ESMB is now closed to new registrations. Please go to www.exscn2.net and register there.

The Gods of Eden Book by William Bramley

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Wisened One, May 12, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

I couldn't resist starting a Thread about this! I brought up this book up in Chat today:

Here is the book.

http://www.amazon.com/Gods-Eden-Wil...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1242161760&sr=8-1

Ok, When I was on Staff in the early up to the mid 90's me and several other Staff were into UFO-related/Conspiracy type books.

And it was recommended to me by several Staff to read the above book,that it was enlightening and fascinating.

So I read it within a few days (it was THAT good). And I too was blown away by it!

Then I was telling other Staff to read it and they did so...then it seemed half the Org read it and we all had a great time being blown away by it and discussing it amongst ourselves in our few minutes of free conversation each day.

Well I think it was a few months later but one day, I got called to Ethics.

A goldenrod was placed before me. (I'm pretty sure it was Goldenrod, it could've been blue, but can't remember for sure...).

And it was on William Bramley and his book: The Gods of Eden.

The policy/declare went on to say that this book was forbidden by scn's to read as it had 'squirrel ot data' within it that Mr. Bramley twisted from his studies as a scn. (Can't remember how long he was in, seems to me, not long tho).

All of the Staff had to read this. I remember then how flabbergasted and disappointed we all were (at the time) and we all had to get rid of our books. :melodramatic:

Does anyone remember this? Has anyone else from other Orgs, etc seen this and know what I'm referring to?

Better yet, any way that one of you could get a copy of this 'issue' ? :thumbsup:

Meanwhile...I am sooooo reading the book again, ASAP! :D

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  2. HappyGirl

HappyGirl Gold Meritorious Patron

I had this same experience. I was never given a copy of the goldenrod - what do you want it for?

3. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

Cuz...Wanna read it again...also there's some discrepancy about WHY one should've even been WRITTEN on him in the first place cuz I'm not sure if Bramley ever WAS a scn or not? :unsure:

4. clamicide

clamicide Gold Meritorious Patron

ditto

Same sit hit our org, too. My roommate had picked it up on his own, but later the whole thing flapped--think it was via public who went to Flag and were exposed to it there originally.

5. Tiger Lily

Tiger Lily Gold Meritorious Patron

I was recommended to read that book by a Scientologist. I got halfway through and I was so blown away that I went to the Org and started telling everyone about it. The OSA rep called me in and told me that book was by an SP and it was designed to electrify you and mess up your case and cave you in. She told me that I needed to stop reading immediately and throw away the book.

Here's the weird part. . . .I DID! I stopped reading it halfway through. But I kept that book, and finally some months later I was feeling rebellious and I finished it.

That was one of those books that changed my whole world view. I think I may dig that out and read it again -- it's been about 15 years now.

:)TL

6. EP - Ethics Particle

EP - Ethics Particle Gold Meritorious Patron

My experience...

From an earlier PM:

Was reading chat archive and saw that you had read Bramley's "Gods of Eden".

I read it a few years ago while I still was more or less "in" and was so impressed with it that I wrote to Bramley and asked if he had any knowledge of Scientology - and kinda warned him that he might be treading on dangerous ground and to watch his back.

I got a nice letter back from him saying that he had never been involved with Scn but that he was aware of it and familiar with Hubbard's works - and he assured me that he was quite safe and wished me well in my pursuits.

I had totally forgotten about the book and the corresponence until the chat reminded me of it just now. Had not thought about it one time since.:confused2:

Wierd. Love. EP

P.S. I never mentioned the book to anyone in Scn. :nervous: :no:

7. HappyGirl

HappyGirl Gold Meritorious Patron

The only thing I could figure out at the time was in his bibliography it listed an LRH book, which was the only thing I could find that CoS might take exception to. But the "reason" it was forbidden probably varied with one's ethics officer. I had borrowed the book at the time, and now I want to try and find a copy. :) WO, you started a protest movement reminding us all of this book. :omg: In fact, I have built up quite a library of SP books and materials (like tarot cards) in the past few months. :)

8. Fancy

Fancy Patron Meritorious

I think I have a copy via ebook.

Barb

9. everfree

everfree Patron Meritorious

I remember when it got banned from PAC, it was a fairly big flap. I did see the goldenrod on it some time later but I wouldn't have such a thing any more.

10. Bramley was a Scientologist and made it through OT III. The Church had its reason for not haveing people reader. I read it and found it ridiculous. These kind of authors depend on their readers being very unknowledgable about history. For example, in the books he talks about the Great Pyramids being exactly on the intersection of the 30 degree logitude and 30 degree attitude lines (which they aren't, by the way). The point that people I know who went ga-ga over this is that the longitude lines where arbitrarily set in the
    18th century and arbitrarily Greenwich, England was made 0 degree.

Don't forget that the solution Bramley offers at the end of the book is for God to return and stop the third-partying between humans and space aliens.
    Bramley is nuts.

