Skeptics and Pseudo-Skeptics of Scientology

Discussion in 'Evaluating and Criticising Scientology' started by Alanzo, Aug 12, 2019.

View Users: View Users
  1. Alanzo

Alanzo Screeching Harpy

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  2. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

This time I'll say more than "Go away."

If a friend of a friend sidles up to you and whispers, "'Ere mate, wanna buy a case of vodka that fell off a lorry?" (you'll have to excuse the English version: pretend it's a Monty Python skit), do you think to yourself, "Ah, why not, this esteemed gentleman hasn't been convicted of passing stolen goods in a court of law."?

I can't be bothered to flesh out this argument. Maybe some transplanted ancient Greeks might be willing to refute it, but those of us who've lived the cult life for decades have ample supporting life experience. Including you.

Now, go away.

Paul

• Thanks Thanks x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  3. Bill

Bill Gold Meritorious Patron

I find it amusing that some people come here and pompously lecture us on how we are so flawed and ignorant -- and then carefully instruct us on how we may mend our ignorant ways and rise up to their lofty, enlightened state.

We are hereby ordered to ... "cultivate the courage [to] be a true skeptic" by our betters.

I could get annoyed, as I usually am by pomposity, but, given the venue, I'm just amused.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  4. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

As I read that I could literally see Michael Palin propositioning Terry Jones with those very words. Brilliant!

5. Cat's Squirrel

Cat's Squirrel Gold Meritorious Patron

Someone once said that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Even on introductory courses, Scn makes extraordinary claims - for example, I was told that if you do the Comm Course you'll have as many friends as you want (not true) - so its critics are entitled to judge it against those claims. Where are the clears as per the DMSMH definition, i.e. exhibiting perfect recall? Who has managed to so free themselves from PTSness that they never get sick? The list could go on.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Alanzo

Alanzo Screeching Harpy

7. Alanzo

Alanzo Screeching Harpy

8. lotus

lotus autonomous rebellous

I come to you as Lord Metteya
    I come to to you as Plato

Wow wow wow

:laugh:

• LOL LOL x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. lotus

Alanzo the master,

He makes public dirty laundry for years but we must believe that his laundry is whiter than white.

And not the least he was just a nice sweet scientology executive mice ...for years!

10. Alanzo

Alanzo Screeching Harpy

Were you ever a Scientologist, Lotus?

And what does "public dirty laundry" mean?

And "sweet Scientology executive mice".

What does that mean?

11. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

12. lotus

Oh my great master

I must admit I have never been a Scientologist..like you, I would never participante in abusive gimmicks in that cult.

I don't have a clue, but like you I read minds and want to enlight ex-scientologists , teaching them my wisdom!

In 5 years from now, you may understand my mystic langage...you shall have made a little effort since you mentionned it on your blog ;
    but if you prefer, we can debate in french..I master french and use beautifull Words. I suppose you have learned french???? It's the most spoken langage after English.

Is your heightness master satisfied with my reply???

:bow:

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  13. Alanzo

Alanzo Screeching Harpy

I'm not making fun of your English. You speak English way better than I speak any other language.

I was really trying to understand what you meant by those things.

14. lotus

Ditto:D

the word is just puuuurfect
    Pomposity

:D

15. Alanzo

Alanzo Screeching Harpy

Thank you, Paul.

Run along now.

Someone is misplacing a comma somewhere on the board, and you need to handle that.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Poop Poop x 1
    • List
  16. lotus

Since you did once, I was entitled To believe so
    But don't worry Alanzo I am proofed and thick skin to either seduction or insults.

I must admit though, I rarely encountered it on ESMB...it's a wonderfull respectful community ( we are not Perfect, yes we are humans) that Emma (and few others) work hard to build.

And because I am truly are grateful To Emma, I respect and take care of HER home. This , for my part, while speaking my mind and not belong or being bought by Anyone since I do my good and bad stuff by myself!

Yes I was a Scientologist, public, staff, mission, classe IV org, and SO at Flag (from where I had To escspe..or may be I was brought to believe this); before and after LRH death. Mainly in Tech. That's enough!

You must know what a dirty laundry is!

17. Alanzo

Alanzo Screeching Harpy

OK, so you meant that I make other people's dirty laundry public on my blog. And I'm a hypocrite because I have just as much dirty laundry than any one else does.

OK.

And then Scientology executive mice?

you mean like an exec in a small mission?

18. lotus

That doesn't ressemble Paul.

19. Alanzo

Alanzo Screeching Harpy

That's an old thing. He's obviously very nostalgic for the old days, joking and laughing and playing around with me.

It's why he keeps telling me to "Go away".

He's a kidder.

20. lotus

You make your OWN dirty Landry Public which is not the same as being a critic.

One adresses ideas, public behavior, or whatever public; The other is using a plateform to smear people and use personnal stuff and private conversations instead of facts. Like Scientology hate sites you link. Are you at least paid for linking since they are collecting our ip addresses???

Anyway , These are grudge matches you have with critics since it's mostly gossip and assumptions.

You appear almost nice, is this the death kiss???

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019