ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

SYDNEY DAY ORG - Actual leaked stats/dox [PICS]

Discussion in 'Leaks - Emails, Promo, Insider Info' started by Zhent, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

Nobody tell McSavage! He might get vewwy vewwy angwy!!

no wait, maybe its all going according to plan

[​IMG]

Excellent!

2. Jachs

Jachs Gold Meritorious Patron

Insolvent Asses too.

3. jenni with an eye

jenni with an eye Silver Meritorious Patron

Looks like the:shithitfan:

And they are :drowning: in debt

Now there'll be a lot of :runaround::runaround:

or maybe a few will :runaway:

before :spacecraft:

Either way it looks like whatever they are doing to get the stats up is :notworking:

4. Kookaburra

Kookaburra Gold Meritorious Patron

My comments in blue

SYDD CASH SOLID / BILLS DASHED
    [​IMG]
    Oh wow I hope this one means what I think it means...

I think you thought right. Their cash/bills is delicious. It should be Anonymous' stat. :D

5. secretiveoldfag

secretiveoldfag Silver Meritorious Patron

Money laundering, anyone? Or some way of exploiting CoS tax exempt status in Australia?

I have no experience of CoS stats but find very remarkable the contrast between the day to day trading (abysmal) and the books (SYDD HCOCASH) and donations (SYDD FUNDGI).

Even if they are selling hand-over-fist to Taiwan, why does the money go through Sydney?

6. anonkatie

anonkatie Patron with Honors

Kookaburra, thanks, I knew in looking at the HCOCASH that had to be an on account number; not possible to be getting that per week, given all the other figures, IMHO.

Now it is possible that other orgs elsewhere are doing slightly better because for sure Austalia is where they are being handed their head, this info is still consistent with the information that we are generally getting elsewhere. In NY, while we have not been leaked the paper work, and of course, there would be some variation, we have been leaked the information and the same pattern would hold true.

7. Mike Laws

Mike Laws Patron Meritorious

Scooter, have forwarded the link.

Fascintating state of affairs from the stats.

8. Mick Wenlock

Mick Wenlock Admin Emeritus (retired)

At HAPI when I first started as the Dist Sec (showing my age here...) 6 prps (public reg paid starts) would have been a pretty OK week for the Foundation Org.

My first night (a friday evening - and in passing, may I say what a bloody miserable thing it is to be working on a Friday Evening in Scotland in October) in walked 8 new starts (they were from the group in Sunderland run by Mick and Val Alpin) so when I called the stats in to Steve Ferry he almost had a cow on the spot. I could swear he was this close to a major orgasm.

9. thetanic

thetanic Gold Meritorious Patron

I wonder if HCOCASH is including things like pre-payments for the emeter that's never been released? I remember that pre-paying for course packs was common, but these weren't delivered until the person started the course, typically.

10. anonkatie

anonkatie Patron with Honors

FLP-Film Lease Payment.
    % of income generated based on films shown to the public. Can also include Div 6 training.
    Gauges interest in films.

Deputy Flag Banking Officer for Marketing of Org Resources for Exchange in charge of this.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  11. Gottabrain

Gottabrain Guest

Thank you

Thanks for posting these, Zhent! :thumbsup:

They're probably having a big, loud investigation now searching for the SP who gave these to you... :confused2:

12. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Seeing as how she was once, and still is by many, considered the most successful ED (Executive Director) of Sydney Org, I asked Carmel to have a look at the stats and give me her impressions. I remember that Sydney once managed to get it’s Cash/Bills crossed into solvency (ie. it had more Cash On Hand than it owed in Bills) and think her info on the source of current GI (Gross Income) and how that GI was made and where it now goes is very interesting. I asked her if I could post it here. :)
    (Carmel’s thoughts in blue.)

Interesting stuff. Here's my take on it and comparisons to 20 years ago, given the stats here:

- The largest percentage of the GI used to be from service sales, which meant that the Org had most of its income to operate with and keep afloat. Per these stats, that's not the case now...........Most of GI is coming from building fund dono's and bookstore item sales, which the org isn't free to use.

- "Payments to Flag": The percentage of the GI that's now PTF has risen markedly since 20 years ago. It indicates that 'up lines' is getting more of the pie, even though the pie is smaller and there's all but nothing left to operate with.

- "Cash/ Bills" - Around 25 years ago, the cash/bills were much the same as they are now. But around 18 years ago, there was significantly more cash than bills, with no outstanding refund/repayment requests (Note: Requested refunds and repayments don't go on the "bills" stat).

- GI divided by the number of staff usually ranged between $1000 to $2500. It's down by 90% since 20 years ago, but it's also GI they can't spend to keep afloat.

- Advanced payments (unused services previously paid for) are sitting at just under 1.5mill. I think they were sitting at around $200K 20 years ago. (Maybe a lot bought services during the GAT period). Most "on lines" public in the last few years have been reg'd to use their unused services for GBS sales (new releases of books, tapes, etc), so chances are the bulk of those unused paid services were paid for by people who are now "off lines"..........I wonder how many are thinking of requesting repayments of late? (Wouldn't wanna be an ED in that position)

- Dateline...........The oldest bill was 1429 days old. They'd obviously be paying utility bills, but their credit for anything around town would be completely shot. No doubt that creditors who would have followed the usual protocol with bad debts would have been 'deterred' from doing so........OSA would have their hands full on that one alone.

- Value of Service Delivered shows that they've been delivering way more than they are selling, but still, that's low. One pc getting two intensives a week and a student or two could give those stats. The VSD was 10 times that 20 years ago when the prices of intensives and courses was much lower.

- First Starts usually ranged between 30 to 50 a week 20 years ago. Now they seem to be one or none. (Yay !!!)

So, in a nutshell: They're not getting new public in; they're not selling major services (but have one or two taking them); they're getting dono's for whatever funds or special projects; they're selling a shitload of GBS items given the lack of people on service lines; and they're being milked more than they were by upper management.

We kinda gleaned that this was the scene, but the stats show it..............Crikey, what a scene!

Cheers,
    Carmel

Thank you for that, Carmel. :thumbsup:

13. LongTimeGone

LongTimeGone Silver Meritorious Patron

They really don't need their tax exempt status.

Their income simply wouldn't interest the ATO.

LTG

14. Gottabrain

Gottabrain Guest

Panda, thanks SO much for posting Carmel's evaluation.

Carmel - thanks very much for taking the time to evaluate these and comment.

What good news for us! :happydance:

Int is really ripping off Sydney Org. Appears staff & reges now use the percents from books sales from those with monies on account as well as the percents they get from the building and other projects just to pay themselves and survive.

Back around '83 AOLA had stats with similar trends. There were far less new people coming in from the orgs & missions so the monies on accounts were being used to make up for this. After a while, this can't easily be done - the bottom of the barrel of those with money on acct are those who are the most upset with the org and service. Contacting those only results in more refund requests.

AOLA's problem was temporarily solved when missions and orgs were forced to send those they had on current services uplines for services. Once that rush was over, the graphs of those starting OT levels flattened.

So Syd Org's stats would also reflect AOSH stats crashing. No clears being made to feed them, no new auditors, either.

These graphs need to be sent to the Charities Commission to help them find any discrepancies between stats reported and actual monies in the accounts.

15. thetanic

Thanks to Carmel for that, but I thought the stat was actually PAYBY (pay divided by staff) not GI divided by staff.

16. Panda Termint

Nope. "GI Divided By Staff" is the standard management stat. It has little to do with staff pay (see below).

17. Gottabrain

Gottabrain Guest

Both stats are used - different org positions use them.

PAYBY is just one way used to measure staff welfare. GI Divided By measures the overall effectiveness of the org. They can be very different when a large portion of money is sent to Int or a very small portion is allocated to staff pay. Those are under the FBO (Flag Banking Officer)'s control. Other variables are the percent of different income sources to staff pay. For example, book account money pays commissions to the staff member selling books and materials and is counted as income, but it is not considered org income.

18. thetanic

Duh.

What I meant was, since you didn't get what I meant: THE GRAPH ON PAGE ONE WAS NOT GI BY BUT RATHER PAY BY. Several people have mis-duplicated this.

19. Panda Termint

Ah, a misunderstanding of something said! How unusual. :D

20. Kookaburra

Kookaburra Gold Meritorious Patron

^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

The PAYBY graph is definitely not GI BY. GI BY is a qual stat reflecting effectiveness and productivity of staff. If you look at the GI graph you will get an idea of the GI BY. Average weeks GI is about $8000. You don't have to divide that by very many staff to realize that the GI BY stat has probably been deep sixed out of sheer embarrassment! Here are the GI graphs and the PAY BY graphs to compare. The PAY BY does not seem to correlate to the GI which I don't understand. It would certainly not be the amount that each staff is getting paid. Pay must come out of the CGI, which is running less than $100 per week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]