ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Sydney, 22 Jan 11, join the OSA BULLBAIT

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand Pickets and Protests' started by Kookaburra, Jan 20, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Kookaburra

Kookaburra Gold Meritorious Patron

Protest this weekend.

Saturday, 22 Jan 2011. Meet-up is at noon in Belmore Park across the street from Central Station. We will make a short trip to Hercules St, then off the the AOSH.

All welcome.

2. supafreak

supafreak Patron Meritorious

There's going to be bullbaiting of OSA OSA OSA? Tell me more plz.

3. Kookaburra

There's always bullbaiting of OSA OSA OSA. Our "handlers" now are one security guard, Edward Dickey, and two OSA, Mike Gordon and Tojo. No shortage of material. Hopefully one day some of what we say will impinge.

4. Dilettante

Dilettante Patron Meritorious

drills

I have a suggestion. :confused2: If at all possible keep the communication real as in what they deal with personally, no dental, no health, low pay, long hours, silencing themselves! There was a very good point someone made about why they first got in and how that changed over time, find out thier reason for wanting to help and ask if they are achieving that original goal. :blush: Are you really helping people or helping an organization? If at all possible drill this with each other through the no-answer so they get your intention. Some great dissenters have come from OSA because thier conscience won. :yes: You guys are AWESOME and brave. :happydance: Good luck to you and remember how you felt about "critics" when you were in, shatter that myth!
    Dil

5. supafreak

supafreak Patron Meritorious

Does that mean Chinese-language signs (as discussed on WWP) aren't needed?

6. Kookaburra

They will be needed for the next event. That will be March for the Ron's birthday event. It is the event raids that really have impact on the CoS because we get to address all their staff and public. At the regular raids all we see is a handful plus the security guards. Asyd will be evolving to deal with that.

7. Gottabrain

Gottabrain Guest

Diletante, sounds like you haven't been watching the vids lately of the Aus protests. We certainly keep it real.

Kooka, I'll be there. What happened to us having the Sat protests less often -like every 6 weeks? I thought we discussed and agreed on this. :confused2:

I'll be there, and the March 13th one. Please don't schedule a protest in between.The special event ones are far more effective anyway and need our attention the most.

8. Kookaburra

I'll see you Sat then. :happydance:

I think the date for Jan had pretty much already been decided before our discussion in the pub after the last raid. I don't decide on the dates, you'll have to talk to Anonymous about that! But I heartily agree with you that the event raids are the productive ones.

I suspect there may be a raid in Feb as that is Anon's anniversary. I can't see it not happening. But maybe they'll just make it a big party. :confused2: We'll talk about it on Sat.

9. Gottabrain

Gottabrain Guest

Yeh, we'll chat about it tomorrow. :gathering:

I sure wouldn't want to miss Anon's anniversary! Must protest! :handinhand:

I forgot about that. Ta! :thumbsup:

10. Kookaburra

OK, so post game report.

Pretty quiet raid. The orgs are almost deserted. We got to Hercules St at lunchtime. Saw half a dozen people go in or out. They gave us some dirty looks. At Greek St there were 5 cops waiting for us, including the inspector. There were seven demonstrators. They must think we are a pretty wild bunch, lol. Actually, two of the cops were sent away part way through.

There were about 5 SO members who came or went during the hour and a half we were there. And a half dozen public. Tojo came out and filmed us for the first 10 minutes, then went inside.

NOTICABLY ABSENT: 1) Loud music to drown us out.
    2) Edward Dickey - security guard
    3) Mike Gordon - OSA - the one who lost it at the last raid.

Oh, and we now have one more police station willing to protect and direct blowing SO members to a safe house. :D

11. AngeloV

AngeloV Gold Meritorious Patron

Deserted orgs are good orgs.

Thanks for protesting! Looking forward to some pics if you have them.

12. Dukat

Dukat Patron with Honors

What a successful raid! I especially like this last comment.
    You're the best and are really helping people.:happydance:

13. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

Sydanons doing it right:thumbsup:

Dying cult is dying:happydance:

Wonder if Michael Gordon is having an ""overseas holiday?":whistling:

14. Kookaburra

It could be. Perhaps someone should give him a call and find out what they say.