ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Similarity Between Scn Cross and Occult/Satanic Cross

Discussion in 'Tony Ortega' started by maliauctor, Feb 22, 2012.

1. maliauctor

maliauctor Patron

What surprise at 1pm today?

From Villiage Voice's article today: (http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/02/scientology_ot_miracles.php)
    Wonder what the surprise is?

Anyone care to guess? :happydance:

2. maliauctor

maliauctor Patron

3. maliauctor

maliauctor Patron

4. Lermanet_com

Lermanet_com Gold Meritorious Patron

5. maliauctor

maliauctor Patron

Wow, so this is all old news! :duh:

6. Ogsonofgroo

Ogsonofgroo Crusader

Yarr, tis indeed, think there's more than a thread or two here and wwp too regarding the whole cross thingie.
    As a side note, the 'fleurettes' dividing the cross have been around for many years, I am foggy on mah memory here but I believe one of the oldest examples was circa 1400's.

:carryon:

7. Re: What surprise at 1pm today?

WTF?

"o scientology you are so busted!"

because crowley claims "magick" is a science?

8. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Re: What surprise at 1pm today?

Well, this stuff is probably not really news (as in, revelatory) to most here but it certainly would be to many Village Voice readers. :thumbsup:

9. GreyLensman

GreyLensman Silver Meritorious Patron

"But what Urban does in a new piece for the journal Nova Religio is produce a thorough, academic study of the ways that Crowley's "magick" found parallels in what would become Hubbard's most famous creation, Scientology."

Yep. Actually I think it was LRH claiming majick as science-tology.

"So was Ron sitting by taking notes, or speaking in tongues, or something else while Jack was having occult-flavored sex with Marjorie? Whatever the three got up to, on March 6 Parsons wrote to Crowley saying that the deed was done and that in nine months a Moonchild would be born.

Crowley was not impressed. He wrote to a friend in April, "Apparently Parsons or Hubbard or somebody is producing a Moonchild. I get fairly frantic when I contemplate the idiocy of these goats.""

I can just see Source's source putting his hands to his head in exasperation.

10. Re: What surprise at 1pm today?

yup

so so so so much would be news to so many

11. WildKat

WildKat Gold Meritorious Patron

Not that it's that important, but I always saw that quote with the word "louts" not "goats". Probably Village Voice just got it wrong, and I hate to see any Press misquoting anyone. "Louts" made more sense to me, at any rate.

A lot of on-line sources quote it as "louts"

http://www.fact-index.com/a/al/aleister_crowley.html

12. LA SCN

LA SCN NOT drinking the kool-aid

And others across the 'net !! :thumbsup:

13. Lure Rob & Hyde

Lure Rob & Hyde Patron with Honors

Here is a comment that was on this article on Village Voice that I really liked

"Hmmm.. so Black Majik is the basis for Scientology is what I get from all of this.
    Let me try some conjuring of my own now that I think I have it clear in my mind.
    Alakazam Scientolgy is a Scam ""
    OK let's all chant together
    Alakazam Scientology is a Scam ""

Repeat this phrase until a Martian Dwarf appears with glaring eyes .
    Then take your wand and wave it at the dwarf while saying "poof you are a bucket of shit "!

14. Ogsonofgroo

Ogsonofgroo Crusader

15. Freeminds

Freeminds Bitter defrocked apostate

Regardless of this "news" being over sixty years old, it's nice to see LRH's Affirmations get an airing. I think Ortega showed them in a new light, too.

An interesting juxtaposition:

Not "I have friendship only for Jack Parsons," but the far more significant word order, "I have only friendship for Jack Parsons."

This from an author, and an obsessive word-clearer. He affirms (seeks) only friendship. Is this Hubs trying to control and limit the feelings that he is developing for Jack Parsons, perhaps as a result of their participating in the 'Babalon Working' together?

Of course, Hubbard was clearly homophobic, as his Scientology-era writings show... but that could well be a reaction to his own feelings of guilt and self-loathing, having dabbled in that particular forbidden subject, just as he did with 'Magick'. It was a different time.

I always felt that the Affirmations showed LRH to be a nasty piece of work, and deeply troubled. Now Ortega's got me thinking that maybe L Ron Hubbard was a closet gay. It would go some way to explaining his asexual 'cloaking' with the CMO, later.

16. Infinite

Infinite Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

17. NoName

NoName A Girl Has No Name

You're not the only one who noticed that. My knee-jerk reaction to reading that was :omg:

It's always been clear to me that LRH HATED women. Homosexual self-hatred would certainly explain why.

18. Lermanet_com

Lermanet_com Gold Meritorious Patron

Jack Parsons sued Hubbard

case docs HERE

19. Demented LRH

Demented LRH Patron Meritorious

I was told by ex-Scientologist that 4 small bars on Scientology cross represent Devil's horns. It, indeed, seems odd, but it may be true -- L. Ron Hubbard Junior said in his interview that his father believed he is Satan.

20. secretiveoldfag

secretiveoldfag Silver Meritorious Patron

The Double Cross is only a small part of this story. Hubbard used some very evil procedures when creating the deeper levels of his cult.

I can imagine your nice middle-class credulous Scientologist would find this article an eye-opener. :omg:

I did and I've known all about all of this for years.

It is too important to reduce to a single point.