What's new

So, I'm taking a course at a Mission today.

Esion

Patron
Hello all!

You may have known me from a previous thread I had posted; concerning the effectiveness of the tech:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=8188

It has been a while. Most suspected I was trolling or with the CofS. I assure you all, I was being legitimate. Call me a moron if you will (here it comes!), but I'm going to give it a shot.

I'll be taking the Communications course today. I know what to expect, but hopefully that won't deter from the experience. Some say it's a prerequisite for brainwashing, others say it's good stuff. "Some" and "Others" both being Ex-Scientologists.

Depending how my experience goes, I will more than likely cease from continuing courses; and ask for my money back. I have had no luck getting in contact with any FreeZoners. I'm in the Sacramento/Bay Area, so please contact me if you can get me in touch with the right people :)

Feel free to PM me if you're an Ex-Scientologist. I will be more than happy to exchange phone numbers. I have not personally spoken with an Ex-Scientologist, and I think it would be interesting to hear both sides of the spectrum.

Oh yeah, how much does the Communications course cost? I've heard anywhere from $15-$50.

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
Hello all!

You may have known me from a previous thread I had posted; concerning the effectiveness of the tech:

It has been a while. Most suspected I was trolling or with the CofS. I assure you all, I was being legitimate. Call me a moron if you will (here it comes!), but I'm going to give it a shot.

I'll be taking the Communications course today. I know what to expect, but hopefully that won't deter from the experience. Some say it's a prerequisite for brainwashing, others say it's good stuff. "Some" and "Others" both being Ex-Scientologists.

Depending how my experience goes, I will more than likely cease from continuing courses; and ask for my money back. I have had no luck getting in contact with any FreeZoners. I'm in the Sacramento/Bay Area, so please contact me if you can get me in touch with the right people :)

Feel free to PM me if you're an Ex-Scientologist. I will be more than happy to exchange phone numbers. I have not personally spoken with an Ex-Scientologist, and I think it would be interesting to hear both sides of the spectrum.

Oh yeah, how much does the Communications course cost? I've heard anywhere from $15-$50.

On the Communications Course you will learn and practise that the way to stay in good communication with a person is to be able to stare at them without blinking for long periods of time. Hubbard was a genius.

DCAnon

Silver Meritorious Patron
lmao, stare tech. It's one of my favorites. I always think that they're trying to set me on fire or scare me because they give me a lizard stare. Snerk snerk.

If you're interested in the Freezone, contact Terril on this board. He'll be able to point you to people in your area.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Go for it, we'll look forward to a full report of your "progress".

For newbies; read the original thread and note that Esion = noisE, PM your details at your own risk.

Ladybird

Esion, much of the lower bridge (like the Comm Course) DOES work. I am sure it will be really great and cost only 50 bucks or so. These are called "Div 6" or "public" courses.

They are fine in themselves, but the cult uses them like bait on a hook to reel in suckers. (They call new people "raw meat" or "wogs").

Read more, you will see that many people who left scientology say they got their biggest "wins" on the introductory courses and feel ripped off because they thought if THAT worked the upper levels must be so much better.

Scientology is your classic bait and switch scam.

You have a wealth of information right at your fingertips and I suggest you look into it before you turn over your money and trust to a cult that is unliscensed and unregulated and hiding behind a cloak of religion. Please read everything you can, information is the only vaccine against being taken by a confidence game, and the scientology con is a good one!

Here is an interesting thread about how scammers work to start with:

http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=30753

Please keep reading?

Esion

Patron
For newbies; read the original thread and note that Esion = noisE, PM your details at your own risk.

I don't know if "noise" is a term within Scientology or why it constitutes to me being a "risk", but I am harmless and have no hidden agenda.

At the same time, I don't blame anybody for having suspicion; especially on a board of this nature and the CofS's reputation.

So, any constructive comments are still greatly appreciated :)

Esion

Patron
Hrm. I was told about 6 months ago from a larger org that Success Through Communications was $15, the mission is telling me $50, and the org just told me $100.

I guess with money back, it doesn't matter... but still.

I kind of expected Scientologists to be perfect with their consistency!

Ex_SaintHill

Patron with Honors
The reason that the org costs more than the mission is per LRons policy . A mission must charge less than an org. I think in the policy the reason is explained that the org has higher trained staff than the mission.

CornPie

Patron Meritorious
The Communications Course is a head-f***, in filthy-scientology's favor. It is step-one for them to get you under their control.

Whether Esion is a troll or not, my replies are about far more than just him. Our replies will be read by many people on the Internet, for years to come. So it is well worth spending the time on this thread, and the other thread linked to in post #1 of this thread -- which warn newbies about scientology.

