What's new

The Little Thread Which Grew - the Apollo '73 to Everything But

Status
Not open for further replies.

lkwdblds

Crusader
"Joe sent me"

I don't know Hector Carmona, but it doesn't take a genius to figure if he was at Chris and Nancy's, somebody has his contact info. Scientologists are naturally good at communicating and staying connected to their friends.

Pam is about 65 or a tad older. She used to sing in the bathrooms, or actually, just any old place she'd happen to be. She is one warm individual. I remember one time she did an exam on a PC of mine, where between the end of session (F/N) and the exam, he had been scared by a car. She just looked at him with her warm eyes, and his needle floated.

There are parties where exes, freezoners, and Scios all come and play, but they are by invitation only. It's pretty much like gays in the military - don't ask, don't tell. Talk bout fragile realities is avoided - tacitly avoided by all concerned. Mainly they happen around Glendale.

Nobody is going to advertise a party such as you describe on the internet. OSA would be taking names and license numbers.

You've got to know somebody, I mean - really know somebody to get invited. Pretty much like bootleggers during Prohibition.

My advice -get reconnected with your friends (Scio, ex, and freezone) - learn the tacit rules. If you find who you're looking for, don't broadcast it.

Thanks for stating the rules! I came up with this funny picture from the movies about the speakeasy and bootlegger period during prohibition. A guy shows up in Glendale, and goes around to a back door off of an alley and knocks on the door, someone slides a small panel in the door open and the guy says "Joe sent me" and mysteriously, the door opens for him. Its very interesting that active Scios will mix with ex and freezoners on a "Don't ask, don't tell basis" It shows that old timers are willing to accept one another, even at the risk of being declared and "losing their eternity" if the security provisions are secure enough. To carry the movie analogy further, there would always be the threat of someone analogous to Eliot Ness of the Untouchables bursting in and yelling, "OSA, This is a raid, Get out your driver's licenses and ID cards, we are taking names."

Speaking of "losing ones eternity", I for one have zero fear of that happening. I do not believe there is the slightest chance of attaining eternity from an Organization operating at the tone level of Controlling Bodies or some harmonic of that tone and enforcing compliance to its dictates through fear and intimidation. If a person cannot see that as the case, they are too blind to experience the "fruits of observation" and their "eternity" is already lost to them! Their only chance to reach their goal is to immediately cut free from such a group and seek out a much higher toned group. Ah yes, but that is the theme for another thread!
Lakey

Blue Spirit

Silver Meritorious Patron
Conclusion Agreed On

Speaking of "losing ones eternity", I for one have zero fear of that happening. I do not believe there is the slightest chance of attaining eternity from an Organization operating at the tone level of Controlling Bodies or some harmonic of that tone and enforcing compliance to its dictates through fear and intimidation. If a person cannot see that as the case, they are too blind to experience the "fruits of observation" and their "eternity" is already lost to them! Their only chance to reach their goal is to immediately cut free from such a group and seek out a much higher toned group. Ah yes, but that is the theme for another thread!
Lakey

I also came up with the same conclusion myself a while back.

One doesn't go free by agreeing propitiously with low tone beings at enforcement on the CDEI scale ! :duh:

lkwdblds

Crusader
What a cute name for a dog - Schwartz!

I would say, when the mood hits, the time is right.

I remember Charlie Rush driving his VW van down the freeway with a friend and I fucking our brains out over the engine, in the back window.

There was a party where Shelley Gerber was getting it on with someone on the living room floor, and his dog, Schwartz came up behind him and started licking his butt. Everybody cracked up.

At that time, the rules had been thrown out. There were a lot of horny dogs in the kennel. Alan Walter had two girl friends at one time. Couples made out on the spur of the moment, even if they were married to others. It wasn't that big of a withhold to get off to a regular partner or spouse.

