What's new

The Face of Scientology 2011

guanoloco

As-Wased
In my mind, I have the image of a simple Buddhist monk, with a big smile on his face, and enjoying a serenity , peace and compassion that an atomic bomb could probably not interrupt.

And, then I see and compare THAT "spiritual image" with an angry, noisy, flustered Scientologist.

What is wrong with THAT picture? :duh: :biggrin: :ohmy:
-snip-

...promise of gain...threat of loss...equals the scarcity realm of the ego...equals all the frantic antics and fret and fuss and hustle and bustle and "Hill 10s" and "Thursdays at 2" and "PR" and "OPs" and image over substance, etc....

...contrast that with the abundance of the spiritual...

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

One of the strangest things about the vicious Scientologist in this video is that the reason he attacked is because the protester was quoting L. Ron Hubbard's scripture verbatim.

On the back of his t-shirt was a paragraph containing Ron's exact words about OT III and in his hand was a small tape player running Ron Hubbards voice, speaking about Xenu.

Think about that.

The protester was promoting Scientology scripture directly from Hubbard.

Scientologists apparently have been very thoroughly programmed to attack anyone they are told to attack, including people who quote Ron.

Bizarre!

It doesn't have to make sense--it's Scientology!

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yeah, but he was also telling staffers and public that they are slaves and are being brainwashed (which is true, brainwashed part for sure), and it's not a right item for a Scientologist. Because Scientologist KNOWS (brainwashed to believe) that he or she is the least brainwashed being in the universe. Sorry, I used the word "BRAINWASHED" so much. Therefore out-list phenomena, red face, tight fists, blowing the scene, etc.

Moral of the story: if you see brain-washed slaves, don't tell them what they are, unless your civilization haz internetz.

P.S. Besides, playing the Source (even in his own voice) talking about Xenu being more real then Jesus, while wearing "Scientology Kills" t-shirt in front of Scientology Org,
looking like a thug and holding a camera/s in their faces, might be a bit too much gradient for those pure souls to handle. Although, it's better then nothing.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Yeah, but he was also telling staffers and public that they are slaves and are being brainwashed (which is true, brainwashed part for sure), and it's not a right item for a Scientologist. Because Scientologist KNOWS (brainwashed to believe) that he or she is the least brainwashed being in the universe. Sorry, I used the word "BRAINWASHED" so much. Therefore out-list phenomena, red face, tight fists, blowing the scene, etc.

Moral of the story: if you see brain-washed slaves, don't tell them what they are, unless your civilization haz internetz.

P.S. Besides, playing the Source (even in his own voice) talking about Xenu being more real then Jesus, while wearing "Scientology Kills" t-shirt in front of Scientology Org,
looking like a thug and holding a camera/s in their faces, might be a bit too much gradient for those pure souls to handle. Although, it's better then nothing.

Good points!

But irony of ironies. The psychotic, SP, type 3, DB, evil protester is actually the Ideal Scene for the Angry Scn Man.

He'll realize that later when he is out.

koki

Silver Meritorious Patron
He was just being $cios....
Cult told him to go out and do a "clay demo" with Tommy s face....but fail....
now-pay again-do again.....heheheh:duh:

Big hello from LRHs Bulgravia.

guanoloco

As-Wased
This is quite the trick and really a total testament to the brilliance of the Master Magician, that Grrrrrrrreat Source-rer, Hell Wrong Hu666ard...and that is this.

When a Scientologists gets the idea that someone is cutting the cash infusion into the cult they go stark raving nutso red-faced angry.

(This is NOT the trick.)

Yet, they will never ever see a nickle of the cash!

(Walla! Presto! Alla-peanut-butter-sandwiches! This IS the trick.)

How did he do that?

Not only will these Scienos never see the cash but every single staff member has become a reg of sorts and they work all day FOR NOTHING sucking cash out of parishioners and book buyers, etc. Not only do they work for nothing but when they leave they are handed a bill of money they owe!

No shit!

How the hell did Hu666ard pull this off?

Also, where does all that cash go?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
When a Scientologists gets the idea that someone is cutting the cash infusion into the cult they go stark raving nutso red-faced angry.

The idea I got is that he thought someone was not only attacking Man's only hope of freedom but was also endangering people's lives and/or sanity by casually broadcasting lethal words that should only be seen in carefully controlled conditions.

As Steven Weinberg said:
With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil—that takes religion.
Paul

HelluvaHoax!

The idea I got is that he thought someone was not only attacking Man's only hope of freedom but was also endangering people's lives and/or sanity by casually broadcasting lethal words that should only be seen in carefully controlled conditions.

As Steven Weinberg said:
With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil—that takes religion.
Paul

Exactly!

Another thing that bears mentioning is the Precarious Pc Predicament and Odd OT Oxymoron that Hubbard's maze leads all Scientologists into. . .

They are to STUDY the applied philosophy but they are not to APPLY it.

If they dared to apply Ron's tech, such as the Third Party Law, they would be looking for the 3rd Party that instigated the conflict between the Angry Scn Man and the Protester.

Who said that the Protester was "in bad" with Scientologists? Who stirred up bitter hatred for the Protester in the mind of Angry Scn Man?

Wasn't it Hubbard himself who is the prime third-party-er, un-thirdpartied?

Last edited:

guanoloco

As-Wased

As Steven Weinberg said:
Paul

You're right, Paul, and by this very same trick this very same Scieno would be busily assisting others to get loans, max out cards and arrange financing to "go up the Bridge"...such is the Magik of Hubbard.

PS. I've never witnessed Scienos getting this mad/upset when someone's actual Bridge progress has been cut or blocked WHEN it's been paid for (AFTER the cash has been collected) - at these times I've only seen mild disinterest...I've only witnessed this type of upset/reaction when someone's Bridge has NOT been paid for - as in this guy is angry over potential loss. Odd, isn't it? This guy could sit through the same crap most of us have witnessed or experienced somewhere along the 4 flows that actually stops someone's Bridge progress and is upsetting to their case or restimulative or adding to their case or what-have-you and everyone just stands there and watches it...but when there is NO actual loss or upset but only imagined potential loss I have seen this type of reaction in people. Queer to say the least...

It's like anything that is tangible Scientology says is false and doesn't exist and anything intangible Scientology says is real and factual...you know...Hubbard's documented military record is false and the "real" record is missing on purpose...stuff like that...the make believe fantasy is factual and the here-and-now reality is false as in cover up the child rape and attack the victim as a liar. Weird stuff!

Last edited:

guanoloco

As-Wased
Just runnin' with this a bit the following stuff from an earlier post really portrays this aspect.

After getting in Gorman's face, the man doesn't stick around as Tommy and Jennifer called police.

I called the San Francisco org yesterday and left a message for its president, Jeff Quiros. He didn't call me back, which is disappointing, because Quiros has given some really interesting and colorful quotes to reporters in the past. This one he gave the San Francisco Chronicle in 2001 seems relevant in this case:

"It's not a go-to-church-on-Sunday kind of religion. It's an intense religion. If people get in your way, they need to be dealt with one way or another."

Gorman knows Quiros very well. In his family, Quiros was known as "Uncle Jeff."

Gorman's father was only 18 when he joined Scientology, his mother was even younger. They met and raised a family in the church. Tommy met his future wife, Jennifer Stewart, at about 14 when they were both in a Scientology school.

​In a lengthy 2008 profile of Gorman, my colleague Lauren Smiley at our sister paper in San Francisco, SF Weekly, explained that as Gorman grew into adulthood, he wanted to help Scientology with its enemies. Tommy began picketing the houses of church critics as a volunteer for Quiros, who is also an executive in Scientology's Office of Special Affairs, the church's intelligence, public relations, and covert operations wing.

In 2000, Gorman ran into Jennifer Stewart again when he became a staff member at the org in nearby Mountain View, California. She had left school and was working at the org as a receptionist. She also had a terrible secret: for months, a man named Gabriel Williams, a course supervisor at the Mountain View org, had been raping her at his apartment, where she claimed she had been ordered to stay by Scientology officials. (Scientology denied that she had been ordered to stay there, and claimed that Williams had merely offered to let her stay there to shorten her commute to work.)

