ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Seeking Advice On A "Hypothetical" Situation

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Beef Terminal, Nov 24, 2007.

View Users: View Users
  1. duddins

duddins Patron Meritorious

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

2. ozzie

ozzie Patron with Honors

what you said Dudds!

:thumbsup:

3. duddins

I am glad I am not the only one who sees massive holes in this scenario and who hopes it is merely hypothetical.

My question is this:

If it is a true scenario, and BT is truly asking for advice......

where are the intrinsic responses that would come from a parent stuck in a situation like this?

There have been no comments referring to action.....just words.

Defensive at times...attacking others on the board at times....that is why it is hard to take this cat seriously.

If one were in such a situation, would one not respond first...in one way or another? For the sake of survival and one's family? Then ask for advice from a message board?

BT: What do you do when these horrid things are taking place?

What does your wife do as these bad things are happening in the home?

Does she have a message board to go to for advice too?

What has been done so far abut this violence in the home?

What do you usually do when he is beating his wife?

(Instead of insulting me, like you did with the others that questioned your thread, let us know. These are real questions...really)

4. Krysti

Krysti Patron with Honors

This is the part that really gets me. Maybe, BT, you should find any job you can get right now, whether it's a "throw away" job or not. Get out. And then look for a better job. Drastic times are cause for drastic measures.

5. duddins

Boy do I hear you......Krysti

IMO "Throw away job" is just an excuse or a tossed out statement to cover the fact that none of this is really happening...............

except at INT as Little Bear Victor pointed out earlier in the thread.

6. Beef Terminal

Beef Terminal Patron

I don't know what "actions" you expect to "see" on a message board...

Because I defend myself against unfounded attacks, and give someone back what they dished out, you can't take me seriously? That's hard to take seriously.

You are missing a vital point here, mate. Action is occurring...even though you can't see it and even though I don't give you up to the minute, play-by-play details to you. I covered this in a previous post where I discussed multi-tasking...

Am I limited to only performing one cycle of action at a time? Well yeah, that's what I thought.

We mind our own, although we did let the "sister-in-law" know that we heard some of what was going on and that if she needs anything (we have baseball bats and mace whcih she knows about), all she has to do is say the word...She is totally under this guy's control, however. Check PAB 13 on "The Aberrative Personality".

My wife runs downstairs and gets right in the face of a coked up, gun wielding, wife-beating loser and starts yelling at him...what the hell do you think she does?

Not sure, I will ask her and let you now, or have her come on here herself to answer your thoughtful question.

Not sure, it's seemed to have died down a bit (or become hidden better) since it first began.

The same thing my wife does.

Really? What insults have I "unprovokenly" dished out??

Excuses and facts, oh my!! Have you been over here?

What a bold statement!!! "...the fact that none of this is really happening." Would some audio or video be proof enough for you? I have audio of the guy forcing the conversation of donkey shows on his wife and in front of his child and the insults to my family...I also have other audio of the types of conversations this guy engages in but most of those were before the infidelity of his wife.

Yeah it's definitely happening there...but not here...

7. The Oracle

The Oracle Gold Meritorious Patron

You can look in the classifieds under: "Apartment Manager", "Property Manager" or "free Rent". Don't think it is a dead end job. I kept moving up and landed in Beverly Hills in a company that managed celebrities and overseas investors estates and made a LOT of money. Once you do well at a building you can move into the property managment company. Once you do well there you can go to just about any state and move your way up to president in any property management company (you'll most likely be recruited). All you have to be able to REALLY do is care about the people in front of you. It is a service oriented work. Then you can start your own company,.. and the sky is the limit. It's best to work up from the bottom, and the work is soooo fun! You get to meet different people all the time. You get to rent out the apartments and be the chaplain of the building. If you are kind all the tenants will come to you for advice, or at least a beer and a chat. You get invited to all the parties in the building. If you start your own company eventually, you will know so much more than other people in the business that didn't start at the bottom and work their way up, you will have an edge. If you do get into a position of power, don't EVER EVER EVER take a kickback (and companies, contactors, and even the union will offer it you). You will find as a person with a sense of ethics you will become very well loved and respected if people can really trust you. And the people you hire will stay with you forever and follow you anywhere. It is such a FUN FUN FUN line of work and you learn so much everyday and the main thing is, you can keep moving up forever. And eventually, at Christmastime, you won't be able to walk in your office because of all the Christmas baskets you got!

