ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

The CLO EUS shredmobile.

Discussion in 'Stories From Inside Scientology' started by Mest Lover, Mar 13, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. Mest Lover

Mest Lover Not Sea Org Qualified

circa 1988.

This was before we moved back into "Excalibur." (CLO EUS)

One day they decided they needed to do something with all the bags of shred that were being stored in a room on the roof of the NY ORG. There were bags and bags and bags of it.

They needed someone to drive a truck to get rid of it all.
    The comm chief (Robert Radsliff) asked me if I had taken the driving course. Me, being a newbie, said "yes, I did," thinking back to my driver's education course I took in highschool.

I also had driven a truck for 7 years for one of my previous jobs.

They rented a big box truck from a nearby U-Haul place and I drove it to the Org. The funny thing about this truck was it had some serious touchy sensitive brakes. The slightest touch of the pedal locked the tires up. I remember having a huge problem adjusting to that.

Anyway, they loaded the truck up with all the bags of shred and we drove across into New Jersey to a paper recycling plant and emptied the shred there.

It was much later that I found out that the driving course Robert was asking about was some special Scientology course that all Sea Org people are supposed to be checked off on in order to drive. Oh well.

Not much of a story but one I have.

2. namaste

namaste Silver Meritorious Patron

Well, think of how much more successful John Travolta or Tom Cruise would be had they taken an SO acting course. Especially an LRH one.

I'll bet the guy who ran Marc Headly off the road when he was trying to escape the Ant Base had taken that Scientology driving course. :D

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  3. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

When I sup'd it around 1990 it was called "Car School" and was quite a pig of a course which included the theory of internal combustion engines and so forth.

Paul

4. Mest Lover

Mest Lover Not Sea Org Qualified

In Highschool I took a small engine repair course that tought us about 2 stroke, 4 stroke engines, gas and diesel differences and to pass the course we had to completely dismantle a Briggs and Stratton lawn mower engine, clean all the parts and rebuild it and demonstrate that it worked again.

It was an elective but I have used that course so many times in practical applications. Scientology tought me only fear, paranoia and that I was better off without it.

How many members did you teach the course to?
    Was it based on LRH stuff or did it just basically do common sense stuff?

I have to take a defensive driver course every year now.