What's new

Suzette Hubbard White busted for copyright infringement

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Challenging illogical statements plays a very important role in the recovery of Scientologists.

The continued call to stop that is very misguided, in my opinion.

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
Folks,

The OT8s who are cleanly out are generally having a hell of a time getting it all into some kind of rational perspective, the 8s who are still in are undoubtedly having an even more "interesting" time of it.

I suggest that a slightly less challenging form of questioning/inquisition might produce more helpful information. We might even learn something useful.

I know that this approach is sometimes seen as unacceptable by some but the current line of attack doesn't seem to be doing anyone any good.

Just sayin'.

PT you're right. When we started PM'ing, OT8 was willing to communicate, and it took some charge off for me. and S/he had some fascinating perspectives that made sense to me, in fact helped me quite a bit. I encouraged him/her to post a story/thoughts etc.because I think other people would benefit from those insights.

I think so many here have been hurt by Scientology and the first reaction is sometimes antagonism -- "fighting back". But everyone has their story and sometimes you can learn things by listening to them and (dare I say) "granting beingness".

(Not to say that you shouldn't ask questions when you have them.)

Thanks,
-TL

Last edited:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Challenging illogical statements plays a very important role in the recovery of Scientologists.

The continued call to stop that is very misguided, in my opinion.
Alanzo, I said "slightly less challenging", that's hardly a "continued call to stop (it)".

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Silver Meritorious Patron
PT you're right. When we started PM'ing, OT8 was willing to communicate, and it took some charge off for me. and S/he had some fascinating perspectives that made sense to me, in fact helped me quite a bit. I encouraged him/her to post a story/thoughts etc.because I think other people would benefit from those insights.

I think so many here have been hurt by Scientology and the first reaction is sometimes antagonism -- "fighting back". But everyone has their story and sometimes you can learn things by listening to them and (dare I say) "granting beingness".

(Not to say that you shouldn't ask questions when you have them.)

Thanks,
-TL

When someone's first post is a bad-news attack on somebody (Suzette), are you surprised that it produces antagonism?

Lynn

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
Good point Lynn -- that did set the tone on this thread. And I see that happening all over the board. When people are respectful, they get respect. . . if not, people do tend to respond in kind. (sometimes that antagonistic stuff is the epitome of entertainment, and sometimes it makes me cringe). Very often (not always) the poster gets back what they put out.

That being said, I think sometimes people aren't pleasant when they are unsure or looking for answers, and maybe the best way to find out what motivates them (especially if they are new) is to communicate openly, instead of the knee-jerk "fight back" reaction.

Not lecturing here though -- I did it too on this threadl My first questions to OT8 were not phrased nicely. . . but once we got in comm, s/he had some great insights that I might have missed.

-TL

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Silver Meritorious Patron
Good point Lynn -- that did set the tone on this thread. And I see that happening all over the board. When people are respectful, they get respect. . . if not, people do tend to respond in kind. (sometimes that antagonistic stuff is the epitome of entertainment, and sometimes it makes me cringe). Very often (not always) the poster gets back what they put out.

That being said, I think sometimes people aren't pleasant when they are unsure or looking for answers, and maybe the best way to find out what motivates them (especially if they are new) is to communicate openly, instead of the knee-jerk "fight back" reaction.

Not lecturing here though -- I did it too on this threadl My first questions to OT8 were not phrased nicely. . . but once we got in comm, s/he had some great insights that I might have missed.

-TL

Looking forward to the story then.

Lynn

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yea me too. . . .I asked OT8 to write his/her story for us and was told it's not the right place and time now. It's not very often that you get to have a frank discussion with someone who's choosing to stay, and I find it fascinating.

I wonder how you pass sec checks etc. after you've read all the "entheta" on the net and posted negative things about Miscavige.

Lynn, I read some of your earlier posts. You are an incredibly courageous woman to leave after so long and then stay in the area despite the nastiness. . . and to stand up to them. Way to go! :thumbsup: Yours is a story I'd really like to read too! :)

-TL

You have not communicated -

You have not communicated - even slightly - therefore you must not have intended to communicate.

How is that a success for you?

Sincere regards,

OT8-still-in

Moonchild

Patron with Honors
It is no secret LRH was a liar, philanderer and swindler during the 30s and 40s.

Thereafter he was mainly guilty of twisting facts when relaying stories of his personal life. His distortion of his own war record is particularly odious, as is ripping off Jack Parsons, marrying Sara while still married to Polly, and then using shameful tactics against Sara during the divorce proceedings (including what would be called today, "parental kidnapping").

Character defects notwithstanding, you can still apply and use his technical data and get results.

Perhaps to formulate the Tone Scale so well, he had to spend time in ALL of its regions. Science of Survival is originally dedicated to Alexis Valerie Hubbard, the same daughter he later renounced.

Where is SHE today?

Einstein was a fornicating fool - he even lost track of a daughter - but nuclear bombs STILL explode. His character defects and moral lapses did not affect his theories. I wonder; had Einstein's personal life been exposed WHILE he was publishing his theories, would he have been laughed off, ignored?

Anyway, my purpose has been served. Most replies have NOT been responsive to the points I have raised.

I'll be retiring for a bit.

Sincere regards,

Me

The sentence I bolded here intrigues me somewhat; to have achieved this with thoroughness purely by postulate would be quite something.

Do you have an opinion about this; did LRH research the various degrees of the tone-scale purely by postulating himself at these various levels or was his research assisted by chemical means?

Sorry if this sounds overly "1.1"; just asking y'know?

Moonchild

Patron with Honors
Further comment.

It is no secret LRH was a liar, philanderer and swindler during the 30s and 40s.

Thereafter he was mainly guilty of twisting facts when relaying stories of his personal life. His distortion of his own war record is particularly odious, as is ripping off Jack Parsons, marrying Sara while still married to Polly, and then using shameful tactics against Sara during the divorce proceedings (including what would be called today, "parental kidnapping").

Character defects notwithstanding, you can still apply and use his technical data and get results.

Perhaps to formulate the Tone Scale so well, he had to spend time in ALL of its regions. Science of Survival is originally dedicated to Alexis Valerie Hubbard, the same daughter he later renounced.

Where is SHE today?

Einstein was a fornicating fool - he even lost track of a daughter - but nuclear bombs STILL explode. His character defects and moral lapses did not affect his theories. I wonder; had Einstein's personal life been exposed WHILE he was publishing his theories, would he have been laughed off, ignored?

Anyway, my purpose has been served. Most replies have NOT been responsive to the points I have raised.

I'll be retiring for a bit.

Sincere regards,

Me

The point you offer that people with glaring defects of character (in the common perception of the world) have nonetheless made important contributions to the "human condition" I do not dispute as a generality.

But specifically in the case of Hubbard: his self-avowed mission (per the Affirmations and more) was that of the enslavement and domination of any mug enough to accept his diktats; in addition it would seem indisputable that he worked hard...tirelessly in fact to prosecute his ambitions.

Is it fair to compare LRH with Einstein or Edison or Prokofiev or...or...or...?

All this has been said before; I'm just reiterating here since it seems appropriate so to do.

OK, I'm not OT8; maybe you know something I don't (I would hope so actually...:whistling:) but you see where I'm coming from?

Best regs, MC.