I can't stop smiling over naming a dog Schwartz, was it named in honor of Gretchen or Fred? I know Gretchen just recently passed on so I do not want to be disrespectful, just curious.

I remember Alan Walters had a keen eye for the young "chickies" when he was hanging out at CCLA and attending Opinion Leader Meetings in 1973. At the time, I was only 33 and I remember Alan looking much older than me, maybe about 12 to 15 years older. Do you know how old he was at his death? If my guess was correct, he would have been between 81 and 84. I haven't read very much of Alan's writings since I joined ESMB but judging from what many cool people such as Roger B. and Dart Smohen have to say about him, he must have been very dynamic. I want to pay my respects to him at his passing. I am going to read some of his material as a token of my respect to the help and good advice he gave me in Sacramento in 1974, the last time I had any contact with him

lkwdblds

Crusader
What a cute name for a dog - Schwartz!

I remember Charlie Rush driving his VW van down the freeway with a friend and I fucking our brains out over the engine, in the back window.

There was a party where Shelley Gerber was getting it on with someone on the living room floor, and his dog, Schwartz came up behind him and started licking his butt. Everybody cracked up.

At that time, the rules had been thrown out. There were a lot of horny dogs in the kennel. Alan Walter had two girl friends at one time. Couples made out on the spur of the moment, even if they were married to others. It wasn't that big of a withhold to get off to a regular partner or spouse.

I can't stop smiling over naming a dog Schwartz, was it named in honor of Gretchen or Fred? I know Gretchen just recently passed on so I do not want to be disrespectful, just curious.

Good old Charlie Rush, later of the Apollo All Stars musical group. As I recall, Charlie and Ken Wasserman twinned on study for quite a while. I believe, but am not sure, that both were training to be course supervisors. Ken went on to be very popular as the HQS Course Supervisor and I believe Charlie also did some Course Supervising. Ken made a terrific course supervisor and at one time, in 1973 they had 100 people taking HQS!! The problem was that many newbies signed up for HAS for $50 and then HQS for about $100 but after that the services became more costly and required more commitment and time from people and very few went on beyond HQS. I remember they had Executive Meetings with Yvonne and Irene talking about this phenomena. Ken Wasserman's name was brought up as to being so successful with his HQS course and he was contacted about writing up his successful actions but try as they might, a very low percentage of newbies continued on past HQS (A wild assed guess is maybe 1 in 20 or 5%).

A STUPID INSIDE JOKE BETWEEN KEN WASSERMAN AND ME. Prior to joining the Sea Org, Ken and I both watched pro wrestling on TV. There was this masked wrestler from Chicago called the Destroyer who talked with a Chicago accent and in all his TV interviews he offered $10,000 to anyone who could break his "FIgure 4 Leg Lock" which was his submission hold. I had his Chicago accent and his voice down pat, in the manner of Rich Little, and I recited his claim about paying $10,000 to anyone would could break his hold. In the late 80's and early 90's I would often run into Ken at the AOLA NOTS waiting room and he always made me repeat the Destoyers challenge with my Chicago accent. If any of his friends were in the waiting room, he made me do it for them.

A STUPID INSIDE JOKE BETWEEN BOB MITHOFF AND ME
Another inside joke between me and Bob Mithoff. Every morning when we mustered for exercise before breakfast a role call was taken. One of our better known staff members, Henry Baumgard, the book store officer would always answer roll call with an "Aye Sir, Steward." Henry would then leave and help set up for breakfast instead of doing the calisthenics with the rest of us. Bob and I started saying, "Aye Sir Steward!" every time we passed each other walking on the street or inside the Org. This went on for months. Henry didn't know about it but one day he heard us doing it and we clued him in. Around 1992 I had not seen Bob Mitthoff for over 10 years and ran into him on the stairs at AOLA and we both simultaneously said our old greeting.

