Susan Pomeroy died of Cancer 12/12/2010 Cancer

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by AnonyMary, Feb 2, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

I came across this recent WWP post during a on google search while looking for something else. I don't know the woman but it's sad to see yet another OT die from cancer:

Susan Appel Pomerantz dropped her body on 12/19/2010 after a long battle with cancer.

She is a wonderful, beautiful and theta being that will be missed but she will be back in no time at all!

Susan's memorial service will be held at the FLAG Sandcastle Restaurant on Tuesday, 12/21/2010, at 7:30pm.

Love,

Rita Michaels

The link is not currently working as wwp is down. Check back later
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/threads/obituaries-and-death-notices.68362/

Anyone have any information on this Susan Appel Pomerantz? Is she the one who may have been married to Jeff Pomerantz as one of the IAS Patron listings imply

"Jeff & Susan Pomerantz"
    http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=423286&postcount=4

Not sure if this is the same woman:
    http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/s/susan-joy-apple-lewis.html

Regardless,

RIP Susan. Hope you were not denied real help during your long suffering.

2. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever

She was probably wonderful, but the word theta applied to anybody kind of makes me want to swallow my own vomit.

3. Lurker5

Lurker5 Gold Meritorious Patron

RIP

Did not know her, but RIP, Susan. :sadsigh:

4. Natalie

Natalie Patron with Honors

Was she related to Jeff (booming event voice) Pomerantz?

5. AnonyMary

That's what I was asking. I only know of one Jeff Pomerantz. Hopefully someone can answer that.

6. xseaorguk

xseaorguk Patron Meritorious

theta

yeah, 'she was so theta'.....
    and now maybe even more so where she is dead:confused2:

oh no, that's a Thetan without a body isn't it:whistling:
    but she will be back very soon:eyeroll:
    probably waiting around some pregnant 'theta' $cientologists so she can slip into a new body

I remember learning/ believing that it was important to go OT, so you had the choice of coming back and 'playing the game', or maybe not if you chose so.
    So why would you want to come back here if you had the 'choice' anyway?
    I'd be off and out for sure:omg:

7. Karen#1

Karen#1 Gold Meritorious Patron

Sue Pommeroy

The spelling of her name is incorrect.

This was Sue Pomeroy not Pommerantz

Sue was original Apollo Crew
    http://www.tr-l.org/mott0109.htm

and was the recruiter of Jeff Hawkins into the Sea Org.
    See this Chapter of Counterfeit Dreams

http://counterfeitdreams.blogspot.com/2008/05/chapter-four-moving-up.html

Sue was a gentle soul, never an ABUSER, did not scream, attack, use venom, overwhelm or THUGGERY as became so natural to Sea Org Members who deteriorated over time.

Fly with the Angels Sue

8. afaceinthecrowd

afaceinthecrowd Gold Meritorious Patron

Thanks for this, Karen. I missed this OP when it first came out.:confused2:

Sue was all that you describe.:yes:

Happy Trails to You, Sue.:bigcry:

Face:)

9. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever

Perhaps a good subject for another thread. :) I don't mean to sound completely cavalier about people's deaths. There were a lot of very good people involved with scientology, and each of us probably knows some that will be missed, or even sadder, some who are being erased.

10. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

If the deceased's name was truly misspelled in the OP, perhaps AnonyMary could change the name of this thread to reflect her real name?

11. AnonyMary

Thanks for clarifying that, Karen. I got the last name from the supposed email announcement what was partly posted at WWP, which I reposted.

Glad to see your nice tribute to her here.

See above.It's not letting me correct it. I will ask Emma if she can do it.

12. Leon

Leon Gold Meritorious Patron

I knew Sue Pomeroy. A really lovely girl. I'm sorry to her she died in this way.

13. Petey C

Petey C Silver Meritorious Patron

I'm so sad to hear about this. I knew Sue Pomeroy and went on a mission or two with her. As Karen says, she was a wonderful, gentle person with a great sense of humour. She told me once when she was at Pac doing OT III that after she completed the self-auditing, she looked up to see the light bulb swinging and felt awed by the power of OT III -- until she realised she was in the middle of a earth tremor! She was probably only in her late 60s when she died, and the world has lost a good woman. It was only a few days ago that I was wondering where she was. Now I know. She deserved better.

Petey

14. AnonyMary

Thanks for editing it, Emma Thanks, again, Karen :rose:

:rose:

:rose: Great story, Petey.

15. Glenn Horner

Glenn Horner New Member

A friend named Ted Froyland was married to Susan for a while back at Flag in the early 80s. He is so sorry to hear she passed away so young. Interesting that she had hit the list of SPs in the cult's 1991 publication. She had been so true and on purpose I think the only reason she was declared was because she was a problem for the Diminutive Midget. See ya around in the next life dear Susan.