What's new

Sooth from a closed thread.

MattD

Patron with Honors
Re: Just a reminder

Emma,

I have read up to page 20 of this thread before finding anything to say to contribute to this discussion that had not been articulated by another.

What comes to mind is, in no particular order of significance.

If *I* wished to make less of ESMB's ability to damage scientology's money making scam, I would do the following things:

1) I would try to goad those whose writings were the MOST damaging to get themselves banned, by needling them with innuendos... or by just pushing their buttons.

2) I would try to surround the operator of the board with people who would agee with the operator, admire the operator, suck up to the operator, always polite, always proper, - decorum was the word I needed...

3) I would attack, using contrived group agreement, and gentle fallacies, and 'we all know' generalizations - your sense of TRUST in those key figures in this war for truth, whose ideas have been the most damaging to scientology.

4) I would try to get personal information by any means, to ID the most damaging new posters...

5) I would cause (by whatever means) that the key postings with damaging content to be buried by content-less postings, by a charade of nicks. I might even try to scroll really damaging postings off the sidebar of recent posts.

Comment: Scientology does not care about 'scientology does bad things', efforts to quash bad personal stories is done, but mostly when there isnt anything of the topic they really detest... which are those posts that explain how the trick was done. HOW we were fooled....

6) and I would send false information to federal authorities to try to get the target into criminal troubles.

7) Having surrounded the target with people they think they know and trust, I would use THEM to sow distrust of other key targets that needed to be gotten rid of. Because if they stood together - well, that is the most important covert op target.

And re the moderation traffic being a pain, yes, I know, but for any board this big to work, you must delegate to the best people for the job, considering the intent of the board. But to delegate, you must trust another's judgement, which is why TRUST of other key players is targeted so carefully, so you won't trust. So delegating seems so difficult. I know this from experience.

I started posting about scientology -- counting.. 21 years ago. It took decades for me to see some of these patterns.

-------------

and a comment about those who have been actively selling $cientology tech.. they should be treated as pushers, as sellers of a technology for creating sociopathy. Those that don't 'get it" after a reasonable amount of time should be ejected, and encouraged to get professional help elsewhere, so that they will not damage, impede, or slow down the recovery of others. If their 'tech' is so damn priceless, let them start their own board, and then see if they can draw a crowd.

I'll go back to reading the thread...
Thank you for reading.
arnie lerma
Lermanet.com
Exposing the Con
WE COME BACK for our friends and family
to get them out before they end up here:
whyaretheydead.info

PS: and Sharone 1st contacted me back in (about) 2007.., I believe I suggested to her that she start posting here on ESMB.
Last edited by Lermanet_com; 26th January 2012 at 08:07 PM.
How to become an Expert Operator(c) 1931 30 Mb pdf
Alice in Wonderland - Source for Hubbard's use
"Reducing people's freedom is big business" Bob Dylan in Masked and Anonymous
"Contrary to general belief, it has been my experience that the more intelligent the subject, the easier it is to induce hypnosis" Ralph Slater - "Hypnotism" May 1950 Large PDF of entire book

I think a careful reading of the above would be useful for all.

Too many important voices have disappeared from this forum already.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Gosh, gee whillikers, shucks fire......now ya'll don't really think some of them thar barely disguised scientologists are doing that kind stuff do ya ?

C'mon, ?

Smilla

Ordinary Human
I agree with all you say Arnie. It is obvious to me that one poster is here to ambulance chase/hunt people fresh out from the Mother Cult, by and all means that won't incur a permanent ban. The same person cyberbullies/cyberstalks anyone who could compromise his activities, or because he has feelings of intense, obsessive, hatred towards them for some reason.

As well as that he Carries out long-term plans to discover their real life names for use against them by publicly outing them, or for filing for other possible uses.

In many cases he trys to persuade the subject into having unwanted telephone or Skype conversations to further his 'data mining' - especially if the subject is female.

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
ESMB moderator hard at work closing down flame war threads...

nude-woman-typing--thumb2425209.jpg

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
I respectfully disagree.

And, in all due respect, I feel some important voices have departed ( however they departed ).

Why ? I tend to look at the voices of people as important. And I'd surely agree some posters ( people if you will ) make statements that don't garner a whole of attention but might well catch a lurker in a way that gets that lurker thinking and ultimately out of the trap of scientology. Or to start acting in a way more beneficial to them and those around them.

I'm not willing to write ANY voice off as not important.

Sometimes even the things posted I dislike the most galvanize a view I already hold to be even stronger or strengthen my resolve to keep trying to guide all people away from what I consider the evils of scientology ( no matter what form it is hidden in ).

And, there are people who when they post are poetry to my soul and have caused me to look in ways I never imagined I'd look. I love 'em. But sometimes a line or two from an almost unkown poster or a poster I don't particularly care for can stop me in my tracks and cause me to think about something in a different way.

All voices, to me, remain important. Maybe not equal but certainly important.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
I know some good people have left the forum. Some great critics and some others, too. Not saying that this isn't the case. And, yes, I do miss them.

My disagreements are in a somewhat different direction...

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
I respectfully disagree.
So what's the gripe? - That Arnie is a hardass critic who doesn't give quarter? - That he's not 'reasonable' and 'fair' enough towards The Sinister Scam Cult of Scientology?

I respectfully disagree..

The cult ain't dead yet. This means we've been too soft on 'em.

:yes:

Challenge

Silver Meritorious Patron

Aren't you the person on that other"closed" thread that said that I probably didn't know about Emma's post?

Of course I knew about it. I read every message. Just because I didn't jump right in on the converation doesn't mean that I am "not aware", as you and sweet Ladybird posted.

