ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

The Little Thread Which Grew - the Apollo '73 to Everything But

Discussion in 'Stories From Inside Scientology' started by lkwdblds, Feb 28, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maria Cuervo

Maria Cuervo Gold Meritorious Patron

Re: The old days - Aboard the Apollo - 1973

I did not want the pc to know what command to expect because they were usually already hammered by the same repetitive commands given in a worried atmosphere over and over. So generally my attitude was involved with being there for the pc, not caring if they f/nd. I would often get them happy before even looking at the dial or picking up cans.

2. Maria Cuervo

But that is not the story of being at the cc. Will get to that later, sorry.

3. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

Was that after The Manor became Celebrity Center?
    I don't remember when that change occured.

(I had a room with roommates when I was staying at The Manor while doing courses at old ASHO on Temple street.)

4. lkwdblds

lkwdblds Crusader

On the declares issue, I am pretty sure that copies of one's declare are not sent out to the individual anymore. The LRH policy was to do that and I don't think (but am not sure) that LRH wrote anything to alter that before he died. I believe that in some cases, those written declares were libelous, especially if there were falsehoods in them, which was probably true in most cases. CoS was sending these to a person's employer, often causing the person to lose his job. Probably, some people hired lawyers and sued CoS for libel. It is easy to imagine a court ruling against C of S and awarding damages to a former parishioner who had become declared a Suppressive Person and was then fired.

As I say, that is just speculation on my part, maybe someone knows more about that topic; if anyone knows more, please post it here.

One thing I am certain of is my own case. I quietly drifted off lines around 2001 on a medical leave and never went back. I was not declared suppressive for over a decade! Fast forward to late 2011 or early 2012 and I get an email from some twit who I used to be good friends with back in the 80's and 90's. His initials are B.G.. This dickhead was surfing Facebook. He and his wife, both very active in CoS for decades got divorced after 41 years of marriage. B.G. seemed to be lonely and was trying to find his old friends on Facebook, first he contacted my ex wife and tried to arrange a luncheon with her. She doesn't think much of him and politely turned him down. She told me about this. A few days later, he emailed me and tells me that he lives only about 4 miles from me, asks me what Scio course I am on, and asks if I would like to get together for lunch.

As has been my pattern, all my life, instead of telling him that I am too busy to see him, or making up some excuse such as that, I decided to be truthful so I told him that I would be willing to meet him for lunch but I tell him further that I left CoS years ago and am actively reading the internet and writing articles about CoS on it, some of them speaking out against current CoS management. I tell him that the choice is his, if he still wants to go to lunch after receiving this news, I am willing.

His response was to turn icy cold. He wrote that he would be turning in my name to my local Org and also to the International Justice Chief. He said that I had a certain amount of hours to get to the IJC and start doing an ethics program there or else he would have the Ethics Officer at my local Org have me declared a Suppressive Person. In closing his email, he said that "I had already made the choice never to see him again when I wrote negatively about CoS on the internet."

About 3 months later, he contacted my ex wife and told her that he was at my local Org recently and he saw a Goldenrod posted in the Ethics office declaring me a suppressive person for writing negatively about CoS on the internet. He told my ex that she must never talk to me again or he would have her declared as well.

I talked to various people to see if there was any way that my suppressive declare could be verified. I believe there is an internet site called the "Indy 500" or some such and it contains the names of most people who have spoken out against scientology on the internet. In a little blurb about each person, it mentions whether or not the person has been declared suppressive. I went there and found my name and it did say that I was declared suppressive.

At first, I was a little annoyed with that but then changed my mind. Really, it is a badge of honor in that it shows the public and the person himself or herself that they are not total robots, worshiping at the altar of DM. If a label applies to you, why not wear it proudly?