Jennifer -- who was only 16 at the time of the attacks -- would later tell police that she had been raped more than 100 times. She was terrified that if she told anyone about it, she would be excommunicated as a "suppressive person," and her family, per Scientology's policy of "disconnection," would be forced to cut off all ties with her.

​Eventually, with the support of the Gorman family, she did go to police. Williams was arrested, and ultimately pled guilty to sexual battery and sodomy with a minor, and was sentenced to a year in jail and five years' probation. Jennifer also filed a civil suit against the church.

Tommy says that when he found out about the rapes, he went to Quiros.

"He told me to disconnect from her. I told him to fuck off," Tommy says. "When he told me that, that's when I realized something was wrong."

Tommy, Jennifer, and both of their families left Scientology in 2001.

As a result of leaving the church, and for filing the lawsuit, the Gormans say they were then subject to a hellacious program of "fair game" by the church, which has a reputation for retaliating against people it perceives as enemies. From Smiley's 2008 story:

As documented in police reports Gorman has since posted online, his father answered the phone to hear someone say, "SPs don't live long! Your son and his wife Jennifer will be dead soon!" Gorman's mother was tailed in her car for 45 minutes. After Jennifer lost control of the couple's 1991 Lexus while on the way to her attorney's office, a mechanic showed police that all six bolts connecting the left axle to the transmission were missing, which was probably done deliberately. City child protection workers showed up at the Gormans' house on an anonymous tip that Gorman's father may have sexually abused Tommy's sister, Christle. Gorman has no proof it was Scientology other than the timing, and Quiros denies the church was involved. About the axle, he says, "the most likely story is [Gorman] did it himself."

Jennifer's lawsuit was ultimately ended with a settlement.

...and then this quote from Rog from the Booklet leak: "How Big was Old Saint Hill" thread...

Gotta,

You summed it up so well in your last sentence in red above.

As Dulloldfart and I said on a thread some time ago: "It is the way they treat their best people!"

It's so insane as to be incomprehensible to those who've not been in and seen it . . . the rest of society just doesn't/can't think it could be so. And I suspect this is one of the main reasons the cult has not been taken to task here in the US . . . the shit it is pulling is beyond belief, and so not addressed.

More light needs being shined on it; and eventually it'll be addressed.

Rog

Here we have Scientologists turning a blind eye to internal abuse but if they even suspect external abuse they go ballistic - this suspected external abuse IS the reason these people are even on staff to begin with!

Paul, what was that post you had way back about the church of moral indifference or something? I know I'm butchering that because the actual definition was pretty damning about a total lack of sense of community to stand idly by while horrendous and heinous crimes are being committed.

That is the Church of Scientology - it's like it can abuse itself and members and expects to do just that but if anyone "outside" attempts this - Whoa, Nelly!

Finally, here's a bit from Ron the Humanitarian that pretty well summarizes this as well...

Government and Revolt 12 May 1969

The history of revolts has had one thing in common: a policy of government by the few, for the few and oppression of the many.

Special privilege groups dominated and were listened to by every government in history which has fallen to a peoples’ revolt.

The keynotes of such special groups is help for nobody but themselves and hate for everyone including themselves.

The equestrian order of Rome, the aristocracy of France and Russia, the super select Nazis of Germany, the international financiers and the psychiatric front groups now dominating Western governments had much in common.

They operated for themselves alone and used the people as though they were animals.

It is no coincidence that psychiatric front groups teach that men are only animals to be herded, used and butchered at a whim.

The Roman equestrian order, the upper classes of France and Russia, the Nazis and the psychiatrists all fixated on this mode of idea. Man was an animal.

By this of course they meant man was their personal animal. Anyone else who sought to communicate to man was looked on as an animal thief, an interloper.

But aristos and Nazis and psychiatrists have another thing in common—they are fixated, snobbish people—they cannot change, they do not believe others change and they overlook utterly that times change.

Such people easily go out of date. They get stuck in yesterday. The “old times were best” attitude stops all progress. For instance the psychiatrist is stuck utterly in the 19th century. His practices and attitudes have not changed in all that time.

He considers himself a “best people.” He associates only with the rich. And he considers man his personal animal to use or slaughter as he wishes. And he thinks of himself (towers of madness) as part of the government, which of course he is not any more than the local butcher is.

Governments composed of “the best people” (or snobs if you will) are in actual fact very unstable.

Instead of going forward with the times and keeping abreast of progress they play at stop the clock.

Anyone with a new idea is looked on with ferocity, as an animal thief.

Therefore each new person who steps forward with improvements or suggestions is made at once into an enemy by the violence with which he is greeted.

Thus, in a special privilege governmental scene, all the new developments are outside the closed circle. The anointed few by this rejection came more and more to stand alone.

One day the people and those with new ideas are all on one side of the fence. The snobs are on the other side.

All progressive people are thus forced into close association with man.

The special privilege group sees the danger, hires guns, hoodlums, hoods, bodyguards and tries to control “their animals” with force.

Man, not agreeing he is just a domestic animal, resents it. He turns around to the clever progressive ones on his side of the fence and says “What do we do now?”

Well, history is too full of gory examples to make further description of what happens profitable.

It surely happens!

A government can always estimate how close it is to being revolted against by counting up how many bright willing men it is excluding from participation. It does not matter how the exclusion is done—aristos used pedigree, Nazis used Aryanism, psychiatrists use “degrees”—the result is the same. The bright ones are with the people, the special ones have only guns.

And that is the real genus of revolt.

Governments by, for and of special privilege are doomed the moment they set up the first barrier to the many. It becomes a barricade.

All too hilarious...in a sick and twisted sort of way...and this exactly predicts the state of Scientology today.

pg018_1.jpg

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Paul, what was that post you had way back about the church of moral indifference or something? I know I'm butchering that because the actual definition was pretty damning about a total lack of sense of community to stand idly by while horrendous and heinous crimes are being committed.

Church of Depraved Indifference. I think it's spot-on.

Paul

guanoloco

As-Wased

Paul

BINGO!

To constitute depraved indifference, the defendant's conduct must be 'so wanton, so deficient in a moral sense of concern, so lacking in regard for the life or lives of others, and so blameworthy as to warrant the same criminal liability as that which the law imposes upon a person who intentionally causes a crime. Depraved indifference focuses on the risk created by the defendant’s conduct, not the injuries actually resulting.

Sindy

Crusader

Paul

Lisa McPherson died, at the very least, because of the depraved indifference of those around her. We were discussing Lakey's "help" thread yesterday and most stated that they felt that helping was natural, didn't need to be dissected, is the right thing to do and simply part of our nature.

How is it that an ideology or philosophy (supposedly all about help) can override this natural tendency and create this depraved indifference? If allowed to take over the world, as the cult would like to do (and laughingly believes it is doing), it could actually literally destroy mankind.

Of course, that would never happen or be allowed to happen but, it is quite scary to imagine and I suppose one always needs to be on the lookout, and ever vigilant about becoming entrapped by one's own mind.

I'm sure it's been posted here before but this depraved indifference, so much a part of cult think, reminds me of that real-life high school experiment called "The Wave". If you haven't seen this it is so worth watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVRXXbU-z7U

guanoloco

As-Wased
Lisa McPherson died, at the very least, because of the depraved indifference of those around her. We were discussing Lakey's "help" thread yesterday and most stated that they felt that helping was natural, didn't need to be dissected, is the right thing to do and simply part of our nature.

How is it that an ideology or philosophy (supposedly all about help) can override this natural tendency and create this depraved indifference? If allowed to take over the world, as the cult would like to do (and laughingly believes it is doing), it could actually literally destroy mankind.

Maybe there's a clue in Ron the Humanitarian?

The Cause of Crime 6 May 1982

They say poverty makes crime. They say if one improved education there would be less crime. They say if one cured the lot of the underprivileged one would have solved crime.

All these “remedies” have proven blatantly false.

In very poor countries there is little crime. In “improving” education, it was tailored to “social reform,” not teaching skills. And it is a total failure. The fact that rewarding the underprivileged has simply wrecked schools and neighborhoods and cost billions is missing.

So who is “they”? The psychologist and psychiatrist, of course. These were their crackpot remedies for crime. And it’s wrecked a civilization.

