What's new

The Christ Conspiracy: The Greatest Story Ever Sold

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
The Americans are far from running out of oil. They have not been self sufficient in oil production since the 70's but that does not mean that the domestic supply is "running out". In fact the recoverable reserves are expanding.

I do not understand why you think the USA invading Iraq is about "oil". In what way does this work? The US does not control the oilfields and, if the US buys oil from Iraq how is this any different?

Nothing to do with whether I trust "Bush" or not. I am not at all sure that I trust any politician.

I can think of several good reasons why The US would want control of Iraq's oil and none of them have to do with the USA running low on oil stocks.

1) Consider Saudi Arabia, which is completely under the control of the US. After the first Gulf War they obligingly sold off all of their Airbus planes and restocked with a new inventoory of Boeings. Their defence spending is HUGE - to what purpose? None other than to spend the money earned from oil-sales to the US in the US. With a few crumbs to the Brits now and then.

Would be nice to have more Gulf States do the same wouldn't it?

2) Huge war = huge spending on defence materiel, all of which gets wrecked in short order. Big buckazoids for the defence industry. But hey, wait - why not get Iraq to pay for the reconstruction of their country - sure, contracts go to our buddies at prices well above the market rate. How does Iraq pay? Why, with oil sold at discounted prices to the US of course. Ain't that nice - butter and jam on both sides of the bread. (Called Pan-determinism in Scio)

3) China is up and growing fast, could be a problem there one day. So, thinking ahead, how can we get a good grip on their testicles right now? Aha! Control their oil supply! Easy peasy - we invade Iraq now, sort out Iran later, we'll make sure we get total control of the whole world's oil supply. That way everyone will do as we say!

Want more?

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
and...

In that case, how come it came down at free fall speed with most of the building literally pulverised into dust? :)

Paul

And, how about WTC7? There is where the "cheese get binding" for the simple "it just fell straight down" true believers. They don't TOUCH that one! Do they?

Apply "obnosis" here, odious as it is to me too. See what you see. You saw a building that was not hit by ANYTHING "fall straight down" almost in its own footprint. Takes real OT's to accomplish that.

EP

klidov

Silver Meritorious Patron
Just a couple of thoughts:

I handed out copies of the movie Zeitgeist last Christmas/Yule/Winter Solstice. Including to my Christian family and friends. (I got them off of eBay for less than $ 2.00 a pop), so I put them in the cards with everyone's gift.

I encourage everyone to invest 2 hours of their life to watch it. Then do your own independent homework on the ideas & facts offered. The complete movie is on Google/YouTube.

Second point, the worst inhumanity that Man has visited upon his fellow man (and woman) was done in the name of "religion".

( disclaimer: Not to be confused with "faith"). The people who commit such horrible acts do so for their own sick & twisted reasons. They merely use "religion" as the justification.

The sick b*st*rds that bomb abortion clinics, are no more "Christian" than the nut-jobs who send disabled woman with bombs strapped on into a market place are Muslims.

(I have been know to say that "..why does Man need a Satan? He is more than willing to commit the worst evils without help. Mankind does a pretty A-o.k. job thinking those up by himself" ).

And, for the record, yes, these things did happen :confused2: I wish it were not so....

As to LRH's jumping on the Psych bandwagon, he tried it with the "Commies" too.....(Anything for validation with that Man.)

And yes, the Human Mind is complex, and Psychiatry has used some brutal methods designed by brutal (or uncaring men). The Father of Psychiatry, Freud, was an incestuous drug addict.

(And people who write books on the Human Mind consider themselves sane.:D )

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
In that case, how come it came down at free fall speed with most of the building literally pulverised into dust? :)

Paul

well paul when the weight of 40 stories of concrete and metal falls onto the floor below it does exactly that. When the 41 stories fall on the one below that - it does exactly that.

And it does it under constant acceleration.

What is "free fall speed" ?

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
And, how about WTC7? There is where the "cheese get binding" for the simple "it just fell straight down" true believers. They don't TOUCH that one! Do they?

Apply "obnosis" here, odious as it is to me too. See what you see. You saw a building that was not hit by ANYTHING "fall straight down" almost in its own footprint. Takes real OT's to accomplish that.

EP

Not really - what do you know about how buildings fall? Do you have a degree in civil engineering? I am just interested - you seem to make full on judgements and I presume that you are basing them on your engineering knowledge and expertise. Right?

Did you study the pictures of WTC7 and the damage done to it?

What study did you do of the "evidence" did you read the reports have you done anything other than listened to a TV program? Seriously - I at least have watched Loose Change and read the Loose Change forum. Have you actually read the congressional report on 9/11 - not "read what someone else has said about it" but read the thing?

You did know that there was a 20 story hole in wtc caused by it being hit by the falling wreckage from the towers - right?

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
I can think of several good reasons why The US would want control of Iraq's oil and none of them have to do with the USA running low on oil stocks.

1) Consider Saudi Arabia, which is completely under the control of the US. After the first Gulf War they obligingly sold off all of their Airbus planes and restocked with a new inventoory of Boeings. Their defence spending is HUGE - to what purpose? None other than to spend the money earned from oil-sales to the US in the US. With a few crumbs to the Brits now and then.

And?

Would be nice to have more Gulf States do the same wouldn't it?

Yep it sure would. Didn't require going to war to get it.

2) Huge war = huge spending on defence materiel, all of which gets wrecked in short order. Big buckazoids for the defence industry. But hey, wait - why not get Iraq to pay for the reconstruction of their country - sure, contracts go to our buddies at prices well above the market rate. How does Iraq pay? Why, with oil sold at discounted prices to the US of course. Ain't that nice - butter and jam on both sides of the bread. (Called Pan-determinism in Scio)

Hmm really? - would you cite the source for the contracts on the cut price oil? Which contracts for the war materiel were priced well above market rate?

3) China is up and growing fast, could be a problem there one day. So, thinking ahead, how can we get a good grip on their testicles right now? Aha! Control their oil supply! Easy peasy - we invade Iraq now, sort out Iran later, we'll make sure we get total control of the whole world's oil supply. That way everyone will do as we say!

Hmm - is this based on anything other than your own fantasy?

Oh, I thought not.

Want more?

More what? Endless speculation about what you think is going on? Not really but fire away with what you got - but try and come up with a source for some of it.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)

Paul

Oh Paul - "literally pulverized into dust"? Wow. You maybe need to re watch the LC video - you missed the bit about the beams and columns... or maybe read some other reports...

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Mick. Your replies to all on this thread clearly show you up as a dyed in the wool Hubbardite. Don't deal with any argument, just unmock the speaker.

Exactly per the P/L on how to handle critics. Well done.

Björkist

Mick. Your replies to all on this thread clearly show you up as a dyed in the wool Hubbardite. Don't deal with any argument, just unmock the speaker.

Leon, you just won my heart. (in a completely heterosexual way) :love8:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Oh Paul - "literally pulverized into dust"? Wow. You maybe need to re watch the LC video - you missed the bit about the beams and columns... or maybe read some other reports...

Try googling the words--there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of debate about the fact of pulverization, although its cause is something else. Look at the photos of thick layers of this dust over an extended area. What are all the white clouds in this photo?

Paul

Attachments

• 911dust.jpg
    911dust.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 19

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)

roflmao. Nothing like ignoring the argument.

Oh well no surprises here then - you have no data, no argument and merely personal attack.

You spouted bullshit, you got called on it and your only response is to try and bluster.

no wonder Bjorkist loves you - that's all he has as well!!

Sad. You lose.

Last edited:

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Try googling the words--there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of debate about the fact of pulverization, although its cause is something else. Look at the photos of thick layers of this dust over an extended area. What are all the white clouds in this photo?

Paul

Paul - first off I suggest you review the definition of the "argument from ignorance" Just because you don't understand it - doesn't make it not true. Nor does it make the claims of Avery valid.

It is simple engineering and physics. Why not actually study the subjects and take a look?

As for "pulverization" may I suggest a look over what happened with the beams from the WTC?

You are trying to claim that concrete under collapse , reverting to its components, water lime and sand is somehow strange?

I note you had no answer to the question "what is free fall speed"? Going to be hard to answer - can I save you the bother? There is no such thing. Free fall exists only in orbit. things in a gravitational field fall under a constant acceleration.

I know that you knew that - this is for the benefit of other readers. I am not sure why you cannot apply it though.

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron

Oh well no surprises here then - you have no data, no argument and merely personal attack.

You spouted bullshit, you got called on it and your only response is to try and bluster.

This applies exactly to you. Amazing.

Björkist

no wonder Bjorkist loves you - that's all he has as well!!

Sad. You lose.

Mick, as I suggested you do in another post (which you obviously didn't do), was to clear the word "bluster" and then review both your posts and those of the people you accuse of "blustering". It will become more than clear to someone who doesn't always have to be right who is engaging in "bluster" 'round these here parts.

But since you didn't and won't, I will provide the definitions here:

1. to talk or act with noisy swaggering threats
2. to utter with noisy self-assertiveness

In reality that's all you have done in this thread and several others which you participate in, regardless of your accusations that others are doing it.

And I asserted my current infatuation for Leon because he told it exactly as it is regarding you, your state of mind and the self-righteous, must be right no matter what, swaggering* which you consistently engage in.

But then you are the SP's SP aren't you?

*If you need me to help you clear "swagger", just let me know.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I note you had no answer to the question "what is free fall speed"? Going to be hard to answer - can I save you the bother? There is no such thing. Free fall exists only in orbit. things in a gravitational field fall under a constant acceleration.

I couldn't be bothered to go back and find the post. You know what I meant. That it fell with no resistance, as if falling through air, rather than meeting the resistance of solid metal and concrete which had to be overcome.

You discuss as if you are stomping someone to a pulp, Mick.

Paul

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Not worth the time...

Not really - what do you know about how buildings fall? Do you have a degree in civil engineering? I am just interested - you seem to make full on judgements and I presume that you are basing them on your engineering knowledge and expertise. Right?

Did you study the pictures of WTC7 and the damage done to it?

What study did you do of the "evidence" did you read the reports have you done anything other than listened to a TV program? Seriously - I at least have watched Loose Change and read the Loose Change forum. Have you actually read the congressional report on 9/11 - not "read what someone else has said about it" but read the thing?

You did know that there was a 20 story hole in wtc caused by it being hit by the falling wreckage from the towers - right?

:confused2: I'm not goin' there on this thread. :no:

The gentleman doth protest too much, methinks...

My time would be better spent converting "ditto heads" to "liberals" :omg:

I'll just keep on bein' an ethics particle....

Tanstaafl

Crusader
I couldn't be bothered to go back and find the post. You know what I meant. That it fell with no resistance, as if falling through air, rather than meeting the resistance of solid metal and concrete which had to be overcome.

You discuss as if you are stomping someone to a pulp, Mick.

Paul

Mick never posts without putting his Justins on first. :no: :)

l whip

Patron
There is a hymn that goes

Beneath the the cross of Christ I glory
Towering over the wrecks of time...

I don't know why I thought of that.