ESMB is now closed to new registrations. Please go to www.exscn2.net and register there.

Study technology, ethics conditions

Discussion in 'Scientology Technology' started by mrtampa2, Mar 15, 2015.

View Users: View Users
  1. mrtampa2

mrtampa2 Patron

While I left the Sea for the constant threats, being cursed at and mistreatment, two particual things I like are thestudy technology and the ethics formulas, but not when someone tells you or enforces you to write up a formula his way or look up a word you already know - but when you work them out on your own. Did LRH come up with the whole study technology alone or any basis to his writing?

2. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Hi Mrtampa2, and welcome :),

According to Alan Walter, who was an early member of Scientology and a Mission Holder, "Ava and Charles Berner developed and brought the Study Tech to LRH."

They, sometime later, received Suppressive Person Declares from Hubbard.

Below is an example of an SP Declare of that period.

[​IMG]

3. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

I was a course sup at Saint Hill and ITO on and off from 1983-1995. I found many useful things in Study Tech, and many things that were bad. For years I thought that "Study Tech" was good, and just ignored the silly bits (including all metered word-clearing, much of W/Cing too). Finally — with Veda's help! — I came to understand that the bits of tech I appreciated were not Study Tech although they came from Study Tech: Study Tech is the whole thing, good parts and bad parts and overall it is very bad.

Paul

4. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

For any who are truly interested in the development of key points of Scn tech . . . go here to Alan Walter's Opening Pandora's Box

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?33-OPENING-PANDORA-S-BOX-Part-One&p=64&viewfull=1#post64

And as to the discovery of the "Study Tech" . . . here is the definitive link to the fact of Hubbard plagiarising, as in stealing, the knowledge and discovery from Chuck Berner.

In post #2 of that thread . . . the beginning of the revelation of where the Study Tech came from:

And post #11 really states and proves the theft by Hubbard:

Read all about it on the above linked thread . . .

/

5. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever

If I understand how meters work, and I think I do, it would make sense that they wouldn't register misunderstood words unless the person feared being found out about them. I was always so eager to understand and willing to explore anything I didn't that the metering never caught on anything, even when I knew I didn't understand something. It's a shame, because the idea of a biomonitor that could detect misunderstanding is so cool. Maybe something will one day be found (fMRI on an area of the brain which registers confusion, as yet unknown?).

I have ALWAYS used dictionaries to help me while studying, but the thing I didn't do prior to exposure to Scientology was examine the root of the word, which I find incredibly enlightening, now, and which usually is where the sense of how the word is used is best uncovered. It might not be necessary for functional literacy, but to use language as art, it certainly helps to know what you're referencing. Most colleges and high schools recognize the value of "lab" classes where you put the new ideas you've learned to the test. Without this, people forget or never really understand the new ideas. Labs are a great way to show you really know how to USE what you have learned. Not all subjects are easily tested in laboratory conditions, but when they are, they are more effective than any "demo kit", or even doing things in clay, though that is a very interesting method. Now, I think doing something as an animation would serve the same function. Paraphrasing my son, if you can program a computer or a robot to do it, then you understand how it is done.

6. Veda

Veda Sponsor

7. Billy Blinder

Billy Blinder Patron with Honors

Here is a paper written by David S. Touretzky:

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/StudyTech/

updated version here:

http://studytech.org/?page_id=14

I just read this article yesterday, it's another link to Hubbard's mind control and shutting down critical thinking abilities and creating a prison of belief.

Here are some snips from the article: