What's new

The Need For Answers

Escalus

Patron Meritorious
I'm what I am because I've decided that the search for answers to the mind, or a science about the mind and the soul and the spirit, or the quest for deeper insights into what-you-are, or whatever else it is that makes people look for some kind of co-ordinated explanation about all of t.h.i.s, is something I stopped needing to do. I stopped looking for that willfully, and in good conscience. It was a "determined blow" from the subject.

Because of this and the fact that I reached that place so long ago, that I find myself gaping, and a little thunderstruck, by the still present need in some of my friends here to continue looking. Well, it's a little admirable, if I am to be honest. But it is a little stunning too that, after all this time, it's still central to a lot of you. A seeker is a seeker, i suppose. I too use a modality to "organize myself." I've bought into the Christian modality and use it as a compass for myself. So it isn't that I don't understand where you're coming from, and it isn't at all that I'm saying people should just do what I've done. But it's a part of my life and not some great tent pole I feel compelled to center everything else around.

I love Jesus, but I drink a little - I think is the joke.:wink2:

Maybe it was my own defense mechanism that has me flipping off one "self-help" theory after another, or for that matter rejecting Christian fundamentalists, or laughing at the latest guru, or seriously believing there is some major problem with the minds or character of people who keep "looking" after all this time already yeah!?, but I do sometimes find it all a little stereotypical and a little funny. Like a Saturday Night Live skit, from when it was funny.

Doesn't anybody, though, just think that you can think about it too much or - as I struggle to find the words here - doesn't anybody just find living to be enough of a test tube without all the deep philosophies and reams of data and processes and methods and do it this way / no / do it that way?

Notwithstanding the times I've sat here engaged in a discussion and enjoyed the fencing matches (whether some people took it too seriously or not - or whether some truly, actually ARE the jerks i think they are :drama2: ) - does anybody ever just go to a ballgame or something? Or find pleasure in just driving around? I mean - using the old Sci language - does everything have to have a significance?

It's almost like I want to say -here have a hot dog - and as an answer get a lecture about how they're bad for you.

I left Scientology to get my life back. That life included not burying myself under the Group now and the Group Always, to the exclusion of everything else. In the process of that leaving I determined, for myself, that there don't have to be deeper, meaningful explanations for things all the time.

And that's the difference.

So if I get a little loud - well........ you probably deserved it. (j/k)
:bricks:

grundy

Gold Meritorious Patron
People need to stop taking life too seriously and actually live it .. is that what you're saying? :D

ThisFenceHurts

Patron with Honors
does anybody ever just go to a ballgame or something? Or find pleasure in just driving around?

There is nothing like looking out over a freshly mowed ballfield, settling in and watching a bunch of people play a game, listening to the crack of the bat, the calls of the umpires, smelling hot dogs, peanuts and popcorn and scrambling to catch a foul ball. One of the most extroverting experiences I have ever engaged in.

As far as the driving around, used to do it all the time (back when you could drive around all night on $2 of gas) and loved to just cruise, listening to music...whether it be Seals and Crofts or Jessica Simpson.

ExScnDude

Patron with Honors
I left Scientology to get my life back. That life included not burying myself under the Group now and the Group Always, to the exclusion of everything else. In the process of that leaving I determined, for myself, that there don't have to be deeper, meaningful explanations for things all the time.

:thumbsup: I completely agree. Well said! :thumbsup:

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Escalus,

I'm with you. I'm done with the "significance". I'm living life and dealing with it the way I did before the CofS - well, sort of. I'm much older and much wiser now than when I got in, so I do handle things a bit differently.

I'm enjoying life and just living it. It's working well for me.:happydance:

duddins

Patron Meritorious
Thanks for this post Escalus. It hits home for me.

I feel that sometimes I become fixated on the exploits of Scn.

Sometimes I feel upset internally because of my anger at what they are doing and have done.

I have to step out of it for a time and reflect on life separate from it. If not, I think about it way too much.

After all, that is what has been special for me. The life I have established on the outside.

But I do feel dedicated to the cause of inspiring people to leave and of exposing the truth about it. That is a cause I feel morally obligated to support. A hill worth dying on.......so to speak.

There is also the spiritual side of me. Profoundly personal.

But you are correct in pointing it out, that it is necessary to lighten up at frequent intervals.... to step back and smell the roses. :rose:
It keeps things in perspective for me.

(I dont do the sports unless it is SC Football, but I do take classes to advance my understandings of the physical world.
It makes me very very happy. No scn there. No deep spiritual anything. Just Science.) :thumbsup:

Neo

Silver Meritorious Patron
I'm what I am because I've decided that the search for answers to the mind, or a science about the mind and the soul and the spirit, or the quest for deeper insights into what-you-are, or whatever else it is that makes people look for some kind of co-ordinated explanation about all of t.h.i.s, is something I stopped needing to do. I stopped looking for that willfully, and in good conscience. It was a "determined blow" from the subject.

Doesn't anybody, though, just think that you can think about it too much or - as I struggle to find the words here - doesn't anybody just find living to be enough of a test tube without all the deep philosophies and reams of data and processes and methods and do it this way / no / do it that way?

...does anybody ever just go to a ballgame or something? Or find pleasure in just driving around? I mean - using the old Sci language - does everything have to have a significance?

Yes, this is something that is on my mind a lot lately - live a little, does everything have to have a meaning?

I still find myself still coming to terms with the Scientology experience, as it is all still so recent. Not really interested in why it happened, more about what I can take away from it, perhaps so as not to repeat it.

One can think about things too much. I know I am guilty. This is what got me caught up in the Scio trap to start with. I had a need to know, they (apparently) had the answers - how convenient :duh:

As I started to look away from the Co$, other interests started to blossom - photography, country drives, sport, etc. They're just great to do, they don't have to mean anything, that's the beauty of it, I guess :)

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron

Because of this and the fact that I reached that place so long ago, that I find myself gaping, and a little thunderstruck, by the still present need in some of my friends here to continue looking. Well, it's a little admirable, if I am to be honest. But it is a little stunning too that, after all this time, it's still central to a lot of you. A seeker is a seeker, i suppose. I too use a modality to "organize myself." I've bought into the Christian modality and use it as a compass for myself. So it isn't that I don't understand where you're coming from, and it isn't at all that I'm saying people should just do what I've done. But it's a part of my life and not some great tent pole I feel compelled to center everything else around.

I love Jesus, but I drink a little - I think is the joke.:wink2:

Maybe it was my own defense mechanism that has me flipping off one "self-help" theory after another, or for that matter rejecting Christian fundamentalists, or laughing at the latest guru, or seriously believing there is some major problem with the minds or character of people who keep "looking" after all this time already yeah!?, but I do sometimes find it all a little stereotypical and a little funny. Like a Saturday Night Live skit, from when it was funny.

Notwithstanding the times I've sat here engaged in a discussion and enjoyed the fencing matches (whether some people took it too seriously or not - or whether some truly, actually ARE the jerks i think they are :drama2: ) - does anybody ever just go to a ballgame or something? Or find pleasure in just driving around? I mean - using the old Sci language - does everything have to have a significance?

It's almost like I want to say -here have a hot dog - and as an answer get a lecture about how they're bad for you.

So if I get a little loud - well........ you probably deserved it. (j/k)
:bricks:

Yes, sometimes we look so hard at things we dont see anything.

Perhaps an attitude of acceptance of what is rather than a challenge to the unknown would be more productive.

Be here now, rather that figure out what the "where" that you are at, means?

:)

alex

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
Have a gar

Yeah, kick back and have a
GAR.jpg