In summary, Mer, you should check it out on line to see if you are officially declared. The CoS no longer sends you your declare as LRH policy mandated. Not only that, they are supposed to hold a Committee of Evidence to see if a person deserves to be declared and the person himself is supposed to be there and be able to argue why he or she should not be declared. That no longer exists either. As is so common in CoS, the management chooses not to follow their own policies. Despite that, they are quick to declare anyone who doesn't toe their "party line" as a suppressive person.
    Lakey

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  5. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Thanks for clarifying this, Mer. I believe you.

Sorry, I didn't notice straight away that you were new, or else I would have said welcome first.

So, please, a belated :welcome2: to you!

Welcome to ESMB.

6. Maria Cuervo

Wow. What a ride! I will write some more of my adventures too. I am one finger typing so details will follow. (I am on east coast so shut my desktop down a while ago and am in bed.) Do you mind I am doing that on your thread. Just like it here. What can I say:)

does cos have a page where I can check for my declare?

7. Maria Cuervo

:) I really have stories and hope Lakey does not mind my parking some here. It feels like a lounge in here and everyone is nice. For some reason I feel welcome. For a long long time I had no contact with anyone after cos had me bombarded with letters from both AAC and cos. So I just returned to being a wog.

I have been reading lakeys stories!!!!! Wow Lakey. You are really swell. I like that over the years and especially on the ship you did try to stick up for yourself. :)

8. Maria Cuervo

Just realized your thread is thousands of pages. You've written a few volumes here folks!!

9. Leland

Leland Crusader

Yes, this is a famous thread. The longest running thread on ESMB....I've believe.

10. Leland

Leland Crusader

Mer, I noticed you said you worked on the pilot for the Sunshine Rundown....interesting.

I believe I did it around 1981 or maybe 82......

It was kind of odd......I did my Sunshine Rundown, at night. There was no sun....but a big moon was out that night...

:ohmy:

Edit: Could you tell me if that factor....was ever taken into consideration?

LOL...just kidding with you....no big deal...

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  11. Maria Cuervo

Re: I love the Titanic analogy.

If dm was at all brave, he would hire you to assemble a list of the still living and willing and able stars (well known staff) who everyone loves and arrange them in an org board. Then he would bequeath it all to them to fix, and quit/retire. The new team could cancel most if not all declares, offer all the oldies to come and man the orgs and blow away the media when scn had a new burst of creativity. In fact, how do you visualize the org board? Who could take what posts to replace the current execs? Yes, I Am not even up to page 20 of this thread, but am determined to read it. :)

12. lkwdblds

lkwdblds Crusader

I don't believe they have an official CoS site showing all the declares. Why is that, you might ask? Just think about it, Mer. Hint, look at the topic of PUBLIC RELATIONS It they published such a page, what would that do for their PUBLIC RELATIONS. As is sometimes said on ESMB, there are more scientologists out of the "church" than there are still in the church! This applies to public people, staff members and Sea Org members!

For a group which is claiming that their technology works on everyone, except for Suppressive Persons, and when combined with their LRH tech datum that only 2 1/2% of the population is suppressive, if they were to publish a list of former scios who have been declared suppressive, it would rip a gigantic hole in many of the "shore stories" which they are promoting as thruths at any given time.

For example, a few years back, they were promoting that once every Org gets to Saint Hill Org size (as St. Hill existed in the early 1960's) then the levels OT IX and OT X would be released. Looking at the old staff list from St Hill around 1965, we find about 200 to 250 staff members were on staff but about 97.5% of them have been declared Suppressive! Just think about it, of that Org which had such extremely high stats and had LRH at the helm, leading it, only 2.5% are now deemed to be social personalities. All the rest have been declared suppressive!!!

If this fact were well known, just think of what holes it would rip on their PROMO stories. Therefore, as I told you before, just go to the site called the "Indy 500" and you will have the info you are looking for. If you don't land on that site, just use the Google search engine to locate various lists of declared suppressive persons.

Mer, of course I don't mind if you write your story here. There's just so much old stuff that people such as CO2 and I can write about ex scientology. We are starting to run out of mateiral and your appearance here has breathed new life into the thread. Please posts your story here.