I remember Alan Walters had a keen eye for the young "chickies" when he was hanging out at CCLA and attending Opinion Leader Meetings in 1973. At the time, I was only 33 and I remember Alan looking much older than me, maybe about 12 to 15 years older. Do you know how old he was at his death? If my guess was correct, he would have been between 81 and 84. I haven't read very much of Alan's writings since I joined ESMB but judging from what many cool people such as Roger B. and Dart Smohen have to say about him, he must have been very dynamic. I want to pay my respects to him at his passing. I am going to read some of his material as a token of my respect to the help and good advice he gave me in Sacramento in 1974, the last time I had any contact with him

Last edited:

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron

Sounds like fun. But, twasn't just the scientology influence. I'd say there was a perfect storm of

1) location: California, 'nuff said on that,

2) time: late '60s, early '70s, and finally,

3) scientology of the day when freedom and expansion seemed to be the focus.

:coolwink:

I can't stop smiling over naming a dog Schwartz, was it named in honor of Gretchen or Fred?
I remember Alan Walters had a keen eye for the young "chickies" when he was hanging out at CCLA and attending Opinion Leader Meetings in 1973. At the time, I was only 33 and I remember Alan looking much older than me, maybe about 12 to 15 years older. Do you know how old he was at his death? If my guess was correct, he would have been between 81 and 84.

Schwartz means black. Schwartz, the dog, was black in color.

If I recall correctly, Alan was born in 1932.

Sounds like fun. But, twasn't just the scientology influence. I'd say there was a perfect storm of

1) location: California, 'nuff said on that,

2) time: late '60s, early '70s, and finally,

3) scientology of the day when freedom and expansion seemed to be the focus.

:coolwink:

Ted,
Do you mean that I shouldn't have written that up as success story using LRH tech?

I was hoping that it would be published as an OT win.

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ted,
Do you mean that I shouldn't have written that up as success story using LRH tech?

I was hoping that it would be published as an OT win.

ACW's observation of setups represents a missing, vital element in HubTech.

The expansion of scientology in the '70s was in no small way setup by John, Paul, George, and Ringo. Also, Donovan, the Stones, the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, hippy convergence on Haight Ashbury, the Vietnam war, Woodstock, dirty politics, drug use, and more. Just imagine, without all that drug use there would be a limited need for a drug rundown! Man, that would have cut drastically into the GI.

Scientology didn't just happen no matter how great L. Ron Hubbard was or said he was. Stats were up in the '70s because many of us were propelled in that direction with forces that had nothing to do with scientology singlehandedly causing its stats and conditions. LRH offered hope and change. Gee where have I heard that mantra recently? None of the hope and change would have come about in a big way without the setups. None of it would have happened without the involvement of a lot of people of good will.

Okay, enough of that. Sorry. You can have your win while I keep my big mouth shut. Looks like a case of high speed ARC to me. We all should be so lucky at one time or another. I mean, we all should be so causative as to get laid any time, anywhere. Maybe that should be a level on the bridge. SO members are particularly well set up for the rundown. :coolwink:

lkwdblds

Crusader
Question for Ted

Ted -
While its true that the explosion of drugs onto the scene created a huge need for drug rundowns to be sold and caused them to require lots of instensives of auditing, isn't the rise of heavy drug usage a 2 edged sword. In the 90's at my local Org in Orange County California, local and international management were both complaining about such a high percentage of people out on the streets being heavy drug users which made them illegal pc's and disqualified them from joining the Sea Org?

I agree that the Beatles, the Stones and all the groups and individuals which you mentioned did create an environment conducive for a movement such as Scientology to grow and expand and the dedicated staffs, working their butts off for virtually no money in the belief that Scientology was mankind's last hope was probably the biggest factor of all. Those people, ourselves included, were working flat out overcoming impossible obstacles believing that LRH had given us this last chance to go free and we owe it to him to support him when in actuality he was working for his own grandisement and had us all tricked into believing his was "Source" while in actuality his agenda was something completely contrary to what we believed it was and to the agenda that motivated us.
Lakey

lkwdblds

Crusader
Question for Ted

Ted -
While its true that the explosion of drugs onto the scene created a huge need for drug rundowns to be sold and caused them to require lots of instensives of auditing, isn't the rise of heavy drug usage a 2 edged sword. In the 90's at my local Org in Orange County California, local and international management were both complaining about such a high percentage of people out on the streets being heavy drug users which made them illegal pc's and disqualified them from joining the Sea Org?