You never reward a downstat!! That wouldn't be "help", now, would it?

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
Excerpt from The Scandal of Scientology : http://www.xenu.net/archive/books/tsos/sos.html, 1971, by Paulette Cooper:

"This letter was received by a man in the mid-west whose son took $550 worth of courses but only paid for $200 of them. The father was then billed for the balance in a letter saying he had 'agreed' to pay the other $350. The father wrote back saying he hadn't "agreed" to any such thing, and reported the Scientologists. On October 13, he received the following threats and accusations from a Scientology Reverend:

'Rather than let my lawyers have *all* the fun, I will
write to you this once and straighten you out. I
have a great urge to beggar you to your last pair of
socks, but I will curb the desire a little longer. If
you had the wit of a demented swineherd you
would have read those pieces of literature I so gra-
ciously had sent to you...do not judge people by
yourself. Not everyone is a mass murderer like
yourself. Yes, I know quite a bit about you and
your various projects during the war. And how do
you sleep at night? I hope tis ill...I am expert at
harassment, try me and find out. You are not
strong enough. You are not smart enough. You
haven't the funds to go through long lengthy court
battles. We have. Bigger men than you have done
their best to stop us. They failed. So will you be-
cause you are a blatant moron in comparison. We
joust only with our peers, others - like you - we
will simply gobble up...one more word out of
you and I'll have you investigated. I might anyway.
I have never seen one person yet that resisted
Scientology who didn't have a great deal to hide.
And you evidently won't look at free books sent to
you, so you must, perforce have a great deal to
conceal
.'

"The letter continued with more accusations of guilt on the part of the father, along with praise of Scientology and concluded on this ominous note:

'If you want to start a Donnybrook, Buddy, wail
away; to use the argot of the streets I'll just start
my people to work on you and then before long
you will be broke, and out of a job and broken in
health. Then I can have my nasty little chuckle
about you and get back to work...You won't
take long to finish off. I would estimate three
weeks. Remember: I am not a mealy mouthed
psalm [sic] canting preacher. I am a minister of
the Church of Scientology! I am able to heal the
sick and I do. But I have other abilities which in-
clude a knowledge of men's minds that I will use to
crush you to your knees. You or any other wretch
that stands in our way. Cause the list is long, but
their careers are very short of those that have
jousted with us
.'

"The letter, written on the Church of Scientology letterhead, was signed "with the utmost sincerity possible" by the Reverend Andrew Bagley, organizational Secretary. There was a short P.S. appended:

'Don't reply to this letter.
If I want to get in touch with you,
I'll be able to find you. Anywhere
'

"P.S. The father paid the bill. P.P.S. His son took approximately $4,500 worth more courses in Scientology, paying for them himself the next time from a $5,000 inheritance."

Personal opinion here, not the opinion of the head honcho running this board ... and strictly hypothetical, such that it should not be construed as to advocate violence, yada yada yada, disclaimer disclaimer disclaimer etc ...

If someone copped that tone with me in a letter ... not that anybody ever has or would ... they might find me waiting for them outside with a ... (use your imagination, I have been censored on here before)

Pete

Caliwog

Patron Meritorious
Lisa McPherson died, at the very least, because of the depraved indifference of those around her.

With all due respect, Synthia, that's wrong.

Lisa McPherson died because LRH wrote that the proper way to treat a psychotic break is to lock the person in a room and refuse to communicate with them.

The people who perpetuated this crime really did think they were helping her. They weren't indifferent - they cared. And that's yet another reason why Scientology is dangerous, and why Hubbard was a true piece of shit.

More on this from me.

ML,
Caliwog
http://caliwog.wordpress.com

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
FLUNK for displaying HE&R!

ML,
Caliwog
http://caliwog.wordpress.com

This is HE&R? The whole time I thought it's a display of "WE ARE THE IAS!"
The red-faced warrior is just missing his horse and a torch. And a sword.
He is facing a Xenu officer, who wears the OT III incident on his shirt, acting
like the whole thing is a joke. The IAS knows how to handle true SP's!
No HE&R here, buddy! It's a tough universe, only tigers survive. Confront evil.

Last edited: