What's new

St Pete Times - new articles

All three of my attempted posts there have been deleted. I've been given no reason.

They usually only allow one post per IP Address per day to prevent spambots from flooding their site. So your first post should not have been deleted. If you want to make multiple posts you need to reset your IP Address by reseting your modem

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
The thread reply notification I received had sponsored links which included the following:

- Blast Door and Hatch
- Survival Bunker
- Survival Shelter
- Family Bunker

HH, your post is being used by the survivalists to drum up business!

I'll happily take that over a banner from CoS with Hubbard quote:

"I want Scientologists to survive World War III"

Actually, I take that as a cool thing. Survivalists are probably one of the only cults that even scare Scientologists! :)

Daddio

Patron with Honors
Single post from an IP?

Hmmm...

Maybe that was it. My second comment at SP Times was deleted, but 10 minutes after it showed up. But someone nicked JamesP and a few other's multiple posts using the same nicks were posted. I just thought it was something related to really heavy traffic, and a flawed database...

Alas...

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
All three of my attempted posts there have been deleted. I've been given no reason.

Sponge on OCMB posted this:

Scientologits[mispelling intended] have been flagging the negative comments about scientology on these SP Times articles.

Due to the change of commenting system, also now requiring registration btw, when you use the "Report Abuse" link on a comment it has the effect of removing the comment immediately for review by a human at the SP Times before it either gets put back or binned.
Apparently, the SP Times staff are aware of this malicious flagging. Not sure if they are going to do anything about it right away but I hope this behaviour gets column space in the next chapter, or in a special editorial.
http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?p=368227#368227

ARC

Patron
I heard that reported comments are removed until a moderator can look at them, which is why after Scientology flags all non-Scientology comments, the comments disappear for a while before they're put back again.

This could be compared to a DoS-attack. It is at the very least possibly illegal.

Daddio

Patron with Honors
Fixing the report comments:

Most likely, the report button can be tracked to the nick what done it, and result in banning said user...

Get on the job SP Times IT!

OHTEEATE

Silver Meritorious Patron

I just picked up the actual Monday and Sunday editions of the paper. Janis Grady has TWO full color pictures on the FRONT PAGE. One with LRH and another party pic showing her, her sister Terri and Terris' husband Fernando
Gamboa. The Church spend a bundle keeping an eye on these guys because they knew a lot about the inner workings of Int. Mgmt.

fishdaddy

Patron
The St. Pete Times just restored all of the deleted comments. With their "report abuse" function, if three people click the button, the post is automatically hidden. Scientology was apparently gaming the system to get rid of certain posts (those from ex-members validating the information, for instance). I alerted the Times to the abuse, and they have now restored the deleted comments.

The St. Pete Times just restored all of the deleted comments. With their "report abuse" function, if three people click the button, the post is automatically hidden. Scientology was apparently gaming the system to get rid of certain posts (those from ex-members validating the information, for instance). I alerted the Times to the abuse, and they have now restored the deleted comments.

The cult keeps proving time after time that it is ... a cult. I can't wait until this criminal enterprise loses all it's tax exempt status.