The Anabaptist Jacques

11. Magoo

Magoo Gold Meritorious Patron

Yup------I remember the big flap on this happening at Flag.

I never saw the SP Declare, but we were just told it's "out ethics to read
    it as it's filled with entheta"

Once again, Scientology (C of $) proves their "Religion" is anti:
    EVALUATION
    CONFRONT
    COMMUNICATION
    AND FREE THOUGHT

Thank God I'm OUT of there~~~!!! :happydance:

Tory/Magoo

12. corella

corella Guest

13. cakemaker

cakemaker Patron Meritorious

gods of eden issue

From an old ARS post:

E X E C U T I V E D I R E C T I V E

SO ED 4577 INT
    2 June 1995

TO:ALL HASes/LRH COMMS ALL DSAs

INFO:CMO INT
    EXEC STRATA
    FLAG@ COMMAND BUREAUX
    FLAG BUREAUX
    CONT LIAISON OFFICES
    FLAG OPERATION LIAISON OFFICES MISSIONS

RE: THE GODS OF EDEN

Refs:
    HCOTM PL 7 Feb 65RKEEPING SCIENTOLOGY WORKING
    HCO PL 23 Dec 65RBSUPPRESSIVE ACTS, SUPPRESSION OF
    Rev. 8.1.91SCIENTOLOGY AND SCIENTOLOGISTS
    HCO PL 14 Feb 65SAFEGUARDING TECHNOLOGY

There have been reports that a book entitled THE GODS OF EDEN, which contains off-beat materials, was being read and promoted by a few Scientologists who were not fully informed about the materials or the author.

This book includes data and concepts taken from Scientology materials without authorization such as conditions, the third party law and religion with graduated steps.

The author, William Bramley, whose real name is Tore Dahlin, is an ex-Scientologist and former staff member. Dahlin was also a member of a declared suppressive squirrel group for over 2 years and admitted to being in Scientology for the purpose of obtaining information from the Church to give it to the squirrel group.

He has a track of destructive behavior, causing entu@bulation by spreading false and electrifying information on Church lines for which he was previously labelled PTS Type III.

Dahlin requested to be removed from staff because,. in his own words, he was "insane and a danger to the group" and had evil intentions towards fellow Scientologists and staff members.

He then left Scientology in the early 1980s as real Scientologists wouldn't let him carry on spreading his electrifying activities and information to other Scientologists.

In March 1994, over a decade after leaving the Church, he wrote and distributed a disavowal of the Church of Scientology in which he attempted to spread further entheta and false information. In HCO PL 23 December 196SRB, Rev. 8 January 1991, SUPPRESSIVE ACTS, SUPPRESSION OF SCIENTOLOGY AND SCIENTOLOGISTS, LRH states: "Such suppressive acts. Include: ... Public disavowal of Scientology or Scientologists in good standing with Scientology organizations.

In HCO PL 7 February 1965, KEEPING SCIENTOLOGY WORKING, LRH states: "I recall one student who was squirreling on an Academy course and running a lot of offbeat whole track on other students after course hours. The Academy students were in a state of electrification on all these new experiences and weren't quickly brought under control, and the student himself never was given the works on Seven, Eight, Nine and Ten so they stuck. Subsequently, this student prevented another squirrel from being straightened out and his wife died of cancer resulting from physical abuse. A ha=d, tough Instructor at that moment could have salvaged two squirrel and saved the life of a gl:cl. But no, students had the right to do whatever they pleased."

If you run across this book or a Scientologist who is reading it or promoting it, alert the International Justice Chief and ensure that the person is routed to the Cramming officer of his or her org and crammed/hatted on HCO PL 14 February 1965, SAFEGUARDING TECHNOLOGY and HCO PL 7 February 1965, KEEPING SCIENTOLOGY WORKING.

INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE CHIEF

Authorized by
    AVC INTERNATIONAL

CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY
    INTERNATIONAL
    CSI:AVCI:SEP:Sak

14. corella

corella Guest

15. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

:hifive: Thank YOU and :welcome2: cakemaker! :thumbsup:

16. Tiger Lily

Tiger Lily Gold Meritorious Patron

Wow thanks cakemaker!!

I just had to highlight this line -- so now whenever somebody talks about 2 different people about each other that's Scientology's domain!!!??? Teenaged girls have been doing that to each other for eons.

So any mention of a religion with graduated steps is squirreled Scientology? What about the freemasons?

Holy cow! This just shows the incredible level of arrogance!

:no: TL

17. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

truthaboutscientology.org has Tore Dahlin as Clear no. 11,774, but no other information than that.

Nothing comes up on "William Bramley".

18. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

Yeah, these type of books are "interesting" and crazy.

Just curious... what are your thoughts on the books by Zecharia Sitchin and the books by Whitley Schrieber?

19. I don't know Schreiber. I haven't read Sitchin but I had a few friends that discussed them with me. I think he's crazy too.

The Anabaptist Jacques