ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Stonelands

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by michaelangelo, Dec 28, 2008.

1. DartSmohen

DartSmohen Silver Meritorious Patron

Was that the doll you called Ivis ?

:roflmao: :roflmao:

Dart

2. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Well, I did heartlessly abandon her when I went to the US. If you rescued her from a future watery grave (my possessions were later moved along with others' to Brook House and got flooded out in the basement there. That was before Brook House burned down later on), I could hardly now deprive you of her company.

Thank you for doing the decent thing. I wish you every happiness together.

Paul

3. Dulloldfart

Now, now, you're the one that took Ivis to the ball and left her there. :)

Paul

4. DartSmohen

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, :angry: :angry: :grouch: :grouch:

Never forgave me.

Dart

5. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Pretty sure it was the centrefold in the Mayfair magazine Paul just posted.
    Less she did one for playboy also?

She told me she knew me in a previous life. Sadly I have no recollection. :(

6. ozzie

ozzie Patron with Honors

Yep Terrill she did Playboy as well. She was extremely proud of it - didn't realize she would get into some trouble for it, but she did - not much though as she was Nevilles woman and he was a "biggie" then.

Ozzie

7. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

As he undoubtedly still is! :D

8. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

9. xseaorguk

xseaorguk Patron Meritorious

Bullards and Brooke House etc (AOSHUK)

10. Dulloldfart

She blew Bullards and the SO in the early 80s. Haven't heard anything about her since. She's not mentioned on Kirsti's site. There are only a few hits on the name in Google, including an e-mail address from 2008 if you're desperate to try and track her down. :)

Paul

P.S. I just looked into that Yahoo group a bit. It is her. She's in Israel. I e-mailed her.... :)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  11. michaelangelo

michaelangelo Gold Meritorious Patron

I saw something on the web about her being in Johannesburg. I got on ok with Laina.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  12. DartSmohen

I liked Sheila. She never got over the death of her fiancee, Reg Tristam, who fell out of a tree while pruning it.

We used to refer to her as Sheila "Very" Massy-Hicks. I stayed in her house in 1981 while on tour in S. Africa.

Did you know she was an international pistol shooter. Represented S.Africa in competitions.

Before she left, I saw her all dressed up as one of the financial police, worked with that twat David Flood.

I hope she has found some contentment in her life now.

As for Laina, I knew her when she was married to Graeme.

One sure way to wind her up was to ask her how the weight loss program was going. She has a daughter, Peaches. I wonder if she has been captured by the cult, or did she escape :confused2:

Dart

13. xseaorguk

Sheila Massive Hicks

I'm sure she had her nice sides, but the description of her in uniform with a gun would pretty much sum up the impression she left on me.
    That a man could fall for her makes wonder too.

Laina Mcnamee was rather short and round I remember, but in 1980 at Bullards she was still solo.

Does anybody remember what happened to Christine Buttery, wife of Peter Buttery.
    Peter was senior CS at the time I was in.
    How about Gail Dowrgy from Qual?, she was a really nice person.

14. Dulloldfart

Petal. I asked Laina about her in my e-mail. We'll see if she responds. She might even post here. I invited her to. :)

Paul

15. Dulloldfart

Christine's current (more or less) whereabouts, complete with photo:
    http://forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=6383

Gail routed out with family (hubby Andy, forget kid(s)' name(s)) very shortly after doing three 8-hour shifts in a row on an isolation watch on a violent female bigger than she was. The person responsible for that assignment was shortly afterwards RPFed and if Gail ever reads this I'm very sorry for doing it ('twas I).

Paul

16. xseaorguk

Christsine Buttery and Gail Dowgry

yes, on the pic Christine is definately on there.
    Do you know if she is still in?

Gail's son was also called Andy, he helped me in Qual in his free time making certificates, Andy was about 13-14.

Do you mean the woman was being held for the 'introspection rundown' for going type 3?
    Gail was only a very tiny, frail person, poor woman!

17. michaelangelo

michaelangelo Gold Meritorious Patron

Sheila Massey Hicks scared the hell out of me, then there was Trumble Jackson another formidable character. Laina I got on fine with and I saw something on the web by a doctor in Johannesburg who was introduced to Scio by laina. Gail I also found to be very nice. I beleive that Christine Butterey is still in but I think that Peter was recently in trouble and may be out, I read it somewhere on the web but cannot remeber where.

18. xseaorguk

Peter Buttery

cosidering at that time, that Peter was senior CS, and doing all the NOTS people too he always looked very tired and stressed out, hardly smiled.
    I think heavy smoker like Christine and too much coffee, which was the usual Sea Org diet anyway.
    Well, then there was the beans and rice but I dont remember finding it that bad, but then food has never been that important for me.

If fhe did knock his head, as Paul said, then maybe he is out.

What about Tony Bazuik, remember him?, either Australian or NZ.

19. Dulloldfart

The latest data I have is what is in that thread.

Yes. She wasn't violent all the time. Although Sylvia Collins told me - in 1996 in LA when she was auditing my Leaving Sec Check in the RPF's RPF - that at one point when I happened to be out there at the house at night and noted a torch (flashlight) waving around from the relevant upstairs window but couldn't see anything else and wasn't concerned about it at all Sylvia was in the room with the "baby" grappling with her trying to stop her diving out of the open window! Sylvia wasn't yelling "HELP!!!" because she was being an obedient techie and not talking in the presence of the disturbed pc. Ahem.

I later learned to be more curious about things I didn't understand. Although after weeks of only a few hours sleep a night, like I had at the time, one's view of what's important and what isn't suffers immensely.

Paul

20. xseaorguk

Sylvia Collins etc

yes, Sylvia was the medical officer when I did the purfif in 1980, Sylvia was only 17 and also responsible for all the 'medication' if anybody did get ill etc.
    Seemed weird to me at the time that a 17 year old was trained enough to be medical officer for a whole Saint Hill size org, but then again she was 'super dooooper OT3', so that probably explains eveything......ahmmm
    Sylvia also chain-smoked while dishing out the vitamins, makes me laugh when I look back.
    Then again she did grow up in a $cn family, so she probably didnt know any different