ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Stonelands

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by michaelangelo, Dec 28, 2008.

1. michaelangelo

michaelangelo Gold Meritorious Patron

John Taylor

Does anyone know if John Taylor is still at Saint Hill?. Is he still in the S O ?.

2. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

I believe he's a NOTs auditor there, married to Jean (used to be Qual Sec). Nice guy.

Paul

3. michaelangelo

Blimey, John Harris still at Saint Hill. Must have been there more than 30 years. Yeah John is nice guy. I don't think I know Jean.
    John had a 2-d with Jane Harris at one time. I remember when John, Jane and John harris were on the RPF at the same time. I saw Jane in Brighton, must be 15 years ago. Her brother had a pub here somewhere.

4. Dulloldfart

John Taylor was probably the Cramming Officer at the time. John Harris married Jane (was Lance). Funnily enough, John Taylor ran off with Jane later on while she was still married to John Harris, and Harris kicked Taylor's head in at Stonelands after they got back. Street justice. I remember the bruises. I didn't feel it was unjustified at the time.

While on the subject and this thread, John Harris had a fling with Laina too before he got married to Jane.

Paul

5. michaelangelo

I remember all that. But I didn't know John Harris had a fling with laina. John worked on the Saint Hill magazine I think in Div 2 with Jenny Bunting. Then Ron Biggs was the editor wasn't he? Last saw John Harris in the pub/hotel in the East Grinstead High street. We had both just got out of the sea org. He seemed a lot happier than he was at Saint Hill. He was working as a photographer.
    I seem to bump into ex S O mebers in various places. I saw Elbert Madsen in Brighton station about three years ago. I got married in Zaragoza,Spain in 1988 and the same day I saw Manuel Rodriguez standing outside a shop waiting for his mum. I recently saw him in a shop in Brighton. Funny old world.

6. Dulloldfart

I heard back from Laina. She didn't answer my question about Petal. She was civil, but noted that since she was and will always be "a Scientologist" she didn't want to be connected to me. I don't think she will be posting here. :)

Paul

7. michaelangelo

Oh well, maybe in a few years she will wake up.

8. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

I sincerely hope her reply did not upset you Paul.

:blowkiss:

9. Dulloldfart

It's pretty hard to upset me.

Paul

10. Kutta

Kutta Silver Meritorious Patron

I heard recently that Peter had been banned from all tech lines. Also that his little doll wife, Christine, was out.

I am amused that some of you thought I was a frail little woman, though pleased you thought I was 'nice'! Looks are deceptive, there's more steel in me than you would believe!

11. Dulloldfart

Here is that photo from Gail (Kutta) of the Christmas dinner in the mid/late-70s (that's the date, not the temperature!) we spent in the courtyard at Stonelands. I see that I am conveniently in the middle in the red hat. On my immediate right (viewer right, my left at the time) is Dave Skull. The redhead/coat behind Skully is Angela Berthoud (later Paris). I recognise John Harris on my (viewer) left, and Peter Gallop standing up in the background. I think that is Colin Guy ("Free Will" on ESMB) right in front with his back to the camera.

Paul

Attached Files:

12. michaelangelo

Nice pic. I see you and Skully quite clearly. I think that's Jane Harris on the left and Angela Berthoud in the reddish/brown coat as you said. I see John Harris also.The girl on the end of the table left hand side with black hair I recognise but cannot remember her name. On the far right of the pic next to Angela Berthoud could be Carl Holling. I would have been spending christmas with my dad. Didn't hang around Stonelands.

13. Sharone Stainforth

Sharone Stainforth Silver Meritorious Patron

You all look freezing.What a novel way to eat Christmas dinner.

I can guarantee LRH didn't eat his Xmas dinner out in the cold.I'm curious, how many people were at St. Hill at this time?

14. Dulloldfart

Lots! There were over a hundred staff. Lots of students and pcs on lines.

Paul

15. nw2394

nw2394 Silver Meritorious Patron

I only had a brief stay at Stonelands in early 84.

Joined late 78 as part of FOLO UK, but we were berthed in the Stables iirc. And soon after we went to St Mary's in Rottingdean. When FOLO moved back to St Hill, I was at Brooke House. Got married Feb 84 and moved to Stonelands - but we left a month after that.

I remember a lot of the names in this thread - though we were a little separate from AOSH UK, SH Fdn and really quite a lot separate from GOWW. For example, I knew Paul here - but frankly I've got to know him better since we've both left from his postings here and elsewhere.

Trying to recall who I did know um.... the Didcoates - er Richard and Kathy; the Stannards - Phil and Lynne; Pauline Chatterton; Ken Warren - he was married to Astrid for a while (forget her other surnames); David Beale and his missus Pam; Rod and Linda Jones; Ron (Hoppy) Hopkins - can't remember his wife's name; Then then was Manfred and Melita Luck - and they had a daughter Celeste Oram; then there was Geraldine somebody - can't remember her surname either - she had a brother who was a sup or D of T in AOSH UK for a long while; oh and June Turner; Robin and Adrienne Scott; um Mike and Carole Grope - and they had a son whose name started with N but I forget exactly what; Bibi Langley - and her hubby - but I've forgotten his first name. At some point that really busty chick from HAPI came on the scene - er - Frances Murphy. We had two Graeme R. Wilsons - one Scottish - the other South African. External comm - mmmm - Alan Cook, er Eric Ballard, then there was a Richard somebody (I think); then there was Maggie Brown; then Springalls - Robert I think - and he was married to some short chick for a while whose name I've forgotten; then there was the Treasury chick - totally forgotten her name. Probably others too that don't surface in the mind just now.

Nick (Warren - no relative of Ken's)

Later addition - the Treasury girl was Cindy.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  16. Dulloldfart

Diana — she was a good-looking lady

(who ran off with Hoppy!)
    Steve

Maddie Bowling?
    I don't remember Cindy. :)

Oh, Isabel Springall.

Paul

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  17. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Paul,
    Do you remember an Auditor at SH named Bill (William) Brown from those years?

18. Dulloldfart

Not unless it was a good-looking girl. :)

But no, sorry.

Paul

19. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Thanks, mate. I think he was a Student-Auditor (November '74), I was just wondering about him. It came to mind thinking of Stonelands.

20. xseaorguk

xseaorguk Patron Meritorious

I also remember most of those names in the previous post.
    One person I wold like to know more about is Maggie Brown, as we were on the EPF together and she was funny and we had a good time together.
    She was from somewhere up north anyway.

Does anbody remember a public student from the SHSBC from 1979/1980, he was from Iceland with his wife/girlfriend, I I think Johannson was his last name.
    (or maybe his name was Johannes)
    He audited me quite a bit.
    A very quiet but lovely person.
    Tall, quite thin and a very pale comlpexion.
    I would like to know where he is now and if he is still in.

Then there was an American girl who got put in the RPF and worked with me in the grounds called Chris (Lake, maybe) she had dark short hair, was very bubbly about 30 or so, around 5'2 tall, and had quite large thighs.
    She was a typical extrovert American type, and we had fun together.

The photo from Sstonelands is from before my time thereI was there for several months from late 1979.
    Then we moved to Bullards, but I ended up in Brooke house, dont ask me why, as I cannot remember.

Oh yes, memories...memories
    It would be nice to get together and chat about it some time, dont you think.