What's new

The Lurker's Thread

I lurked too...

Schwimmy, I'm so glad you are with us here on this board. Several of your posts have helped me a lot, and I'm grateful!

Think of all the others who just sort of hide what happened to them and feel bad about it for the rest of their lives.

Glad you found some old friends, hopefully will make some new ones, too!

Big hugs to you Schwimmy!

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Thank's Sweetness&lightie'pie! :D - That's great, that I stumbled on to say something to that effect.

Hmm.. I was thinkin' that I was too much of a hardass entheta fireengine.. I keep from posting too much in response to new escapees who still thinks tze tech is good. Or I moderate myself some..

:yes:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I somehow don't think either Alanzo or Zinj will be too much up on the theory of snapping or closing terminals, Carmie dear.

I just look on it as an example of Hubbard's definition of intelligence, involving the ability to determine differences, similarities and identities. And conversely. . . .

Paul
You forgot to mention the OT 3 material in this post.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
And so we begin a new feature of the Lurker's Thread:

"I Was a Lurker"

Today's spotlight shines on Schwimmelpuckle, a former Lurker for over 10 years who finally kicked his peeping habit by coming out of the bushes and "joining the fray" as he so adroitly puts it in English - not his native tongue!

(He's a cheese Danish!)
danish.jpg

Anyway. I'm glad you could make it for our spotlight this morning, Schwimmy!

I'm sure many of the Lurkers out there are curious as to why you groveled in the bushes for a full 10 years before finally breaking your silence, pulling up your pants, and speaking out.

You said that only after you had come out and begun posting, did you realize that you had - per the standard policy and technology of Scientology - been "shuddered into silence". That must have been quite a cognition on how Scientology Works!!! for you.

Can you remember exactly what caused you to come out and start writing posts out into the open? Was there some particular issue that you found just too important to be silent about any more?

Or what?

Oh, and one more question - which I'm sure many of the Lady Lurkers in the audience have been asking themselves: "What is that under your hat?"

Last edited:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
(He's a cheese Danish!)
danish.jpg

That's not a cheese danish! - No cheese in it.. Cream and sugar.. It is a 'Spandauer'. In danish we call it 'Bagerens dårlige øje', which translates as 'The Bakers Festering Eye'... Yeh.. No respect for a danish from a danish..

Anyway. I'm glad you could make it for our spotlight this morning, Schwimmy!
Me too! Me too! (Checking my zipper and smiling benignly to the audience.) - Hey Al, I never noticed that you look like David Letterman before!!

I'm sure many of the Lurkers out there are curious as to why you groveled in the bushes for a full 10 years before finally breaking your silence, pulling up your pants, and speaking out.
Huh!? - Yea' think they give a hoot? (Checking the zipper again.. What's he on about anyway? My damned pants are up!)

You said that only after you had come out and begun posting, did you realize that you had - per the standard policy and technology of Scientology - been "shuddered into silence". That must have been quite a cognition on how Scientology Works!!! for you.
Well.. Ok, I took some liberties with sequence of events.. To help the narrative, see.. But yes.. When I blew the Guardian's Office I didn't get all the way out of the cult. I had a family and two little boys. So I kept up appearances for that the following 6 years.. Privately I thought the Guardian's Office was in treason to humankind. And that Hubbard and the cult was too.. For having shit like that going on.

That was when I felt feisty.. At other times I was convinced that I was an SP. I was not a happy scientologist! :no:

Next significant event was that my wife found a happy scientologist to replace me.

I sued the cult when she had left with the kids for the other side of the planet. That was when my declare finally came.. I didn't get the Goldenrod however.. That would have been most useful in the courtcase. Documenting that the cult threatened me with Fair Game.

After that I didn't want Scientology in sight. I wanted it the hell outta my mind! - I succeeded in that.. I was aware that the cult wanted me to STFU.. But my motivation was that I wanted the mindbender shit GONE..

But even as I felt I did push all that out of my mind.. I always checked people I got to know, by saying some arcane scinobabble.. To see if they went; "What!!??"

Anyway, here's a link to my story on OCMB / How the hell did I ever buy that shit? for those with inhuman stamina.

Can you remember exactly what caused you to come out and start writing posts out into the open? Was there some particular issue that you found just too important to be silent about any more?

Or what?
That was a several stages process. When I found a story on the Operation Clambake messageboard that mentioned a freind of mine.. A wonderful female and a dear freind.. I understood with shock and horror that she'd joined the Sea Org...

Naturally I contemplated asking the poster for more about her.. But I didn't at that time..

Next thing that happened was that another female scientologist friend of mine, whom I was almost out 2D with back then (Yeh.. I know.. Very suspicious!) - Anyway, we happened upon each other after all those years.. And she immediatly wanted me to do my A to E's and get back in good standing with the cult.. Well, shit.. I was contemplating it. I figured I could do a damned comm-course and fight the registrars for years.. While I had an affair with my GF.. Heehehe..

Hmm.. But the IJC (International Justice Chief) was a jerk devoid of humour. He didn't even answer my damned letters.. Non-E or petition.. It was very humorous I tell you!! - The caption was: 'I am not a crook!' (No I didn't save it.. I know I should have.)

I learned from another source that my GF got in trouble for talking to me! - How'z that for some Orwellian shit?

This made me into a powerlurker! - I was pissed at the cult before.. But now I was mightily and ferociously mad as hell! - My amateurish lurking became a regular study project. Burning the midnight oil even.. To study up on the history of the Sinister Scam Cult of Scientology.

A year or so later another former scientology GF found me on my website .. (Yeah.. I know! - But I won't elaborate on GF stuff! - It's private!) - Now this GF, for a nice change, was out and royally pissed at CoS! - She asked: 'Did I know Operation Clambake?'

'Sure I do!', said I.. And that's when I delurked on OCMB.

Oh, and one more question - which I'm sure many of the Lady Lurkers in the audience have been asking themselves: "What is that under your hat?"
WUT? - Harruuhmmpf! - Ok, I can't claim the question was below the belt.. But I won't answer!!

:wiggle:

Last edited:

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Yuck. But I would take a salt bagel in a heartbeat (though I might not have the heartbeat long after all the salt and the butter I'd put on it)

People are Watching San Jacinto

This is addressed to all the lurkers out at INT base:

August 19, 2009- The Riverside Press-Enterprise Editorial page:

"Needless Secrecy"
Riverside County residents deserve to know why the district attorney's office searched a San Jacinto city councilman's office in April. But the search warrants are sealed--hindering the public's fundamental right to monitor the activities of both elected officials and prosecutors. A county judge should unseal the warrents in the interest of government transparency.

The Press-Enterprise will seek that result in Riverside County Superior Court today. District attorney's investigators on April 17 searched the office of Councilman Jim Ayers, who also works for the county Economic Development Agency. Judge Helios J. Hernandez in April sealed the search warrant documents based on "good cause". And the district attorney's office argues that the documents need to remain hidden, on the grounds that sharing their details would hinder the investigation.

But State law clearly provides that search warrants are public records---and for a compelling reason: Openness allows the public to gauge the performance of prosecutors, police and the courts, and helps check abuses. While the courts do recognize that secrecy is occasionally neccessary, that justification for shielding warrants from scrutiny must be specific and on the record. The prosecutor's argument is too vague to meet that test.

And the standard for keeping documents concealed sould be especially strict whe elected officials are involved. Making warrant details public might not suit the DA's preferences, but voters and residents have a strong interest in knowing why prosecutors would search the offices of an elected official. Claims of official misconduct require extra openness to deter any suspicions of coverups or special treatment of well-connected politicians.

There is no need to let such questions linger in the public mind. Revealing the details of these warrants would satisfy the public's need to know. Keeping them confidential serves no greater purpose than the prosecutor's convenience."

To all the lurkers at INT base, people in authority are watching San Jacinto, so behave yourselves. Rapidly rehabilitate the RPF's, and release them. Stop the human rights violations now!

To all California lurkers still in and on staff

Knowledge is power! Educate yourself about your legal rights.
If you are on staff with the COS anywhere in California, or are in the Sea Org and posted in California, you have legal rights that protect you from workplace abuses. Here is some very useful information for you:

The State of California's Worker Information Hotline:
1-866-924-9757
Available toll-free 24 hours a day

This hotline offers recorded messages to assist you with accurate numbers and websites on a variety of topics related to your legal rights as workers in the State of California.

Know your legal rights. Protect yourself and your fellow workers.

To everyone lurking...you are either part of the problem or part of the solution

If you have knowledge of crimes that have been committed in Riverside County by members of the church of Scientology in the past or at present, and have not already reported them, specifically regarding physical abuse, sexual abuse, lack of proper food and hydration, proper ventilation and shelter, being forced to live or work in unhealthy physical conditions, lack of prompt medical diagnosis and denial of proper ongoing medical care for dependant persons, denial of emergency medical care for workers, and/or anyone being incarcerated against their will on the RPF at INT, Happy Valley, or at any other location in Riverside County at any time, please send your information with fullest details possible to:

Rod Pacheco
Riverside County District Attorney
4075 Main Street
Riverside California, U.S.A. 92501

phone: 1-951-955-5400

Kristine Thornberry is the Director of Victim Services at the D.A.'s office, which provides free assistance to families of crime victims: (From the D.A. website)
"Help is available for victims of, and witnesses to, a crime -- the murder of a loved one ... a sexual assault ... the disclosure of a molest.

Victim services staff members cannot take the pain away nor can they bring back a loved one, but they can help victims and their families meet the immediate and long-term needs created by crime in their lives.
They provide these practical services:

* Emergency Assistance
* Crisis Intervention
* Counseling Referrals
* Help in filling out applications for crime victim compensation
* Help in dealing with the confusing court process
* Ongoing support while they learn to cope
* Information on the rights of victims of crime"

Cherished

Silver Meritorious Patron
OK, count me in. I have been lured out of lurkerdom by Alanzo's wit and charm. This thread must continue for the good of Mankind.

Hi WhatWall!! You must be related to Where'sWally, I guess? :lol:

Yes, I crack myself up.

Last edited:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Well it seems our switchboard is lighting up from that interview we had from long-time-lurker-to-posting-madman (and cheese danish extraordinaire) Schwimmy!

Let's take a couple of your calls!

Go ahead caller - you're live on "I was a Lurker"

Where's Ed McMahon?

Hey ED!
Click.

Yes... let's go to the next caller...

Hello caller - you are live on "I Was a Lurker..." Do you have a comment on our interview?

Dunno.. Al Mc.Lanzo is here tho..

:yes:
Click!

All right. We probably could use a screener for this show. I wonder if the network (ESMB) would ever spring for one. Doubt it!

Shall I summon the courage to answer the next caller to "I was a Lurker...?"

Hello caller. You're live on "I was a Lurker..." Do you have a comment on the interview we just had?

Note that accusing Alanzo of being somebody's 'straightman' is just asking for trouble.
CLICK!

This is the problem with having a radio show on a message board. There is no screener, and the peanut gallery rules.

And the further problem with having a call-in radio show which broadcasts to lurkers, is that LURKERS NEVER CALL IN!

That's all right. I know you are out there, lurkers.

I'm never gonna give you up.

And now for a musical interlude. This one goes out to all the lurkers out there: