What's new

The Church of Scientology is Hiring Teachers

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
The Church of Scientology is Hiring Teachers.

From Mike Rinder's Thursday Funnies: http://www.mikerindersblog.org/thursday-funnies-134/

yeS64eV.png

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
yeS64eV.png

Once applicants go in for the full job interview, there is another EXPANDED LIST OF QUALIFYING QUESTIONS, such as. . .

• If school regulators came around asking questions, would you be willing to hide so-called "fire hazards" in order to keep the school open and thus save the planet and all mankind?
  • If a local resident began spreading entheta around about our new "Ideal Chain Locker" for students-- would you be able to rise above any bank considerations about stalking them with headcams and killing their pets until they STFU?

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
As much as one may be tempted to joke about this, I believe it is of concern. This is a new development. This is the first I've heard of the COS specifically hiring teachers NOT for Applied Scholastics schools (which are ostensibly secular, though we know they are not), but for an actual Church of Scientology. It looks like the COS may be developing or piloting a specifically religious school inside a church.

Why would they do that? Is there some advantage under state law? Some exemptions or exceptions from otherwise applicable requirements? To be protected by the First Amendment? To take advantage of a recent Supreme Court decision previously discussed here?

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I know that they needed a qualified teacher or two in Melbourne in order to make sure the scientology school was covered under the education regulations. Maybe they are setting up an 'internal' school' for staff's children and need to make it official. Whatever it is, it is not good.

arcxcauseblows

Patron Meritorious
So desperate!

Can't an operating thetan just postulate that they're a teacher? Why do they depend so hard on wogs...

If the study tech is so damn special couldn't they just train up a teacher? Shoot for that matter they should all be accredited with 0 effort

You'd think all scientologist would be rocket scientists since they've unlocked the key to life and the study tech allows them to learn anything beyond any educational technique developed in a quadrillion years, lrh had full whole track recall so nothing beats that humans should all be rocket scientist now that we have this space age study tech

What's the problem?

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
As much as one may be tempted to joke about this, I believe it is of concern. This is a new development. This is the first I've heard of the COS specifically hiring teachers NOT for Applied Scholastics schools (which are ostensibly secular, though we know they are not), but for an actual Church of Scientology. It looks like the COS may be developing or piloting a specifically religious school inside a church.

Why would they do that? Is there some advantage under state law? Some exemptions or exceptions from otherwise applicable requirements? To be protected by the First Amendment? To take advantage of a recent Supreme Court decision previously discussed here?

My guess is that there are staff and public with kids, and that the org doesn't want those kids in a regular school.

I would further guess that there might have been a flap involving a Scn child telling his teachers about how things are with his parents and the org, and it flapped, and this is their "solution".

I could just imagine some 14 year old Scn kid breaking down in front of her teacher, and crying that she didn't want to be forced into the Sea Org, and things getting "interesting" from there. I don't think Cinci Org was ever particularly large, not large enough that a real school would be viable.