ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

The Little Thread Which Grew - the Apollo '73 to Everything But

Discussion in 'Stories From Inside Scientology' started by lkwdblds, Feb 28, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lkwdblds

lkwdblds Crusader

I love the Titanic analogy.

Ted, I love the Titanic analogy!! How totally descriptive and completely accurate! Von Staufenberg and those who gave their lives attempting to kill Hitler realized they were on a rapidly sinking Titanic and tried to do something about it. If successsful, they were going to try to surrender to the Western allies and then hoped to encourage the West to team with them in the struggle against the Soviet Union. I think their response and actions were the perfect reply to save a sinking ship. They arrived at the ultimate and only possible way to save their country from oblivion. Too bad that it didn't work. They really came close.

Do you think that any inspired plan could be devised to save the sinking ship of organized Scientology? What do you think should be done, just let it run aground and then clean up the pieces or what? By the way, even though the Scientology ship is in a condition similar to the Titanic after colliding with the iceberg, C of S's public promo is still painting the picture of not just expansion but exponentially increasing expansion. This is a sort of a Wizard of Oz phenomena. They are still very good at that.
    Lakey

2. lkwdblds

lkwdblds Crusader

LRH seemed to be a combination of P.T. Barnum, Howard Hughes, Captain Ahab, Blackbird the Pirate, Buddha and Mark Twain. It was quite a mix! As long as the Howard Hughes, Buddha and Mark Twain components were dominant, he was great. The P.T. Barnum elements were constant and always there. As he aged, the Captain Ahab and Blackbird components began to assert themselves and he ran aground.
    Lakey

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  3. Woggin' out

Woggin' out Patron with Honors

I really enjoyed your complete story! Thanks for sharing a lot of early history of CC too. :yes:

4. looker

looker Patron Meritorious

CCLA 1972-73-74

In 1972-73 I went to CCLA to be with SO friends from Stevens Creek. I was shocked I was offered 3 SO female members for sex to join the CCLA staff, But they had to call their 2Ds to see if it was OK first. I didn't accept. As it was out ethics, no matter what the cost to saving planet earth.

Then a Gay black SO self proclaimed actor came into the room and threw me across the bed I was making, onto the floor, his face inches away, and asked if I was interested in some after morning excitement. He had an hour or so before he started post if I were interested,,.. I said NO!! I was shocked in utter disbelief.

What the fuck? I was in a Sea Org house for CCLA the most ethical place I could be.

Now I'm being offered sex with married and engaged SO women to sign the Billion year SO contract? Offered Gay sex!!?? WTF!! Keep your TRs in, whooaah!!

Flew back home and had many many thoughts of how LRH would not allow this and condemn it.....if he knew.

Went back to Stevens Creek and continued my courses not saying a word...
    After all Travolta and Presley were just coming on lines and the CCLA thing was just some surreal temporary oversight or aberration. It would get handled wouldn't it?

5. Ted

Ted Gold Meritorious Patron

The church has expanded its real estate. Maybe their stats are just computer models like those used to explain the global warming ruse.

Your friend's position is representative of a portion of the field. What portion I do not know, but the field is certainly dirtier than it has ever been. One way to clean it up is to find out what people want, then help them get it. If they want no scientology, help them get it. You could do that with your friend above. LRH and the church made "the tech" all important; the individuals that delivered it were made into nothing. But "the tech" is nothing without the people. So, be one of those people that others will remember because you were so damn special, or helpful, or whatever. You don't have to interpose "the tech" between you and someone else. I use the word "you" generally, not specifically.

Right now the FZ feeds off some of that field that still wants scientology, but does not want the church. Even though FZ fees are less than Flag, that is still a huge drain on church income. The FZ isn't going to go away. With the most experienced auditors no longer in, who will do the church delivery? How will you present DMSMH, your main public ambassador that is 60 years old, to a modern public? What new publics will come walking in past the Anon pickets, negative press, and TV?

If I were still running a Mission I would close its doors and operate out of my home. There would be many advantages to doing that. The church can't think in those terms. They will be compelled to build up to critical mass before the flow of pretended expansion and property buildup naturally reverses on itself.

The most brilliant plan is already in place and functioning. Diversify from centralized, authoritarian management, clean up the dirty field, seek justice through the court systems, salvage the original materials.

