.

We briefly talked about the loss of Lauren. You could see the love for their child shining in their eyes - both of them - as they told us what had happened.

I met their two kids today as well. They are great kids, obviously happy and secure in the knowledge that they are loved & valued.

Scooter told me he had written this post as I hadn't seen it and so I was half looking forward and half dreading getting home to read it.

The story of Lauren is tragic enough when you don't know Paul or Caz. But having met them today and gotten a feel for the real people they are (not just avatars and posts) I can tell you it is even harder to read.

I can't say the right words to either of you. But what is real to me is that your daughter Lauren knew she was loved and treasured. There is no other way it could have been.

16. MostlyLurker

MostlyLurker Patron Meritorious

[​IMG]

May Laurel find the love you would like to give her​

17. Carmel

Carmel Crusader

Hear, hear! :)

18. Cherished

Cherished Silver Meritorious Patron

My tears are added to the many that have been shed for Lauren.

Scooter and Caz, your grief is a reflection of your love for Lauren. When you express it, you are expressing your love as well. You have honoured Lauren with this post.

:bigcry: :bighug:

19. Patricia Curtis

Patricia Curtis Patron with Honors

Griefy wog here, sittin' in a puddle. That CO was right.

Scooter, thank you for sharing your story in such a way that we could all participate in feelings of love and compassion and sorrow and even anger -- feelings you and your family were denied the day the music died. My best to you all.

20. omnom

omnom Patron with Honors

Hi scooter. I've had your thread bookmarked for a while now, and check every couple of days. I read this a short while ago, and feel compelled to respond.

You have experienced a parent's worst nightmare. I have a very young daughter, and can only understand first-hand the fear in what may happen, not that of actually realizing those fears.

I cannot claim to know how this has felt to you, but I think you're being incredibly brave, not only in confronting your own past directly, but doing so publicly. I'm glad there's a supportive forum for you to communicate.

I'm keenly interested in reading your (and others') story, although I know there are down times in the story - that's why a lot of people are here.

I can offer nothing but empathy and support. I'd like to think that you're stronger after such a large hurdle, although this is somewhat presumptuous - I'm just glad you were able to share this, and hope it gives you some comfort to share with, again, a supportive group.