ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Songwriter Gabriella Cilmi on how Scientology documentaries influenced her latest release The Water

Discussion in 'Breaking and Major News about Scientology' started by COS and NOI News, Sep 23, 2019.

View Users: View Users
  1. COS and NOI News

COS and NOI News @ISNOINews on Twitter

Songwriter Gabriella Cilmi on how Scientology documentaries influenced her latest release "The Water."

Songwriting Magazine - Song Deconstructed: ‘The Water’ by Gabriella Cilmi

https://www.songwritingmagazine.co....onstructed-the-water-by-gabriella-cilmi/46145

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Lyrics

At the time we were writing the song I was staying up late binge-watching Wild, Wild Country on Netflix and quite a few different docs on Scientology… I think we’ve all fallen down that rabbit hole on YouTube. I had some weird dreams! Characters like Osho and L. Ron Hubbard were firmly planted inside my subconscious.

The idea of a self-proclaimed messiah luring followers and promising them peace of mind and you know, the answers to life, the universe and everything whilst taking all their cash and making them bankrupt at the same… was the main inspiration behind the lyrics. It really made me think of how desperate we can be, myself included, to believe in someone or something that sometimes we put all our faith, time, energy and cash into something dodgy. Whether it be a bad romance or phoning up the psychic hotline at 2am on a Monday night…

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019