You must think I am really Stoopid!:coolwink:

challenge

Challenge

Silver Meritorious Patron
And, in all due respect, I feel some important voices have departed ( however they departed ).

Why ? I tend to look at the voices of people as important. And I'd surely agree some posters ( people if you will ) make statements that don't garner a whole of attention but might well catch a lurker in a way that gets that lurker thinking and ultimately out of the trap of scientology. Or to start acting in a way more beneficial to them and those around them.

I'm not willing to write ANY voice off as not important.

Sometimes even the things posted I dislike the most galvanize a view I already hold to be even stronger or strengthen my resolve to keep trying to guide all people away from what I consider the evils of scientology ( no matter what form it is hidden in ).

And, there are people who when they post are poetry to my soul and have caused me to look in ways I never imagined I'd look. I love 'em. But sometimes a line or two from an almost unkown poster or a poster I don't particularly care for can stop me in my tracks and cause me to think about something in a different way.

All voices, to me, remain important. Maybe not equal but certainly important.

Reuben Hart could have been an asset to ESMB had he been given the time to learn the ropes, and to see when he was being goaded. Unfortunately, he didn't last here long enuff . His button on Religion got pushed beyond his tolerance. We all know how hard it is to allow ppl with little or no knowlege in a subject to engage us in a "debate" about it. Reuben fell, and we lost a potentially excellent poster.

challenge

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
So what's the gripe? - That Arnie is a hardass critic who doesn't give quarter? - That he's not 'reasonable' and 'fair' enough towards The Sinister Scam Cult of Scientology?

I respectfully disagree..

The cult ain't dead yet. This means we've been too soft on 'em.

Got no gripe, as such. Just respectfully disagree with some points and the way they are worded.

IMHO, kinda reminds me of the "what are their motivations"/conspiracy think posts. Slippery slope, possibly.

Good twin

Floater
Aren't you the person on that other"closed" thread that said that I probably didn't know about Emma's post?

Of course I knew about it. I read every message. Just because I didn't jump right in on the converation doesn't mean that I am "not aware", as you and sweet Ladybird posted.

You must think I am really Stoopid!:coolwink:

challenge

Not at all Challenge. I think you are too smart to fall into a meaningless power struggle that's all.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I loved a post that oneflewover posted in the closed thread......

I'm going to bring it out here for an encore in case anyone missed it in the original (and fast moving) thread.

It was in response to a post by Gadfly:
Gadfly:
Personally, I see any person who has left the Church of Scientology, but who still maintains this insane allegiance to the "tech" and Hubbard, to be the very strangest of all possible creatures.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?26057-Just-a-reminder&p=651828&viewfull=1#post651828

oneflewover:
The difference lies in their ability to do a trial separation, instead of going for the divorce.

What I've observed is that many who fit that description have had to amend their delusions about Hubbard due to overwhelming evidence that his autobiography was just another one of his works of fiction.

But their mistake was in not also pulling that string and seeing where that leads.

If the "tech" is still ok, THEN it doesn't matter if Hubbard was a total fuck up. "THE TECH STILL WORKS, EVEN IF HUBBARD DOESN'T!!!"

I think Hubbard had as much attention on implanting as he did, because it's what he was trying to perfect the tech of, rather than freedom and OT ability and perception.

So this being the case, his "PR self" was promising the world, and the Universe, and beyond, while his hidden self was trying to work out how to complete the enslavement of his ever expanding followership.

The give away, is how he balanced the promising of OT while trying to instil as much fear of NOT going OT as he could muster.

Those who hang onto tech even while admitting Hubbard was a fuck up, have Hubbards thought forms or implants sitting there uninspected.

His statements in that putrid "from here to eternity" Ron's Journal sum it up pretty well, where he talks about the grand vistas available to those who stay the course with unquestioning fidelity, while going on to describe how an eternity of pure hell never before imagined awaits those who stray.

If you've got that crap sitting there with some juice on it, you're not likely to consider turning away from the tech, just on the off chance....

"Some day, I'll get what the others have been getting all along. Others HAVE been getting it all along, right?, and it's just me that hasn't been. I mean, I must have some really, really, really well hidden overts blocking my way. Maybe another FPRD, L10 will uproot them, and then it's on to an eternity of TOTAL CAUSE."

OR

Maybe Hubbard was a lying fuck and his tech is largely a fucking lie.

Nah. It's OT ALL THE WAY FOR ME. (I need a lot more money).

This then spawns the supporting justifications like the subject stands on it's own and doesn't depend on Hubbard in any way.

Not true. Not true. The subject depends utterly on Hubbard, and he did his best to ensure the remained completely the case forever. Witness the periodic reissues of that KSW toilet paper.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?26057-Just-a-reminder&p=651984&viewfull=1#post651984

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Reuben Hart could have been an asset to ESMB had he been given the time to learn the ropes, and to see when he was being goaded. Unfortunately, he didn't last here long enuff . His button on Religion got pushed beyond his tolerance. We all know how hard it is to allow ppl with little or no knowlege in a subject to engage us in a "debate" about it. Reuben fell, and we lost a potentially excellent poster.

challenge

Perhaps you are unaware of the abusive emails and PMs I got from Reuben Hart? And possibly the tirade of abuse he let loose on his brother who has been a peaceful & active poster on ESMB for years?

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, if we are handing out free advice, here’s my 2 one-hundredths of a primary unit of colonial currency:

1. Scientology makes people go mad.
  2. Given 1. above, it is sensible to think twice before taking too seriously anything said or written by anyone who was involved in Scientology at any point in their lives. Including me.
  3. Emma has her head screwed on.
  4. Emma has numerous sensible and rational people to call upon for advice, including one of the most sane and rational people I know, right in her own home.
  5. Emma is doing a damn good job.
  6. ESMB works and it helps people.

Axiom142