I agree that the Beatles, the Stones and all the groups and individuals which you mentioned did create an environment conducive for a movement such as Scientology to grow and expand and the dedicated staffs, working their butts off for virtually no money in the belief that Scientology was mankind's last hope was probably the biggest factor of all. Those people, ourselves included, were working flat out overcoming impossible obstacles believing that LRH had given us this last chance to go free and we owed it to him to support him when in actuality he was working for his own grandisement and had us all tricked into believing his was "Source" while in actuality his agenda was something completely contrary to what we believed it was and to the agenda that motivated us.
Lakey

ACW's observation of setups represents a missing, vital element in HubTech.

The expansion of scientology in the '70s was in no small way setup by John, Paul, George, and Ringo. Also, Donovan, the Stones, the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, hippy convergence on Haight Ashbury, the Vietnam war, Woodstock, dirty politics, drug use, and more. Just imagine, without all that drug use there would be a limited need for a drug rundown! Man, that would have cut drastically into the GI.

Scientology didn't just happen no matter how great L. Ron Hubbard was or said he was. Stats were up in the '70s because many of us were propelled in that direction with forces that had nothing to do with scientology singlehandedly causing its stats and conditions. LRH offered hope and change. Gee where have I heard that mantra recently? None of the hope and change would have come about in a big way without the setups. None of it would have happened without the involvement of a lot of people of good will.

Okay, enough of that. Sorry. You can have your win while I keep my big mouth shut. Looks like a case of high speed ARC to me. We all should be so lucky at one time or another. I mean, we all should be so causative as to get laid any time, anywhere. Maybe that should be a level on the bridge. SO members are particularly well set up for the rundown. :coolwink:

I was kidding. It wasn't a win. It was a description of a slice of life from the Scientology culture I knew in the late 60s, early to mid 70s. To some extent it was the California culture also. Hot tubs and beaches didn't have signs reading " nude bathing only for Scientologists"

The portion of the sexual revolution that I gave sci some credit for was the freedom gained from auditing. I had friends, who after auditing, were willing to, and / or got jobs stripping because the money was so good. The shy shrinking violet type girl did not exist in sci. Education and communication and upgrading sexual abilities all had to do with increased living outside the box.

I remember ACW talking about going exterior and checking out a girl he knew taking a shower. What boy wouldn't want to go OT and go exterior and do just that?

The safety of being unclothed with partners, who were, like you, uptone, high purposed, and horny was a winning combination. Fantasies for both sexes and for gay or straight became normal activities. If you could imagine it, you could have and live it.

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ted -

I agree that the Beatles, the Stones and all the groups and individuals which you mentioned did create an environment conducive for a movement such as Scientology to grow and expand and the dedicated staffs, working their butts off for virtually no money in the belief that Scientology was mankind's last hope was probably the biggest factor of all. Those people, ourselves included, were working flat out overcoming impossible obstacles believing that LRH had given us this last chance to go free and we owed it to him to support him when in actuality he was working for his own grandisement and had us all tricked into believing his was "Source" while in actuality his agenda was something completely contrary to what we believed it was and to the agenda that motivated us.
Lakey

In scientology-world, drugs do not an illegal pc make. Having taken LSD makes one ineligible to join the SO. Are there other orders and considerations today? I do not know. But if a person is getting hammered to join, there's your excuse. Just tell the recruiters you have taken LSD.

