What's new

Telepathy = Remote Feeling Not Remote Thought

RogerB

Crusader
Back after US EST dinner :)

Yeh Paul.

Having a clock will help. ON the original test, I was moving between two tabs on my Firefox: one with the time and the other the marking grid.

I also found it would be helpful to have the columns (as is what the mood is) marked again say half way down the page. Otherwise I had to scroll to the top to be sure I was getting the correct column, then I ran behind the sequence (which was a little too fast for the system I had rigged)

Good first run effort though . . . hell we might even refine this to perfection:whistling:

R

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I put the labels halfway down the page too. I tried it with the clock but I can only have it in one place, for some reason. Either at the top or in the middle, but not both. For now, I've left it at the top.

01. hh:01:05-hh:01:15: hate/anger/rage/hostility

02. hh:02:05-hh:02:15: exhiliration/serenity/expansiveness

03. hh:03:05-hh:03:15: deathfulness/apathy/useless

04. hh:04:05-hh:04:15: grief

05. hh:05:05-hh:05:15: deathfulness/apathy/useless

06. hh:06:05-hh:06:15: deathfulness/apathy/useless

07. hh:07:05-hh:07:15: exhiliration/serenity/expansiveness

08. hh:08:05-hh:08:15: exhiliration/serenity/expansiveness

09. hh:09:05-hh:09:15: grief

10. hh:10:05-hh:10:15: grief

11. hh:11:05-hh:11:15: hate/anger/rage/hostility

12. hh:12:05-hh:12:15: interest

13. hh:13:05-hh:13:15: hate/anger/rage/hostility

14. hh:14:05-hh:14:15: interest

15. hh:15:05-hh:15:15: grief

16. hh:16:05-hh:16:15: exhiliration/serenity/expansiveness

17. hh:17:05-hh:17:15: exhiliration/serenity/expansiveness

18. hh:18:05-hh:18:15: interest

19. hh:19:05-hh:19:15: interest

20. hh:20:05-hh:20:15: interest

comments: PAUL sending

----------------------------------

01. hh:01:05-hh:01:15: deathfulness/apathy/useless - no

02. hh:02:05-hh:02:15: interest - no

03. hh:03:05-hh:03:15: exhiliration/serenity/expansiveness - no

04. hh:04:05-hh:04:15: deathfulness/apathy/useless - no

05. hh:05:05-hh:05:15: exhiliration/serenity/expansiveness - no

06. hh:06:05-hh:06:15: grief - no

07. hh:07:05-hh:07:15: deathfulness/apathy/useless - no

08. hh:08:05-hh:08:15: deathfulness/apathy/useless - no

09. hh:09:05-hh:09:15: grief - yes

10. hh:10:05-hh:10:15: deathfulness/apathy/useless - no

11. hh:11:05-hh:11:15: interest - no

12. hh:12:05-hh:12:15: interest - yes

13. hh:13:05-hh:13:15: interest - no

14. hh:14:05-hh:14:15: hate/anger/rage/hostility - no

15. hh:15:05-hh:15:15: exhiliration/serenity/expansiveness - no

16. hh:16:05-hh:16:15: hate/anger/rage/hostility - no

17. hh:17:05-hh:17:15: grief - no

18. hh:18:05-hh:18:15: exhiliration/serenity/expansiveness - no

19. hh:19:05-hh:19:15: interest - yes

20. hh:20:05-hh:20:15: grief - no

comments: Comments? I felt a sort of pain in my jaw during #4.Good Twin

-------------------

Paul

Jacob

Patron
The occasional telepathic flash I get from others always involves emotional impacts, not calm rational thoughts. But experiments to measure "telepathy" usually seem to involve things like Zener cards, those cards with five symbols on them like a circle, cross etc.

Has anyone ever done a controlled experiment involving feelings? For example, sender and receiver in different rooms. One "test" done for a few seconds starting every minute. Twenty tests in all in a series. The test consists of the sender feeling or not feeling something strongly, and the receiver has to either mark yes or no. The strong feeling might be produced by sticking a pin in the person's arm; or showing them a picture of something unpleasant; or whatever the experimenter can think of as long as it produces a genuine strong feeling and not the rational concept of a strong feeling but not one actually experienced. Twenty in a series might be too long, with the sender's dread of the next item overshadowing the results.

Might be interesting. :)

Paul

Very many research has happened according to this subject. See W. Braud as source of much.

Analytical overlay and subject disinterest is related to emotion lacking as element of experiment. Much not science evidence is from psi experience of strong emotion content. Difficult to have in controlled experiment. Electric shock is very effective and not to be used past a few experiments for because of ethic of it.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
OK, another day, another dollar.

Anyone want to take part today? Or is everyone chicken?

Someone else can act as Sender and use the same form at http://www.paulsrabbit.com/telepathy.htm. It doesn't have to be me. I don't mind posting my attempt as a receiver. I don't claim to be any good at it so I have nothing to lose. :)

Paul

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hey Paul,

I couldn't play today but wanted to offer my views regarding yesterday's experiment.

I noticied that my attention became fixated on the "arithmetic "instead of what I should have been doing.Your statement that there would be 40 "feeling" cards caused my mind to uncontrollably seek an arithmetically acceptable outcome.I knew beforehand that there would be 40 cards of these 5 different"feelings."
So I started,unintentionally, to calculate in my mind 5x8=40 to 20 attempts at recieving these "feelings" means there can only be a maximum of 4 of these"feelings" that I could choose throughout the experiment. Anything over would of course be wrong.This became a distraction. So instead of fully having my attention on just getting the "feeling," I was "doing something else." Even my attempt to stop this mental calculation,in my opinion, became a sort of a, "doing something else."

I suggest that there be 100 cards next time. This way the persons' attention would not be drawn to this distracting aspect of the experiment. One would not then attempt to figure out if one had already picked,for example,".0" too many times; in this case more than 4 times.

It could just be me though, trying to explain away how badly I did:D

Last edited:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
I volunteer for the comm ev, Heck I am 25 hours late.:omg:
I am usually early for activities.

1700 to 1800 California time is probably best for me but not tonight too tired from work..wow paul that would be 0200 for you, maybe I will move again or just put my 30 or so staff on break

Hope I can get in the grove soon.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Hey Paul,

I couldn't play today but wanted to offer my views regarding yesterday's experiment.

I noticied that my attention became fixated on the "arithmetic "instead of what I should have been doing.Your statement that there would be 40 "feeling" cards caused my mind to uncontrollably seek an arithmetically acceptable outcome.I knew beforehand that there would be 40 cards of these 5 different"feelings."

Fair enough. In future I'll just put a card back in the pack once I've used it. Don't worry about the "it couldn't be that because he's already done six of those" factor.

2 a.m. is a bit late for me most nights, although sometimes I'm still up then. For the next week I won't be online later than much beyond midnight. But someone else can be Sender as it doesn't have to be me. You can all still use my online form and clock.

Note how you're exceptional, TP, along with a very few others, and no-one else is willing to stick their neck out. Afraid of getting shown up maybe. I don't see the problem. There's plenty of wiggle room for excuses, like not having a strong enough bond with me as they have never met me in real life; or I'm not doing the emotions properly, for example.

Paul

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
Note how you're exceptional, TP, along with a very few others, and no-one else is willing to stick their neck out. Afraid of getting shown up maybe. I don't see the problem.

I was testee Nbr 2, with a 2/20 result. 10%, which is 1/2 of what was expected by chance.

Wouldn't you expect that from an SP ? :yes: :yes:

Wisened One

Crusader
To tell ya the truth, Paul....I...got....um.....lost in your explanation of how to play...and I also haven't really had the time to concentrate and re-read the instructions right now until the time allotted that I previously posted, so....:shrug: :redface:

And btw: I actually have the deck of ESP Cards, and I'd love to play this game using those...where I will have the card and be the 'Sender'.....so if anyone wants to do this, let me know and either tonight or tomorrow or even Friday evening, I am available to play! :yes:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
To tell ya the truth, Paul....I...got....um.....lost in your explanation of how to play...and I also haven't really had the time to concentrate and re-read the instructions right now until the time allotted that I previously posted, so....:shrug: :redface:

And btw: I actually have the deck of ESP Cards, and I'd love to play this game using those...where I will have the card and be the 'Sender'.....so if anyone wants to do this, let me know and either tonight or tomorrow or even Friday evening, I am available to play! :yes:

OK. I added the instructions to the bottom of the page at www.paulsrabbit.com/telepathy.htm and I'll make up a Zener cards page you can use if you want.

Paul

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Minute.

I've actually done that test before, it's pretty cool!

OK. It's up at www.paulsrabbit.com/zener.htm. I put the time as ten seconds past until ten seconds to the minute. If you want to broadcast to the whole of ESMB, i.e. maybe one or two other people who want to play, it would help to have a photo or video or something to help zero in on you, and I'll put the time of the test on that page as well as the pic/video.

If you want to do it privately use that psychic science link. Or Sheldrake has a pretty neat one you can do with another person involving checking whether you are looking at a person's picture and thinking of them, or not. That's at http://www.sheldrake.org/Onlineexp/portal/photo.html.

Paul