Lots of people have said in these two threads, "The Communications Course may work for you." But it will work even better for filthy-scientology. The "comm course" is step-one, into putting your mind into a robotic trance-like state. It all starts out with (tr0) staring for long periods, without blinking, into the face of a so-called "twin", who just happens to be there when you show up for course. They will report on you, they'll know your "buttons", your contacts, life position, or if you have any money. And since I didn't have any money, they wanted me to join staff.

A couple of weeks into the Comm Course, when I showed up for course one day, an alleged auditor in training "offered" me a "free" auditing session, as part of him advancing on his auditing course. I took him up on it, how could I resist. That auditing session left me "keyed out" for a few days. Just after that session was my first e-meter check. Wow I thought, I'm so keyed out, just like I'd heard, this scientology is really something.

The next day, while I was still keyed out, I returned to the Comm Course. At that point they "regd" me into joining staff. I had been forewarned they would push hard, that they were very persistent and effective. So I'm not sure how I let myself get sucked into joining staff, because it was the last thing I wanted. Perhaps it was a result of the auditing session (mentioned in the previous paragraph), and the hypnotic effects of the Comm Course. But I was young, and they were trained shysters. Seconds after I signed the agreement to join staff, the staff gathered at the "org board", an announcement was made that I'd just joined staff. Everybody cheered, clapped, then went about their business, it was just all too wierd. My name was put on that "org-board", and they colledted my tax-SSN and birth date. As soon as I joined staff, and signed that agreement, the s*** really started, "gradiently" as they say in scientology. I would like to hear audio, and see video of such auditing sessions, as well as reg'ing people onto staff. (When analyzing these details, please consider that these events occurred 30 years ago.) I also want to say that after writing this, I realized they didn't reg me onto staff, until "after" they ran the e-meter on me following my auditing session -- was this perhaps because they wanted to to see if I was "clean" in their opinion or not?

Just remember this; everything, everything regarding filthy-scientology is about head-f***ing, deception, lies, exaggeration, manipulation. And scientology will f*** with you for the entire rest of your life.

What helped me to get out of scientology fairly early, was people getting in-my-face. Such as; 1) an acquaintance snarling about a hubbard-ass book in my home, 2) having my picture taken at a scientology led protest, 3) a guy outside the org angrily yelling in a loud deep voice. I will always appreciate these three people who helped get me away from scientology. So there's another side to the "be nice" story. I realize there are two sides to the story, but I really appreciate ESMB'ers AngryGayPope and AnonOrange for their in-your-face protests. And I have no doubt that a significant portion of the people who trash talk them are trolls working on behalf of filthy-scientology.

Last edited:
Hello all!

There are better ways to achieve hypnotic mind control over you, but Hubbard's Communications course is not bad, I've heard people actually claim it helped them communicate. Judging from your posts it seems you don't have a problem communicating, but I'm sure the cult and convince you that you do. If you don't know what to do with your money, You'd better off developing a drug habit, it's cheaper and a lot easier to recover from

Hello all!

The course itself has useful information. Depending on the people delivering the course & how they behave it can be used to unduly influence a person.

Here's a helpful suggestion on handling Co$ "heavy regging" techniques: NEVER sign-up for any action while at a mission/org which you had not decided already to sign-up for while AWAY from the place.

Registrars will fight HARD to get you to sign-up for courses & programs at the time they talk with you. Just hear them out, thank them politely for their time when you've heard enough, and walk away. Drives them crazy but keeps you from being controlled. :)

I have had no luck getting in contact with any FreeZoners. I'm in the Sacramento/Bay Area, so please contact me if you can get me in touch with the right people :)

There's a freezone mission in Davis, I'll pm you a contact. Carmelo Orchards is in the general vicinity of that part of California. He hangs out on ESMB and could no doubt provide some assistance in the matter. You can pm here.

Additionally, the following is the IFA's active auditor list. There are a few people listed in the "west usa" & "california" regions who are actually in that general area.

http://internationalfreezone.net/auditor-directory.shtml

Mark A. Baker

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
The comm course (Success Through Communication Course, I assume) can be very helpful. The only real problem with it is that in the CofS you get to do it in a lions' den.

Paul

DCAnon

Lol, doubt it'll work anyways. What good is a "communications course" when they tell you who you're allowed to communicate with and who you're not allowed to talk to?

Not to mention...when I see them do the stare tech, I always get them to blink first. :coolwink:

CornPie

Patron Meritorious
If you want to meet a real live ethics officer, just mention that you're posting here.
I'd rather watch videos taken from a hidden body-camera, of when they try to reg him onto staff.

And a second video, just after they've reg'd him onto staff, showing the faces of the staff who gather around to cheer him -- then he starts yelling that he snookered them, and tells them Xenu is a bunch of BS that hubbard-ass made up, that OT-3 invisible body thetans, and clusters are BS too. And if all the staff heard him -- that would be a good one.

AsianWolf's Body Cameras: http://www.asianwolf.com/body-worn-cameras.html

Last edited: