ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

SYDNEY PROTEST THIS SATURDAY 21 NOV 09

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand Pickets and Protests' started by Kookaburra, Nov 19, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. Kookaburra

Kookaburra Gold Meritorious Patron

SYDNEY PROTEST THIS SATURDAY 21 NOV 09

Let's take advantage of the momentum and make a united stand to get some of your friends and family OUT of the oppressive cult.

There has been much discussion on asyd about getting more exes to the demonstrations, and I'd really like to see them get some support. They already have flyers designed about the Xenophon speech. It will be a good one with everyone fired up about the senate enquiry.

Here's an excerpt from a post on asyd yesterday.

C'mon guys, I know it's scary, but there will be lots of support on Saturday, and you will have a big impact both on Anon and on those still in Co$.

Meet at Belmore Park, right across the street from Central station between 11am and 12 noon.

More info on the asyd site.

http://www.asyd.org/

If you are in Melbourne, there is a demonstration the same day. Your local anons would love to see you there.

2. Once bitten

Once bitten Patron Meritorious

Go Aussie Anons, GO!!

3. anon2487

anon2487 Patron with Honors

4. Zhent

Zhent Leakus Maximus

Asyd is always down these days! FFFFFFFFFFFFFF :banghead:

Also the protest should be awesome. I can't wait to see the look on Cyrus's face this month!

5. Kookaburra

Here's a copy/pasta of their front page.

Protest + Nick Xenophon Awesomesauce

As you should know the new raid is coming on on THIS Saturday the 21st of November, for the first time in a while Sydney and Melbourne have come together to have a simultaneous raid in both cities, for epic win, extra lulz, and more caek.

The route for Sydney is as follows:

1100 - Assemble at Belmore Park, near Eddy Avenue/Central Station.
    1200 - Move to Central exit on opposite side of road, flyer.
    1230 – Proceed to Hercules Street.
    1400 – Leave Hercules Street to Greek Street.
    1500 – Arrive Greek Street.
    1630 – Disperse.

AND NOW FOR A NEWS UPDATE

Ladies and Gentlemen, haven’t the last 24 hours been packed with epic win? South Australian Senator Nick Xenophon spoke to Parliament about a large amount of correspondence he has had with a number of ex-Scientologists in Australia and as a result he declared he feels Scientology is a criminal organisation and is in need of a Senate inquiry. The video of this can be found over here for parts one and two. Don’t like watching videos? Here’s the entire Hansard transcript of his speech. And now the Prime Minister, Kevin Rudd, has expressed ‘concern’ over the allegations Senator Xenophon has lodged and wishes to see what Xenophon has to say before committing to any form of inquiry.

This epic piece of win could serve to see the downfall of the Church in Australia, which would drastically contract LRH’s view that ANZO would be the first completely ‘clear’ region in the world. Not only that, but the only reason that Scientology is considered tax-exempt in the UK is because they’re registered as tax-exempt in Australia. A little convoluted, I know, but if they lose religious status here, then in England they’re very much on shaky ground.

Over to world news now, and Mark Headly’s book Blown For Good was released recently and it details his experiences as he left the Church, he also appeared on Coast to Coast AM radio in the USA for an amazing three hours. The interview can be found here: 1, 2, 3.

More fallout from Tommy Davis’ ragequit during an interview with (American) ABC’s Martin Bashir has arisen as America’s the ‘Today Show’ featured a brief segment on the issue, top stuff. The video is available over on Mark Bunker’s blog here.

Back to Senator Xenophon for a moment, good old Cyrus Brooks has been back to his best (or worst rather) when it comes to dealing with the media in the fallout of the macabre allegations Xenophon has laid against the Church. He basically stated that he was being pressured by ex members of the Church and that all the allegations are clearly false, but they still take them seriously (what what?).

Plus he says that ex-Scientologists are as non-credible as ex-spouses, talking about their former partners. Interestingly, when high-profile Scientologists were speaking to the media in the last few weeks in the US, the first the the Church did to try and discredit them? “Look, the ex-wives of these men are still Scientologists, and listen to all the awful things they have to say! How can you trust these horrible ex Scientologists when the people who knew them best say that they’re bad people?”
    Scientology, you can’t have it both ways. Either former spouses are credible, or they’re not.

Cyrus also states the Church would cooperate with officials in an investigation, although he refuses to explicitly state ‘we would welcome an investigation’. To wrap up, WhyWeProtest has a situation room about the whole thing over on their forums where you can look at all the delicious goodness of links gathered to worldwide media reports on the subject. A little closer to home, we have our own situation thread.

We strongly encourage everyone to call, email or write a letter to every federal Senator and MP to support an in-depth investigation into the crimes of the Scientology organisation. You can find Nick Xenophon’s contact details here to send him a thank-you for bringing up the issue in Parliament, and from there you’ll find info on all the other representatives. And if you’re too lazy to do that, then at the very least join the FaceBook group and spread the message far and wide.

See you on Saturday.
    Posted at November 18, 2009 at 8:24 pm | Filed Under: Planning

6. Royal Prince Xenu

Royal Prince Xenu Trust the Psi Corps.

It's a bit short notice, I'll have to attend in "exteriorized" form. But remember if you all stick to the tactic of standing silently, OSA cannot deal with this.

7. Kookaburra

:hmm:

I have a feeling Anonymous couldn't deal with it either. They are young, rowdy, and restless and they like real loud music. :lol:

8. Kookaburra

Raid today was fun and uptone. Police were easygoing and co-operative. There was media about today. One of the reports is already up. And the horn love was phenomenal. Almost every car was honking their support.

Scientology Sydney Headquarters Drowned-out by Protesters

We also found a hidden microphone at the AOSH. It was inside a pipe stickiing out of a wall about 20 paces from the front entrance. So then one of the press photographers went over and took a close-up picture of it. Then the police went and examined it. Very funny.

9. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

Looks good, Kooka - I got to the Mel raid by late afternoon and had lots fun, especially when we hit the org.

Windows quickly closed when I called out to the "Mel Fdn staff and public, this is Paul Schofield....":omg:

Best laughs was when DSAs photoed me through the front window after pulling the barriers away so they could see - got a big smile from me and Kenji for their files. :hysterical:

"Disseminated" the real deal on scientology to a few on the streets and got some petition signing done by them too.:yes:

Hope wwp comes back up soon and we have some pretty pics to show you.:thumbsup:

Soooo much lulz - will try to make future ones when I can.:D

10. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

From WWP - there are photos of the microphone.
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/279-asia-pacific/postgame-sydney-21-11-ring-ring-xenophone-56993/

11. Kookaburra

That's great, Scooter! I find the raids so cathartic. It's funny to watch the staff hiding and peeking out, doors locked despite the police there, such paranoia! And all because a bunch of kids with signs are dancing around and rick rolling them. What a hoot!

Oh, I forgot to mention. Someone was looking at us out the window of the AO today. I pointed to the Scientology, it's time for Justice sign and they gave me the thumbs up. Not the first time that's happened. I get the feeling that some of the people inside actually want all this shit to get handled, and it's certainly not going to come from inside.

12. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

I love that Kooka! They know....but they know they need help from outside for sure.

13. Kookaburra

Zenu just posted this on asyd.

Just what they needed Anonymous, the press, and the police to co-discover this week! :lol:

14. anon2487

anon2487 Patron with Honors

Wicked! :happydance:

15. Opter

Opter Silver Meritorious Patron

Well done.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Opter

16. Royal Prince Xenu

Royal Prince Xenu Trust the Psi Corps.

I must keep restating this. People have to get it right or we'll be made to look like idiots too.

The Senator's name is XENOPHON.

If we want this man's assistance, please develop the respect of learning and using his correct name.
    _______

It will be interesting to find out if that microphone was for monitoring staff, or a security measure. It looks too "temporary", like it was hastily installed with foreknowledge of this raid.

I'm pleased everyone had a good time. Does anyone know if there was any turn-out at the other City orgs?

17. RSG

RSG Patron

But.. we know his name is Xenophon. We're not stupid. :(

We're just making jokes and having fun with word play - the whole point is that 'phon' is almost 'phone', so we're saying Ring ring the Xenophone, to the tune of the "Bananaphone" song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5C6X9vOEkU

18. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Now you know why the listening device is located exactly where certain staff and Public hang out for a smoke and chat during breaks.

19. Once bitten

Once bitten Patron Meritorious

Great pix and awesome protest SydAnons. Wish we were there too!

Laughed and laughed about the mic, and thanks for the legals on it as well.

Awesome to get a thumbs up from inside, Kookaburra. THey know the score, and just want it to be over I'm sure.
    :thumbsup:

20. Kookaburra