I have a feeling that a couple of recruiters complaining about the high percentage of drug users on the street were just righteously belly aching over their own down stats. Whatever happened to the LRHism about stats being caused internally to the orgs? Good people should be lining up to get on staff or into the SO because it's THE place to be and THE thing to do. (Okay, end of sarcasm)

True, drug usage is a two-edged sword that cuts both ways: Drugs can cause a release, a keyout, or an exteriorization on the one hand. On the other hand, drugs can cause deterioration of mind and body so the good side of that swipe of the sword won't last.

Sex can cause a release, etc. up to the point where it is way overdone (overrun) or an STD gets passed on.

Jumping out of airplanes, same thing, right up to the day the chute doesn't open and one goes splat.

I am not certain I answered the question because I am not certain what the question was.

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was kidding. It wasn't a win. It was a description of a slice of life from the Scientology culture I knew in the late 60s, early to mid 70s. To some extent it was the California culture also. Hot tubs and beaches didn't have signs reading " nude bathing only for Scientologists"

The portion of the sexual revolution that I gave sci some credit for was the freedom gained from auditing. I had friends, who after auditing, were willing to, and / or got jobs stripping because the money was so good. The shy shrinking violet type girl did not exist in sci. Education and communication and upgrading sexual abilities all had to do with increased living outside the box.

I remember ACW talking about going exterior and checking out a girl he knew taking a shower. What boy wouldn't want to go OT and go exterior and do just that?

The safety of being unclothed with partners, who were, like you, uptone, high purposed, and horny was a winning combination. Fantasies for both sexes and for gay or straight became normal activities. If you could imagine it, you could have and live it.

I know. :coolwink:

I was using your comments to get my own posting stats up. Not even 700 posts. I am such a slacker. :duh:

lkwdblds

Crusader
Further clarification of LSD usage.

In scientology-world, drugs do not an illegal pc make. Having taken LSD makes one ineligible to join the SO. Are there other orders and considerations today? I do not know. But if a person is getting hammered to join, there's your excuse. Just tell the recruiters you have taken LSD.

Ted, I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that LSD usage barred people from getting on OT3 and above. A person could get Dianetic Auditing, Grades auditing and maybe go Clear but they would not be invited onto the OT levels, at least beyond OT2. No amount of the Purif or lower grade auditing was thought to be able to clean up the damage to one's "time track" caused by LSD and also Angel Dust.

I have a feeling that a couple of recruiters complaining about the high percentage of drug users on the street were just righteously belly aching over their own down stats. Whatever happened to the LRHism about stats being caused internally to the orgs? Good people should be lining up to get on staff or into the SO because it's THE place to be and THE thing to do. (Okay, end of sarcasm)

I believe C of S did attempt to be cause by creating CCHR, Citizens' Commission of Human Rights which tried hard to keep Kids in school from taking Ritalin and Prozac. They have fought very hard to limit the prescribing of mind altering drugs with some successes and some failures. I did a job for a lady back in 1997 and she was complaining of migraine headaches. I was still in C of S at the time and gave my customer a touch assist. It moved out her headache to some degree and I told her I'd be back the next day and do another one. She told me she was going to see the doctor, later that afternoon. When I came over the next day, she said her headache was much better and that her doctor had prescribed Prozac to handle the headache!

True, drug usage is a two-edged sword that cuts both ways: Drugs can cause a release, a keyout, or an exteriorization on the one hand. On the other hand, drugs can cause deterioration of mind and body so the good side of that swipe of the sword won't last.

I did not mean a two edged sword the way you are using it. I was refereing only to the amount of auditing the church could deliver. They could give more and longer drug rundowns but had a smaller pc pool to draw from. That was my concept. I bought into the LRH explanation of the apparency of an exteriorization from drug usage. He was saying that drug usage keyed one into one's bank and while keyed in, the bank was making you feel keyed out and exterior but that was only an apparency and not a true key out.

Sex can cause a release, etc. up to the point where it is way overdone (overrun) or an STD gets passed on.

Jumping out of airplanes, same thing, right up to the day the chute doesn't open and one goes splat.

I am not certain I answered the question because I am not certain what the question was.

Ted - Interesting comments on various forms of going exterior. I am not 100% sure if LSD usage barred one from upper level audting in the 90's but I think that was the case. Perhaps someone else who reads this thread can step in and answer that for us or I can try Google and see if I can get that information on the internet.

Lakey

Last edited:

lkwdblds

Crusader
The dog Schwartz

Carmelo - The new picture which you posted is very nice.

About the dog Schwartz, its a trivial point but when a dog is black, the owners usually call it Blacky so in German or Yiddish, I believe it would usually be called Schwartzi or Schwartzela.

Also, in German and Yiddish, both the name Schwartz and the color Schwartz are pronounced as if they rhyme with "carts". In English, even though it is spelled Schwartz, English people pronounce the name but not the color as Schwortz with an "o", so I am assuming the dog was called Schwortz. I know, I know, this is a ridiculous point to make.

I am going to finish up the 1974 CCLA crew promotion list now. Go to page 20, Post 199 of this thread to see it.
Page 20 is filled up and will not take any more entries so I am going to continue the list here and finish it up.

DIVISION 7 - EXECUTIVE DIVISION (Continued)
Bruce Rigney to PO2 - He was one of the most stable staff members, married to Chris, had a Son, Jed, while Sea Org, I audited him on my Dianetic Interneship. Later ran a printing shop in Glendale with Jed. I believe he was LRH Comm when this list was made.
Richard Forbes to PO3 - He was an actor, nephew of Frank Sinatra, married Soo Ribisi when she left Al,was friends with Bobby Lyons, the actor and was an overall extremely good guy. He died in 1979 of cancer. He left CCLA staff in 1974 to be equal partners with Milton Katselas in the founding of their new Acting School.
Tony Klock to P.O.3 - He was in Estates and served as sort of the Org Butler. He served the Executive table in the mess hall and wore a tuxedo and bow tie every tie while doing it. For a while, he ran the kitchen and took care of grocery purchases and the like. A very dedicated staff member with a lot of ethics presence and integrity.
Debbie Millington to P.O.3 - I remember her very well, how she locked and how she talked. She had sort of a conservative secretarial look, wearing conservative dresses and glasses.
Charlene Sprang to P.O.3 - Charlene was letter reg for a long time. She was a bit on the mousy side but could get quite pushy if she did not get her way.
Kenny Wasserman to PO3 - Married Kathy while on staff, was HQS Course Supervisor for a while and had 100 students on course at one time. He later became an attorney and had kids and then divorced Kathy in a bitter divorce. Ken, no longer able to see his kids because he left the Sea Org put up a big fight for custody of the kids.
Elena Russ to PO3 - The only Elena I knew was Elena Walbroek in Div 6. I don't know if this is the same person but I doubt it. I have no other idea who Elena Russ could be.
Paul Shapiro to PO2 - Talented singer and song writer, sort of a Jewish version of John Lennon. His best songs were, "Kathryn", "I Saw the Light Shine" and "I Think You are the Lord." Had a 2D with the dancer, Kathy Moore.
Pamela Lancaster to PO2 - Red headed, large girl with a tremendous singing voice which could literally crack glass. Unbelievably, she is still on CCLA staff. She has been there 28 years and is now 65 but looks no more than 40.
Karen Adrian to PO3 - I know nothing about her.
Larry Rochester to PO3- I know nothing about him.
Spanky Pinion to PO3- She was a mover and a shaker in a subdivision of CCLA called Axioms Productions. She had an outgoing personality and knew everybody and was good at making contacts and introducing people and such.
Nancy Green to PO3 - She was young, maybe only 18 to 20 in 1973 and was friendly to talk to. She was also in Axioms, as I think were all this last group of people whom I did not know. I worked for Executive Software in 1993 for only 11 days. Nancy Green was an executive there and one day I got lunch by myself and she was in the restuarant eating by herself and I went over and asked if I could sit down with her and catch up on old times. She said no, she wanted to eat alone. I could not believe she snubbed me like that, when 20 years earlier we had been pals.
Mike Sullivan to PO3 - I know nothing about him.
David Green to PO3 - I know nothing about him.
Marty Kassowitz to PO3 - I knew the name and the face but never talked to him. He must be Starr's husband.
Wings Liivingryte to PO3 -Wings was originally born Gerald Hauser, and later acted as Wings Hauser. He had a fairly succesfull acting career as a tough guy in some pretty good B level movies. He was also a good singer. His Father Dwight Hauser was fairly well known in land development and in city politics. He really had a lot of talent and Yvonne was grooming him to be the next Elvis. Somehow his musical career was dropped in favor of his acting career. One thing about Wings was that even though he looked like a wild, rocker with no common sense, he actually had a heart of gold, great sincerity and tons of common sense. Sometimes he would open up and talk to you and he was really a very fine person. The same thing was true of Pat Maroshek, another flamboyand rock musician. He also had a heart of gold.

The following non Sea Org members contributed greatly and were HIGHLY COMMENDED, Bob Brandt and Linda Handleman whom I never heard of and Ken Gerbino who was heavily involved with Axioms. As far as Ken Gerbino went, when he was hanging around the center, his admin was poor and he had trouble filling out a proper purchase order but he went out into the field and made a name for himself and a lot of money in investing in precious metals such as gold and silver. I even heard him speak on radio several times as an expert in investing in Gold. I saw him at Flag in Clearwater a couple of times.

That completes the March 13, 1974 Commodore;s Birthday Promotions List for CCLA. Not all staff were promoted, there were plenty of other staff members who do not appear on this list. Some that come to mind are Jim Coonrad in Treasury, Regina Champlain who was Tech Sech, Henry Baumgard, Book Store Officer, Dick Hubbard, Mimeo Officer, Mickey Luell and his wife Christina, who was an auditor, the wonderful hatting college supervisor, Carole Ferguson, Elena Walbroek, and on and on. I'd say that this list may represent a little over half of CC staff members at that time.
Lakey

Last edited:
Richard Forbes to PO3 - He was an actor, nephew of Frank Sinatra, married Soo Ribisi when she left Al,was friends with Bobby Lyons, the actor and was an overall extremely good guy. He died in 1979 of cancer. He left CCLA staff in 1974 to go work with Milton Katselas at his Acting School.

Spanky Pinion to PO3- She was a mover and a shaker in a subdivision of CCLA called Axioms Productions. She had an outgoing personality and knew everybody and was good at making contacts and introducing people and such.

the wonderful hatting college supervisor, Carole Ferfuson

Richard and Milton were equal partners in the creation of the acting school. It became Milton's because Richard died.

Spanky is now Spanky Taylor. She has a company that is set up to answer mail for stars. She serves stars much like an LRH comm would have long ago. - answers letters, sends photos, filters the mail before the star gets it.

Carol Ferguson

lkwdblds

Crusader
Question for Ted

Richard and Milton were equal partners in the creation of the acting school. It became Milton's because Richard died.

Spanky is now Spanky Taylor. She has a company that is set up to answer mail for stars. She serves stars much like an LRH comm would have long ago. - answers letters, sends photos, filters the mail before the star gets it.

Carol Ferguson

Carmelo - Thanks for the clarification of Richard and Milton being equal partners. Most of what I put down under Richard came from you including his year of death. Its too bad that Richard did not live longer to enjoy the succes of the school which he and Milton co-founded. Richard was such a fine guy, he really wanted to make it on his own without his last name being Sinatra and I think that school and its success would have fulfilled his dream. He had everything going for him, a great wife in Soo and runing that school with a Power Partner such as Milton. The school was still runing under Milton until just a few months ago when Milton died. Do you know who is runing it now? I was not very close with Richard Forbes but for some reason, I really cared about him and still do, it must be because of his marriage to Soo. Richard was just a quality person, plain and simple. He was among the best of the best. I feel badly for Soo as well, first Al cheats on her and then Richard dies young. At least they had 6 years together. Al, for his part appears to have long ago made up the damages. In his column he always chastised himself for cheating on Soo and had nothing but the best to say about her and at their reunion he raved about how great she looked and about what a quality person she is. These things with Richard and Soo happened 35 years ago and I have more empathy now for them than I had back then.

Thanks for the update on Spanky. She is doing now what she did so well for Axioms, only now she is probably being properly paid. Also, I corrected the typo I made on Carole Ferguson's name.

I thought of another thing I can do on this website. I can go down through each division plus Axioms and mention all the Staff who were not mentioned on the Birthday game promotion list. For example, I cannot believe Henry Baumgard did not get promoted. Same for Dick Hubbard, Micky and Christina Luell and so many others. My God, Henry's stats were always up and he was Rock of Gibraltar stable on his post. I realize that Jim Coonrad was too new to have a track record so he wouldn't be promoted. Some of the ones that surprise me the most for not being on the list besides Henry and Dick Hubbard are Charley Rush, Earl and Hazel Newman, Julie Anne Warner, Val Garcia in estates, Regina Champlain, Sara Reyes, director of I & R, Joanne Werner? and Lynn Evans in the kitchen unit, Adelle Vonnie, Gordy Kunkle, Daphne, Olga Alvarez, Julie and Barbara Goetz and on and on. There must be another 50 or 60 names to come up with. When I compile that list, I know you will be there to correct me or add additional tidbits of information and I appreciate that very much.

Last edited:
I know. :coolwink:

I was using your comments to get my own posting stats up. Not even 700 posts. I am such a slacker. :duh:

you gen Y kids are all slackers.

in my day we used to hike five miles uphill (going and coming) through snow storms to be able to send out personalized spam mailers to everyone on CF (Central Files), whether they were dead, had moved, or there were fifteen triplicate mis duplicated names in the addresso files.

when we were done, we played a hard game of volleyball in the parking lot

why don't you come in and take a personality test. we can help you. bring your checkbook and credit cards.

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ted - Interesting comments on various forms of going exterior. I am not 100% sure if LSD usage barred one from upper level audting in the 90's but I think that was the case. Perhaps someone else who reads this thread can step in and answer that for us or I can try Google and see if I can get that information on the internet.

Lakey

I have no direct observation or experience with anything church related from 1989 to present.

However, I have friends who had at one time, before entering scientology, taken LSD and other drugs, and who have since 1989 completed through OT-8.

Nevertheless, I take any qualifications or restrictions regarding drug usage to be an admission on the part of SO management that the purification rundown does not work, the various drug rundowns do not work, and/or that staff auditing never happens.

While I am at it, I will also mention that I have the impression, since the '80s, that certain people in Management think auditing is a scam. :angry:

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
Lakey wrote:

I believe C of S did attempt to be cause by creating CCHR, Citizens' Commission of Human Rights which tried hard to keep Kids in school from taking Ritalin and Prozac. They have fought very hard to limit the prescribing of mind altering drugs with some successes and some failures. I did a job for a lady back in 1997 and she was complaining of migraine headaches. I was still in C of S at the time and gave my customer a touch assist. It moved out her headache to some degree and I told her I'd be back the next day and do another one. She told me she was going to see the doctor, later that afternoon. When I came over the next day, she said her headache was much better and that her doctor had prescribed Prozac to handle the headache!

Getting drugs out of schools and away from kids is one area where I can agree with scientology and CCHR.

Status
Not open for further replies.