We appreciate your comments about the thread being a friendly haven where all well meaning people are welcome. Both CO2 and I committed ourselves to this approach back in 2009 when, at CO2's urging, we agreed to expand my personal story into an ongoing thread. We shot for 39,000 hits and 10th place on the list of the most popular ESMB threads. Nowadays it takes us about 2 to 3 weeks to pick up 39,000 hits.
    Lakey

13. Maria Cuervo

I don't know because I was often in a dark basement room surrounded by folders, following Mayo's instructions as to how to C/S it and audit it. I was in the dark too. LOL. I do remember the mess hall. I think this was at the ranch or whatever they called that place, not in LA. Yes, the pilot.

14. Maria Cuervo

Just think, if they had been more open source about things, more caring and loose about judging everyone, just think how HUGE it would be and how few people would have blown. Also they got greedy. The prices were just evil. I have sad memories of pcs losing all they had because of that.

I think I found the Indy 500.

15. Maria Cuervo

http://www.lermanet.com/scientologyscandals/declared-SP-list.txt
    I AM on this SP declare list (Maria McCord). Heck I was declared 1 year + before David Mayo's first declare. It is not my current name but was then.

16. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

Congratulations!:goodjob:

It's a pity you didn't get your Goldenrod to show your friends.

Mine is one of my most treasured possessions.:thumbsup:

17. lkwdblds

lkwdblds Crusader

Re: I love the Titanic analogy.

Well, it's nice to receive compliments, Mer, and I appreciate the kind words but you've got the wrong guy to take on such a job. There are others out in the field doing much more to fight scientology abuses than I have done.

The list starts with Tory, aka "McGoo", and includes such luminaries as Mike Rinder, Karen Dela Carriere, Mark Bunker, Tony Ortega and Chris Shelton, who I mentioned yesterday.

I see videos of Tory and Mark out there picketing at Big Blue in L.A. or some other Scientology location and I know that I haven't got the guts to do what they are doing. In the field of commentary, I am pretty excited about Chris Shelton, whom I only recently started listening to. I like the way he thinks and observes things and reaches conclusions.

Here is a sample of one of his many videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOH0ur9zvUc&index=15&list=UUF326xyA0QHI7Z5xAwKQDJg

My God, I'm 75 years old now. My mind is still as sharp as when I was 25, probably much sharper and my body is still strong and reasonably healthy but i haven't got the stomach now to take on CoS as my primary activity in life.

I still like my L.A. Angels baseball team, my L.A. Lakers and L.A. Clippers basketball, college football and my passion is my love for classical music plus an expanding appreciation for many other forms of music. I care more about how my kids are doing in life than I care about reforming CoS in opposition to their fierce determination not to change.

Your kind words are greatly appreciated by me. I would do such a job if I was hired to do it at a good salary but the trouble is that I have lost touch with who the good, competent and honest staff members are at this time. The execs whom I liked in the old days are mostly retired now or dead and I haven't been in any Org since 2002 so I have no idea which staff would be useful in launching a reformation of CoS. One thing, if I ever worked for CoS, I would insist that it be from home. There is no way in hell that I would ever set foot in an Org, knowing what I now know about how previous top execs have been treated.

Maybe the best person who DM could hire, if he ever decided to remake CoS is Chris Shelton. To show you why, here is one of his videos:

Lakey

18. Re: The old days - Aboard the Apollo - 1973

did you catch the super bowl lakey?

19. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

More to the point, there's an old HCOPL in OEC vol 1 (I'll see if I can dig it out) which says that if you're in a situation where lots and lots of people are being declared, well in excess of the 2.5% figure, then you are to examine the person doing the declares.

This could be embarrassing for Int Management.

20. Maria Cuervo

Ok. So I am gearing up to write my story in parts. What I wrote so far was a bit of a summary.
    Thank you for sharing this space with me!

I hope I can post part 1 either tonight or tomorrow and go from there. :)
    I can't think of a better place to post!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.