What's new

Sparrow gets assaulted and a Goldenrod all in one video.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I'm not familiar with the laws in DC but in SOME jurisdictions the offense against Sparrow would clearly fall under the definition of "Battery", which is a criminal offense. Here is a definition (below) I found..........and again, I have no idea if this particular definition would be accurate in that jurisdiction:

"At common law, an intentional unpermitted act causing harmful or offensive contact with the "person" of another.

Battery is concerned with the right to have one's body left alone by others.

Battery is both a tort and a crime. Its essential element, harmful or offensive contact, is the same in both areas of the law. The main distinction between the two categories lies in the penalty imposed. A defendant sued for a tort is civilly liable to the plaintiff for damages. The punishment for criminal battery is a fine, imprisonment, or both. Usually battery is prosecuted as a crime only in cases involving serious harm to the victim.
Elements

The following elements must be proven to establish a case for battery: (1) an act by a defendant; (2) an intent to cause harmful or offensive contact on the part of the defendant; and (3) harmful or offensive contact to the plaintiff.

The Act The act must result in one of two forms of contact. Causing any physical harm or injury to the victim—such as a cut, a burn, or a bullet wound—could constitute battery, but actual injury is not required. Even though there is no apparent bruise following harmful contact, the defendant can still be guilty of battery; occurrence of a physical illness subsequent to the contact may also be actionable. The second type of contact that may constitute battery causes no actual physical harm but is, instead, offensive or insulting to the victim. Examples include spitting in someone's face or offensively touching someone against his or her will.

Touching the person of someone is defined as including not only contacts with the body, but also with anything closely connected with the body, such as clothing or an item carried in the person's hand. For example, a battery may be committed by intentionally knocking a hat off someone's head or knocking a glass out of some-one's hand.

Intent Although the contact must be intended, there is no requirement that the defendant intend to harm or injure the victim. In Tort Law, the intent must be either specific intent—the contact was specifically intended—or general intent—the defendant was substantially certain that the act would cause the contact. The intent element is satisfied in Criminal Law when the act is done with an intent to injure or with criminal negligence—failure to use care to avoid criminal consequences. The intent for criminal law is also present when the defendant's conduct is unlawful even though it does not amount to criminal negligence.

Intent is not negated if the aim of the contact was a joke. As with all torts, however, consent is a defense. Under certain circumstances consent to a battery is assumed. A person who walks in a crowded area impliedly consents to a degree of contact that is inevitable and reasonable. Consent may also be assumed if the parties had a prior relationship unless the victim gave the defendant a previous warning.

There is no requirement that the plaintiff be aware of a battery at the time it is committed. The gist of the action is the lack of consent to contact. It is no defense that the victim was sleeping or unconscious at the time.

Harmful or Offensive Conduct It is not necessary for the defendant's wrongful act to result in direct contact with the victim. It is sufficient if the act sets in motion a force that results in the contact. A defendant who whipped a horse on which a plaintiff was riding, causing the plaintiff to fall and be injured, was found guilty of battery. Provided all other elements of the offense are present, the offense may also be committed by causing the victim to harm himself. A defendant who fails to act when he or she has a duty to do so is guilty—as where a nurse fails to warn a blind patient that he is headed toward an open window, causing him to fall and injure himself."

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/battery

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
I got a KR for imitating a pistol with my fingers.

My guess is that their attempt to make a harassment charge stick was not admissible in court due to the public venue and lack of evidence of harassment. They stepped up to encourage an attempted assault charge in retaliation to their stupid tactics to spur that on.

Cops don't want to go to court to testify, so he will do his best to avoid anything that isn't a blatant discretion.

Keep up the protests Sparrow, your truth is killing their stats!

YES a yellow piece of paper that has no legal standing other than copyright infringement potentially.

Now, according to them, none of their members are allowed to talk with you while you can legally protest the Org in public!
Oh, and anyone going into the org who isn't a staff member or "parishioner" doesn't have to pay any attention to that Goldenrod.

WIN WINWINWINWIN!

