ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Setting a good example.

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by x-x, Mar 28, 2010.

View Users: View Users
  1. Cherished

Cherished Silver Meritorious Patron

Probably guilty. I don't claim perfection.

Sorry, but I don't understand your point. Are you indirectly trying to suggest that I don't respect the cleaning staff? :confused2:

Glad you enjoyed Uni. I enjoyed the B.Th. courses, but I especially enjoyed a D.Min. course I did under Clinicial Psychologist Professor Arch Hart (Fuller Theological Seminary). Brilliant. Life-changing.

Oh, really? You form a judgement with so little evidence. Extraordinary.

You were criticising Christianity?

I just saw a few rudimentary arguments about biblical interpretation. I didn't realise you were intending to criticise Christianity.

Be that as it may, criticisms of Christianity are an every day occurrence, because people have the right to criticise any religion, including mine. I respect that right.

Why you would make the post you did in the context of THIS conversation is more to the point. Was it simply an attempt to change the subject? Or get more posts in the thread? Or to posit yourself as an expert in a field you didn't expect to be challenged on? I don't know the answer to that.
    I agree. At least, I agree if you meant "there are some pertinent points that can be made to people who uncritically accept the Bible as source".

You know me so well.

Thanks, x-x. It has been fun.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  2. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

When does the 'setting a good example' start, x-x?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  3. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  4. R6Basic

R6Basic Patron Meritorious

I feel free to criticize Scn. b/c I was one for 6 years. Scn. are always whining that the people who find fault w/ Scn. have never been one... well this board disproves that. the other reason is that they have been misinformed about Scn. (again this is disproved) or they had mu's/overts/are SP's/or unhandled PTS's. You couldn't point to an onlines Scilon w/o an MU which means I guess they will eventually make overts which will cause them them to blow.. maybe that's why it takes some people 30 years to quit and others only a few months.

I find it funny you appear so injured by people criticizing your "religion" here of all places... You think that a website full of Ex-Scilons would be happy that your all excited about being in Scientology.

If I went to an atheist website I wouldn't except to be treated all that nice either.

Oh, and by trying to point out that the Bible is not 100% correct you ARE invalidating Christians. Christ stated the scriptures were true. God wouldn't let his work be corrupted. Christians are followers of Jesus and he wasn't always humble either.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010