We aren't getting any younger. Hopefully, there will be someone around who knows what an F/N and release looks like so the experience can be passed on to others.

6. lkwdblds

lkwdblds Crusader

Quite a story!

Looker, that's quite a story. I never ran into any wild out 2D stuff such as that. Did you go and see the MAA, Margaret George? I was there all of 1972 and nearly all of 1973. I am just curious who you are. I remember a blonde girl came to the Org with a black boyfriend around 1972. her name was Debbie Atkins, that wouldn't be you would it? If you are willing, drop me a personal message and tell me your name. I knew everyone on staff there, I had to because I desbursed everyone's pay every week, there were no exceptions.
    Lakey

7. lkwdblds

lkwdblds Crusader

Thanks Ted for this post.

Thanks again for your insights regarding this matter, they are very good.
    Lakey

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  8. Must have been a real shock for you

:ohmy: Ay Dios Mio! I have heard personal stories like this, especially about the Sea Org, back in the 70's and 80's. I've heard it summed up as a lot of bed-hopping. :blush: I just wonder if this was a local phenomenon, or more widespread. Glad you escaped with your virtue intact, many didn't. Hope you never signed that contract. :no:

9. looker

looker Patron Meritorious

Yeah after thinking about it more I think it was voluntary and selective by the individual SO member. Not wide spread. When young green and a zealot trying to meet an unreal recruitment goal I guess there are lots of ways to justify making it go right.

But my gosh I couldn't give my girlfriend or fiance the OK to sleep with some guy for a recruitment stat no matter how high the group ARC and tone 40 was.:unsure:

10. Amen, thank God for that! :)

Unfortunately, some people will do anything to get ahead...:no:

11. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

Hell, all I got was a handshake from Woodruff when I joined mission staff at SOC! :bigcry:

Mark A. Baker

12. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

At least Marty gave you a convivial kick on the shin (very lightly) :)
    He must have been right! All the comments said so!

Zinj

13. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

You seem to have a lot of attention on "what Marty thinks". You might want to look at that, Z.

Mark A. Baker

14. FinallyFree

FinallyFree Gold Meritorious Patron

Be glad Woodruff didn't give you more. He slammed a 19 year old 4'6" girl up off the floor and against an air-conditioning wall unit while he was the ED LA Day. Oh yeah and she was the Ethics Officer BTW.

Nice from an OT 8, Perm Class 6 huh?

15. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

I have. In the marketplace of ideas Marty's selling snake oil and I think it's important to read his advertising. I'm into truth in advertising.

Zinj

16. Ted

How about a letter writing campaign on things like this? It would be something similar to Knowledge Reports written from the field, not one or two letters but many.

Dear (Scientology Person):

I read on the internet (or heard from) (or saw) that you (overt).

It seems an odd thing to do. What's the story on that?

Sincerely,

17. Blue Spirit

Blue Spirit Silver Meritorious Patron

The Idea Makes Sense

It has been my long time understanding that handwritten letters count for much more than emails.

Ted, your idea is an excellent one and should be followed up, hopefully with some organizations and addresses, etc.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  18. Blue Spirit

Blue Spirit Silver Meritorious Patron

Inmates Running the Asylum

The inmates have been running that Asylum for a long time. :omg:

19. Ted

John Woodruff was used in the example. Where was he last known?

Sample letter:

Dear John Woodruff:

While we have never met, nor have we worked closely together, I always had a favorable impression of you stemming from the time you worked in the Mission Office with J.C. Hughes. He spoke highly of your association and work therein.

A few years later, I was particularly impressed with your speaking out at the second Field/Mission Holder meeting at Flag, in 1981. If I recall, you were hesitant to speak up yet, after some encouragement, you did. This effort to express and clear your BP in such a forum was a bold and honest move.

Now, I hear that one time when you were the ED LA Day you slammed a 19 year old 4'6" girl up off the floor against an air-conditioning wall unit. She was, at the time, the Ethics Officer.

Since this seems so bizarre I though I'd give you this communication and ask what's up with that?

20. FoTi

FoTi Crusader

Hector was the best Reg ever. Never any pressure....just ARC. He was magic. Haven't seen him in 30 years. I wish I would have been at the signing to say hi. I hope he comes on ESMB and starts posting.

If you're lurking, Hector......:wave:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.