The police in Toronto, CA arrested a girl for battery after being warned by an officer not to blow bubbles on them. If a bubble hit the officer he said he would arrest her for battery, legally the bubble allegedly touched him and would merit contact against the will of the officer after the warning. Sparrow warned, him, but that looked like battery to me.

Protesters should start handing Scientologists Goldenrods with an Anonymous letterheads on them, to make the Scientologists realize just how meaningless and silly the cult's Goldenrods are.

Div6

Crusader
Do we get to see the Goldenrod?

I think he will post it tonight. They tell 3 untruths in this "ethics order", and mis-spell a word or two. I LOL'ed at this pathetic attempt, but they have to DO SOMETHING, as their parishoners are wondering why "the tech isn't working".

On another note, I spoke with a person who was walking by and wondered what it was all about. I wound up giving her a copy of Amy's book to read....she was a "seeker" and would be ripe for picking otherwise. When I told Tommy that "she would be back" and he "should be happy" his eyes glazed over, and he appeared to be at a loss for words....

If I didn't know better, I'd say he went "out-int".....but being the super scilon staff that he is, there is no Case on Post, so the most charitable thing I can say is that his TR's went out.......noticeably.

rhansrider

Patron with Honors
Protesters should start handing Scientologists Goldenrods with an Anonymous letterheads on them, to make the Scientologists realize just how meaningless and silly the cult's Goldenrods are.

That is a GREAT idea! Cheap but very effective.

Scilons lunge with a golden rod, Anon parries with a yellow bird! The battle of the yellow pieces of paper begins..............

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
You were correct Lionhart.

The CoS is desperately trying to find something, anything to handle Sparrow. They cannot understand why LRH didn't leave some Tech behind to handle his types. :D

At the very least, Sparrow needs to document the incident with this officer and perhaps bring it to the attention of the Chief of Police and/or internal affairs.
If this officer witnessed the incident (on video) of assault and refused to protect Sparrow then what is he getting paid for? He had a bad attitude from the very beginning when Sparrow requested to talk to him and the officer responded "No" to the request without even knowing what it was about.

Ultimately, the Sparrow is dealing with a bunch of wimps who know better than to do anything too drastic because everything he does is well documented. There isn't a one of them that couldn't be dealt with via pepper spray or one of those hand held zappers.

Pete

T

TheSneakster

What the fuck good is issuing an HCO SP Declare Order to a non-Scientologist supposed to do, exactly ?

And why the fuck are they giving copies to the Non-Scientologists, but not to us Scientologist(no tm) ex-Sea Org ex-Co$ they have sekratly SP declared, like me ?

:wtf:

Michael A. Hobson
I am *not* anonymous. I *do* forgive.

What the fuck good is issuing an HCO SP Declare Order to a non-Scientologist supposed to do, exactly ?

And why the fuck are they giving copies to the Non-Scientologists, but not to us Scientologist(no tm) ex-Sea Org ex-Co$ they have sekratly SP declared, like me ?

Michael A. Hobson

The SP declare is very *Official* done dramatically in public so now those ever so inquisitive black guys can be told NOT to ask questions or even talk to Sparrow. HE IS DECLARED, and the black guys will go to ETHICS if they talk to him. Previously it was just bothersome, but the black guys made it more than bothersome. It's the scientologists it was not for, not the ex scientologist. What were they afraid of....perhaps that Sparrow would tell them to google L.Ron Hubbard and *racism* since racism had alrady come up in conversations. Just guessing.

Div6

Crusader

Michael A. Hobson

Sparrow was staff there at one point...he is an Ex.

AnonKat

Crusader

Michael A. Hobson

Sparrow is an EX-Scientologist as well as an ANON

Alsoo he still finds part of the Tech usefull like the comm-course and other tid-bits

Alsoo the black guy was mimicing R2-45

220px-M1911A1.JPG

Last edited:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Interesting video. Probably not what constitutes assault in my mind but I would have thought that most Law Enforcement Officers would've have taken the behaviour of the scn'ists as threatening and intimidatory at the very least.

Badge #3915 obviously bought a "bill of goods" from the SO videographer.