ESMB is now closed to new registrations. Please go to www.exscn2.net and register there.

The Illiterates of Scientology

Discussion in 'Mike Rinders Blog' started by RSS Feed, Aug 6, 2019.

View Users: View Users
  1. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

Absolutely right. Why offer training and processing when you can simply sell meaningless 'Status' like 'Gold Meritorious Blockhead' to these so-called whales who have far more money than sense, and use the proceeds to invest in Real Estate.

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

This was the old Research Building for the Cedars of Lebanon Hospital. It's where they did experiments on live animals. One of the first things Hubbard had crews do was meticulously clean the insides of the ducts. One story from the crews is that they found a desiccated dead dog in the Research Building ducts which had apparently tried to escape. And now it's IAS. That actually kind of works for me.

• LOL LOL x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • List
  3. Emma

Emma Con te partirĂ² Administrator

KTL & LOC were a ginormous waste of time from what I could see. We had a couple of staff away for months doing these courses and learning to supervise them and all that really resulted was a fancy fat dictionary of small words. There was this hush of reverence around these courses. It was ridiculous.

I'm gobsmacked at this news of no Red or Green Vols in Orgs or for sale. That's like taking Matthew, Mark, Luke & John out of a Christian bible. I mean the entirety of "If it's not written it isn't true" hangs on those oversized door stops. Usually they sell books KNOWING THEY ARE BEING REPLACED to some dupe at a reduced price. This is really weird.

• Thanks Thanks x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  4. Gib

Gib Crusader

I'm totally happy they aren't for sale, although one can still buy them on Ebay.

5. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

A scientologist who buys books from anywhere but an org bookstore, will go straight to Ethics.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  6. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

No green or red volumes. What about post hat packs containing HCOPLs and HCOBs -- do these still exist?

What about cramming? What does the Cram Off cram people on? Or are Gack II auditors so perfect they couldn't possibly need correction?

Are mimeo files coming back into use? (Joking)

Is this the Dwarf's defence against the current lawsuits, to say ALL Hubbard tech/policy, especially the gnarly bits, is "old and not used any more"?

Paul

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Emma

Emma Con te partirĂ² Administrator

I have the same question. I just can't see how this can be true. How can they exist without green or red vols?

8. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

Perhaps they have also made a rule that all hat packs (or any scio materials containing red or green) are to remain in the orgs at all times and remain the property of the cofs?

It won't work of course because anyone wanting to expose that stuff to the world will do so one way or another anyway.

• Like Like x 3
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  9. TheOriginalBigBlue

You bring up another interesting point. Everyone is going digital. I can find manuals for just about anything on the net. But I have never heard of the HCOPLs and HCOBs being made available to staff or anyone in an easily searchable and transferable digital format. It's like not having them scanned and easy to use is what they want.

I think they must be terrified of broad distribution of everything, especially the policy letters. Notice they only push Dianetics and The Way to Happiness for public consumption and not A History of Man. That's because they expect that if you are buying this in a bookstore they have a reg there to steer you toward books that are "appropriate for your reality level" and onto courses that get you into an indoctrination loop.

It is amazing how much material I can find online to paste into posts here but it is still very difficult to find a lot of stuff. Imagine if any of us could use a complete set of OCR readable PDFs that could be cut and pasted without even using screen captures. Or whole sets of Flag and Base Orders, etc.

There might have been a time when Hubbard or Miscavige may have thought that could be a good thing. If they were serious about clearing the planet then making all this available cheaper for the unwashed masses on CDs or even subscription downloads would be a no-brainer. But I think we have taught them that eventually everything they do and say will be put on the net so maintaining a deliberate Luddite approach to material use and distribution has become a de facto policy in itself.

10. TheOriginalBigBlue

As I recall, even in the 70s they didn't let people route out of the Sea Org with written material including policies that were available to the public in green vols that were sold in bookstores. They surely must include questions about this in leaving sec-checks.

11. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

In 1990, at FCB level (FB, ITO, WISE etc), I was able to access SIR (Source Information Retrieval) on the internal INCOMM computer system as could almost all the staff at that level. This level had access to about 10 libraries, namely all non-restricted HCOBs, HCOPLs, Flag Orders, LRH books, LRH EDs, several hundred taped lectures, etc. This was all electronically searchable by word/phrase, title etc. It was really nifty. There were other apps available on this system (word processing, messaging, etc) too.

