What's new

Thank You All

Learner_Teacher

Hi

I'm not actually a n00b here, I have posted a few times, but since then I've lost nicks/passwords etc, so I will start again.

I was never "in", but I do somewhere have a certificate stating that I am a 'Founding Scientologist', personally signed, of course, by Laffy hisself :coolwink:

My main purpose in deciding to post here again, probably precipitated by recent events, is that I would like to acknowledge those who have helped me better understand the 'big picture' </cliche>

1. Veda

"Too cool for school", although I'd make you HeadMaster in a heart-beat.

2. Alan Walters.

Apart from the fact that he once played for Collingwood (for which he might eventually be forgiven) I know is a 'good guy'.

I'm not going to do a list (Fuck .. I even remember as a 12 yr old learning L/N verbatim - which I did, but have forgotten now TTF !)

But lastly, because that's where he chooses to posit himself, is Zinj. Love your work, Joe !

Again, thanks all.

DAMN ! I missed out 'Emma' !

So, thanks Emma :clap:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome back Learner_Teacher

So if you were never "in" how is it you are Founding member? What year was that?

You got some memories to share as to how you got the L/N verbatim?

Any little snippets to flush in the bigger picture?

Learner_Teacher

So if you were never "in" how is it you are Founding member? What year was that?

Late 50's - hence "Founding Scientologist"

You got some memories to share as to how you got the L/N verbatim?

You just grits your teeth and similarly learn the Periodic Table..

Harry, He Likes Beer By Cupfulls Never Overflowing...

Likewise, the Factors and Axioms ... all done verbatim by 12-13 yrs old, okay ??

Feral

Rogue male
Welcome LT.

I didn't think there was L&N until the '60s

Was it the same L&N as is done per the laws of L&N today?

Learner_Teacher

Welcome LT.

I didn't think there was L&N until the '60s

Was it the same L&N as is done per the laws of L&N today?

Hi

Quite possible - it's a bit of a blur .. I was learning all of Maths/Physics/Chem/English/French/History... at the time

Just young and sucking it all up

As to the date of L/N and shit like that - it was just more stuff that came over the telex, which I dutifully read and then transcribed onto a Gestener stencil and then proceded to pump out ...

I was at the time the first to get all the HCOBs/PLs/Stuff

The heading was always pretty much..

Okay, okay .. but this is NOW it

Veda

Sponsor
Okay, okay... but this is NOW it

Welcome back Learner_Teacher

Thanks for the kind words. I'll take the job.

One of the difficulties that Scientology has these days is that it has no more "This is NOW *it*!" announcements for its faithful.

Not that it doesn't try, but the best it can do is recycle itself in shrink wrap.

Somewhere, I've a stack of 'Aberree' magazines that was given to me, and I recalled its editor's exasperation at having received (yet another) excited 'This is NOW it!" message from (yet another) eager Scientologist. This one was excited by THE breakthrough that made possible - for REAL! - the state of Clear. This was around 1964, and that "This is NOW it!" lasted only a few months before it was replaced by the "This is NOW r_e_a_l_l_y it!" Clearing Course, which really did seem to be it! until, OT 2, then OT 3, then the Ls, then Dianetic Clear (Whee!), and then NOTs, with Scientologists concerned with expelling body thetans from their bodies while carefully watching their e-meters. And now the OT 8s are rolling off the assembly line with Success Stories that resemble something from an old Comm Course. "I'm really me!" etc.

Went searching for that 1964 'This is NOW it!' Letter to the Editor and the editor's response, in the scanned issues of 'The Aberree', but couldn't find it. Nonetheless, while some of the scan is a bit jumbled, it's still worth passing along a link.

'Aberree' http://www.aberree.com

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
The full story of The Aberree is also a wonderful refutation of the 'Good Old Days' theory of the Scientology Cult.

Zinj