Thank you for your generous acknowledgment.

T.I.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  8. duddins

Best of luck with your real situation.

9. The Oracle

P.S. I see a comm ev has been convened on you.

When that happens to me I blow right away and leave a note that says: "T.I. has checked out of the comm ev."

You'de be amazed at how often comm evs get convened on the internet forums, and the finding and recs get distributed on an hourly basis.

It's best to blow from them right away.

Forget what you have been told about blowing.

Blowing is good for the soul.

A thetan has a right to leave a game.

T.I.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  10. Krysti

My suggestion...

Next time you start a thread asking for advice and want people to know the situation is real, you might not want to put the word "hypothetical" in the subject line.

Sincerely,

Krysti

11. Beef Terminal

Beef Terminal Patron

Dear Krysti,

"Hypothetical" was placed in quotation marks as a slight excercise in humor despite the vile situation in which I find myself. I was relying on the intelligence of the readers here to be able to discern the truth of the matter. I am sorry that you (and a couple of others) were unable to "get it".

Scientology can help you with that.

Cordially,

Beef Terminal

12. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Hey BT, this chick is way cool on surviving.

Who else here has told you about fun. :)

13. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

Hi, Beef Terminal,

I know you feel like you've been put on trial here. And I know some people have challenged you. And I know that's a pain in the ass.

But in general there've been some really good friendly advice giving posts on this thread.

Could you dial it back a notch? Believe me, I know how it is to be defensive. I know how it feels.

But thing is, when you present a personal problem and ask people for advice- it opens the door to personal or evaluative comments. Ok, it was presented as an hypothetical but then later you said it was your situation.

So once you invite people to comment on a personal thing- it gets, well- personal!

This forum's nowhere near as wild and wooly as some other ones where people will give you advice even if you didn't even ask for it, believe me.

But it's got a mix of personalities.

Now, as to Krysti, I personally think you are being rough on her. She's not rude and she's always civil, that I could see. If she's getting personal with you, it's because she was invited to do so by your creation of this thread. If she's offering assessments that you don't think are correct or that she doesn't "get it", well, these situations are always different for the person who's involved than the person who's hearing about it. So give her a break.

14. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Yeah. Go Krysrti. :)

15. The Oracle

16. Krysti

Dear Beef Terminal,

Sorry I'm not intelligent enough for you to find any humor in this situation.

I would have hoped you would have asked for advice, with this situation that I take very seriously, without adding in a comment about disconnection that I believe was insincere. I believe it was insincere as I believe you have the intelligence to discern CofS enforced disconnection versus disconnection from the situation you are in. And, as I believe you could have foreseen, instead of sincere advice, you got a lot of flak for it.

As for what I said, I stand by it, especially after your comment about not wanting to just take any "throw away" job. As a parent, your #1 job is keeping your son safe. Do what you need to do, NOW, to make sure your son is safe. Worry about finding a job you like that is not "throw away" later.

You asked for advice. This may not be the advice you wanted to hear, but it is *my* advice.

Sincerely,

Krysti

17. Krysti

Thank you, Fluffy and Terril.

It's always easier to say than to do. Just like advice is always easier to hear than to take.

18. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

I still doubt that Beefy is anything but a 'hypothetical' creature at all, and that his entire purpose in showing up here was merely to spread dissention and especially confusion as to the actual meaning of 'Disconnection'.

Admittedly, there are people who feel that one must bend over backwards to 'grant beingness' to people wearing absurd costumes and selling absurd 'cover stories', but, there comes a time when 'backwards' becomes 'head up your own butt'.

If Beefy really *is* what he claims to be... well, my sneering at him is the *least* of his problems.

Zinj

19. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Occams Razor?

Your comments above are way more complex than Beefys.

20. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

?? Since I've seen them come and go for 10 years, I find the idea of preposterous 'Church' constructs far less preposterous than the Jerry Springerism Beefy was selling; especially given that he came *here* to talk about it and attempting to suggest that it had something to do with Scientology 'Disconnection'.

Zinj