ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Seeking Advice On A "Hypothetical" Situation

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Beef Terminal, Nov 24, 2007.

View Users: View Users
  1. Div6

Div6 Crusader

I'm not asking for your justifications.
    Or your rationalizations.

I am just asking you to, in the future, not use my posts to inject your viewpoint.

Can you do that?

Thanks.

2. Beef Terminal

Beef Terminal Patron

I'm not sure who or what TruthSeeker is, but I am honored that you would compare me to someone/something with such a noble name...

And when you quote me, be sure to utilize all of it so you don't miss the important bits...like the fact that Patty/Pooks initiated something and I simply played along...

Don't try to do what you do with Scientology and make it look like something that it isn't.

So, here is the full quote: And VedAlanzO, why are you worried about my, as you call it, "slimy attack" (please explain?) on Pooks/Patty. I was only playing along with the game that she initiated in post #47, mate.

http://forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?...1&postcount=47

3. Veda

Veda Sponsor

No.

I'll inject my viewpoint and so should you.

This is a forum.

Please don't inhibit yourself, and I won't either.

There was some brief confusion, that's all.

Suggest you read BT's earlier posts. It'll help you understand the situation better.

4. Beef Terminal

Beef Terminal Patron

That's the first good advice I've heard from VedAlanzO. Seems it only applies occasionally though.

Yeah, do read my other posts, but be sure you check to see what they are "follow-ups" to. Don't act like Zinjifar and Veda and skew/distort something to suit your own ends.

Like my first post on ESMB was an honest and sincere question to Bea Kiddo. Nothing derogatory and was, she claims, from there on ignored (no answer either...which spake quite loudly, in itself).

Her ignoring me is fine, although a little bit puzzling, since in another thread, she claimed to "love new members." Like I said, puzzling.

But always be sure you inject your viewpoint and don't inhibit yourself.

5. Div6

Div6 Crusader

The "situation" is quite clear, thank you very much.

So, when are you going to tell us "your" story?

It seems there is a lot you inhibit yourself from saying....about yourself.

6. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

I'll toss in my opinion for what it's worth. I believe BT's general story, even if I don't like all the noise along with it.

Paul

7. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Firstly, you snipped my post in a misleading way.

Neither myself nor Div6 practice sadism in our postings. You do.

We can enjoy freedom. You tend to abuse it.

And your post to Bea Kiddo was insensitive and out of line.

Now get out of that chair, turn off the computer, and begin to take care of your hypothetical family.

8. Beef Terminal

Beef Terminal Patron

The heat is ON!!!! Listen to that frantic-ness.

Post #77 clears up what I am doing to "take care of my family", but in case you missed it...or are just ignoring it for your convenience of giving yourself something to say...here it is...

"Also, did you know that more than 1 window can be opened on most internet browsers. I think it's usually referred to as multi-tasking. I take advantage of that amazing technological breakthrough and have more than one window open when I am online doing various things...one of which is job searching. Also, today is Sunday, and while I'm not sure about where you live, not many HR departments leave their offices open and manned up at this time."

And you still haven't explained how my comment to Pooks/Patty, in response to a comment of hers, was a "slimy attack". I'd really be interested in hearing why you think it was such.

9. Beef Terminal

Beef Terminal Patron

How do I seem obsessed with my 'theory' that Veda and Alanzo are the same poster? They share EXTREMELY similar viewpoints and one is a social animal with an avatar & picture, hamming it up, while the other simply robotically redundates the same stuff in utter anonymity. Join dates are somewhat close together as well.

And as somewhat prominent posters on this board, they rarely seem to cross paths...

But then it could simply be the diseased imaginings of a $cientologist.

10. Div6

Div6 Crusader

As theories go, its a good as another....the proof of course, is yet to be seen.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.
    So we will see if it moves beyond the theory stage.

My "opinion" is that they are distinct individuals, with 2 very distinct and different experiences with "the onion". Alanzo laments the loss of the object which he found closest to the projection of his ideals. Veda tends more to the "all that glitters is not gold" camp. Both very valid viewpoints...

11. duddins

duddins Patron Meritorious

The point is to recognize what one can and can't do and to act accordingly. I have no trouble calling the police if a child is at risk or a woman is being beat by her husband. I did this more than once for my sister who was a victim of spousal abuse yet kept going back for more.

If I were a guest, I would have to find a way out and quick. I would not want my children bearing witness to domestic violence. But then again, my point of view is based on my own life experience.

I respect your point of view.

Our experiences are very different.

Meanwhile this thread has taken a left hand turn..........

Peace.

12. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Way to go TI. :)

13. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Seconded.

14. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

It would never ocurr to me to think Veda and Alanso are the same person.
    I've been reading their posts since both came to the net I believe. Knew
    Alanzo for years on beliefnet.

The writing styles are way different. Alanzo is mostly having fun and strong on humour, with actually little antgonistic comment on scn. Though it appears from time to time. Veda is quite serious and monotoned on his agenda.

15. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

I think it's a compliment to both Alanzo and Veda in a way. I think they are both terrific! And such an attempt to degrade them both is very interesting. :coolwink:

16. Beef Terminal

Beef Terminal Patron

Mis-interpretation (probably not your first). No attempt to degrade. Just spouting off. Ever done that before?

17. Div6

Div6 Crusader

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Shakespeare

Grade 0 - "Listen" I highly recommend trying it some time...

18. The Oracle

The Oracle Gold Meritorious Patron

Just because he's down on his luck for a moment doesn't mean he has forfeited a right to view and consider.

I know the biggest crime to many people is "being broke".

Just because he is today rearranging his life doesn't mean he's a weak spot to be prodded.

How 'bout a little kindness when your fellow man is down on his luck?

He still has a right to defend himself.

At LEAST can notice outpoints.

At LEAST he is demanding improvment.

He came here asking for help and got a good kick in the teeth.

What's up with that?

It's simple.

"Help me?"

Yes.

or No.

But you don't have to hear someone in distress and assume you can get a good kick in their teeth while they are down.

Haven't you ever heard, "Don't kick a man when he's down". ?

It's only common decency.

T.I.

19. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

"Spouting off" is a disguise for targetting "Opinion Leaders". In my opinion. Old, old game. :D

20. The Oracle

The Oracle Gold Meritorious Patron

I can assure you that Veda and Alanzo are not one and the same.

Alanzo is very flexible and very very funny at times. He is not really stuck in anything, he just seems to visit different points of view.

Alanzo has the ability to change his point of view in an instant.

He also grants others a platform and is not on a set mission here.

He also has good things to say to people.

He also lends encouragement.

He can be hysterically funny too.

He has a broad sense of humor.

Mainly, he is very approachable to communicate with.

So, whatever differences you have with him are easily resolved.

Although he may be challenging at times with ideas he does not go out of his way seeking prey to attack.

You don't get sudden lunges from him from left field either.

His humor is offbeat sometimes but he doesn't go for anyone's throat.

He is usually a gentleman with the ladies.

He also grows on you on the forum after you get used to his dimension.

He makes friends here with people on all sides of the fence.

He is approachable, not reproachful.

He does happen to be honest so if you invite him to comment about something by posting here you have invited his input.

I can assure you, Alanzo is Alanzo and nobody else.

Besides, I know who Veda is and Alanzo is not Veda.

Did your walk on this thread just become a little more comfortable?

T.I.
    T.I.