Higher up the food chain (Int level etc) had access to more libraries, like CineEDs, restricted HCOPLs etc.

Maybe the general libraries (PLs etc) became accessible to lower echelons (FOLOs/CLOs, Class V orgs) as time went by and new computer systems got far cheaper.

The only soft copies I heard of available to public were for the Management Series volumes, not PLs generally.

Paul

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. Karen#1

Karen#1 Gold Meritorious Patron

It isn't what I say.
    It's that Bridge Publications no longer sells them

Call and ask the sales agents. Ask why no longer available

https://www.bridgepub.com/store/

Call and ask them.
    The volumes are no longer there or for sale.

Bridge Publications, Inc.

5600 E. Olympic Blvd.
    Los Angeles, CA 90022
    Tel: (323) 888-6200
    Toll-free: 1-800-722-1733
    Fax: (323) 888-6210
    info@bridgepub.com

13. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

I think the r-factor may be slightly different:

HUBBARD COMMUNICATIONS OFFICE
    Saint Hill Manor, East Grinstead, Sussex

HCO Policy Letter of 21 October 1968 2018

CANCELLATION OF FAIR GAME ALL HCOBS AND POLICIES

The practice of declaring people FAIR GAME referring to written policies and bulletins will cease.

FAIR GAME HCOBs and HCOPLs may not appear on any Ethics Order in any course room or org. It causes bad public relations.

This P/L does not cancel any policy on the treatment or handling of an SP application of standard admin/tech scripture.

L. RON HUBBARD
    Copyright- Founder
    by L. Ron Hubbard
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

14. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Gold Meritorious Patron

That...

Appears to be the point...

15. Enthetan

I've occasionally heard mention of the SIR computer system, where you can look up LRH orders, telexes, etc. I guess they could expand that. Don't know if they have.

From New Era of Mismanagement at scientology-cult.com:
    I went thru an extensive FDSing cyle at ITO whileon my OEC training in 1992 attempting to resolve this using the ito SIR computer to locate the issue which was there.

I will not give you a discription of the issue here as that would be unfair and improper. I will tell you this that the pl 26 jan 69 is not an LRH pl and the best ref for folloowing is the HCO pl Compliance how to get.I will tell you that one of the points LRH made in the eval was that having the person with the target put together evidence of target comletion was found to be DEV-t for them and often took more time to do than the target itself and it only took a note saying it was done. Verification was the hat of the program operator.(Like LRHcomm,etc who had the program to run.​

16. TheOriginalBigBlue

We expect corporations, or religious mafias, to have an internal administrative database for authorized people with user IDs and passwords for their respective confidentiality level. I don't think we have seen where there were significant downloads from this that were put on the net so their security must be sufficient to prevent that plus, except for the Valentines Day Massacre incident, INCOMM is a closed system as I understand.

I didn't know the Management Series was made available to the public on CD. I had my own set of vols and never thought about it but back in 2013 it was here:

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/co...in-tech-electronic-index-and-materials.52188/

It seems the links are all dead so guessing the COS scrubbed it.

My main point is that even the stuff that was available to the public in the green vols seems to be highly restricted now. I don't think it has been available on cd in any form for a very long time. If it was so great and necessary to expand Scientology, clear the planet and for any business or WISE clients then why not make it easily available to everyone in the original policy letter formats? It should be free online in every language?

Answer: It's a PR and legal disaster waiting to happen.

17. Enthetan

If policy is not available to the general public, then it's much harder for them to point to an HCOPL and say an order or action is off-policy, or an HCOB to say something is out-tech.

Perhaps that's the point.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  18. TheOriginalBigBlue

Use a blocked number and don't give them your contact info if you do or they will harass you to buy stuff, for like, ever.

19. TheOriginalBigBlue

I absolutely agree that having a public that is knowledgeable about internal policy does not work in their favor.

When I first got involved I had completed the Comm Course and put a lot of money down for books. At one point I asked the ED to use my book money for courses. He told me that he couldn't because they were separate accounts and it was too complicated to explain but it's all in there...pointing to the two foot stack of green vols.

If only then I knew that I would be reading the whole set cover to cover, some several times, and later after I was in the Sea Org and very well connected I got him to outright refund the whole thing. In the end it wasn't about the policy at all - it was about who I knew.

20. PirateAndBum

PirateAndBum Gold Meritorious Patron