ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

The Nation of Islam and the Scn cult

Discussion in 'Nation of Islam and Related Groups' started by Pooks, Jan 5, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. SchwimmelPuckel

SchwimmelPuckel Genuine Meatball

Well, that's the amusing conumdrum in this.. A paranoid fanatic scientologist would projectile vomit at the idea of merging CoS and NOI... Hmm.. Nah.. He'd consider projectile vomiting misemotional..

He'd look for the SP I think.. And this is big enough that the Terror Midget can't hide or PR it away.

:melodramatic:

2. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

They thoroughly deserve each other :omg:

3. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Pooksie — where exactly did the image in the OP come from? Did you scan a postcard mailer someone received? A poster stuck on a telephone pole in CW? Or what?

The promo piece doesn't say who is sponsoring the event. I assume the CofS is involved, but it's not clear at all. EDIT: Oh, hang on, it says World Literacy Crusade at the bottom. I guess that answers the question.

Paul

4. Pooks

Pooks MERCHANT OF CHAOS

Paul,

The original link can be found here:

http://www.postcardmania.com/saturday/

I don't imagine it will stay up for very long.

5. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Thanks Pooks. Their name for the image is "emailbody.jpg", so I would guess this came in a bulk email mailing. I wonder where they got the mailing list *from*, i.e., is it a CofS email list or a private one?

Paul

6. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Conversation overheard at that event during intermission at the food table...

SCIENTOLOGIST
    (reading name tag of another)
    So....Mr...Shabazz--have you donated
    to the Int'l Association of Scientologists yet?

NOI GUY
    I'm ain't here fuh Scientology.
    I be here fuh Dianetics.

SCIENTOLOGIST
    I'm not here for Scientology either.
    And I'm not here for Dianetics.
    And I'm sure as hell not here for Nation of Islam my brotha.

NOI GUY
    Then what u be here fuh?

SCIENTOLOGIST
    Free food. I haven't eaten for days
    after that last IAS event! ​

7. Gottabrain

Gottabrain Guest

8. RolandRB

RolandRB Rest in Peace

http://www.xenu.net/archive/multimedia.html#negro

9. Sindy

Sindy Crusader

This might well be the stupidest piece of Scientology promo I have ever seen. These people have lost it! Like Hoaxie, I know some of these people personally and they are going off the deep end. :ohmy:

Pasty white PTS to the middle class money worshipping religious fanatics meet the NOI. The are only pretending or enforcing a common ground that doesn't really exist and when that is discovered :omg:

Sounds like a smoldering tinderbox to me.

10. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

There's a link with/to TIR, as well. Disturbing.