What's new

The Ron's Ramblings Thread

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Now, this is a very sensible instruction from LRH that although it may be beneficial to exploit the outliers, aka millionaires, through creative innovation and targeting, it is equally if not more important to exploit the general population through standard actions that must be applied on a day-to-day basis.

Very wise council for any business.

However, upper management is a machine that constantly churns out hair brained ideas for new programs, events, promotional messages, services, etc. that pull people off their posts, transfers them, puts them on special missions and projects, forces them onto all-hands for days without sleep, diverts money and resources to non-standard things, conducts investigations and implements punishments that destabilize staff and public, lies and creates "shore stories" about ulterior motives for orders and PR flaps, the whole time siphoning off as much money as possible which is needed for staff and those very important standard actions, and on and on.

This is upper management's "standard actions" and much of that was directly ordered by LRH, known, tolerated and encouraged by him.

LRH talked about Pavlov making the lab dogs neurotic by: ringing the bell - feed the dog, ring the bell - beat the dog.

There are some sound lessons to be learned from Scientology. One of mine is that people tend to say what they think in spite of themselves. If you pay close attention to what LRH says, you will find an underlying contempt and mistrust of humanity. We are not in control, we are influenced by engrams, implants, BTs, evil intentions, overts and withholds and until we have been cleansed, tested and certified according to his standards it is assumed that we are degraded and incapable. He tells us that we are immortal and capable of infinite greatness and creativity and should be able to know simply because we are who we are and have experienced everything on the whole track already. Yet, then proceeds to bury us with a stream of micromanaging orders that are cast in stone like the word of god, each one with its own contradictory set of orders or arbitrary alternative to be exercised by upper management at will. Exercise creative uniqueness if you dare - if it pans out well you get a bone, if not, you will be taught to avoid attempting such unauthorized creativity again.

Over time, the food becomes less and of poorer quality and the punishments become greater and more finely woven into thought processes until the primary motivation is no longer food but the avoidance of punishment.

This is one of the best posts I have ever read on this board.

:clap:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

LOL

Well, okay, maybe he made it up as he went along. In that narrowly defined way, he's a sucky guru.

However, on the positive side, Dr. Hubbard was a genius at marketing!

That's why he called his raconteurial ramblings Scientology--instead of FatFuckerology.

It arguably might be genius and successful but I’m not so sure I would characterize it as “Marketing”.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2006/11/29/victims-still-falling-prey-to-nigerian-e-mail-scam.html
///
Because the scam takes so many forms and affects so many industries, it’s impossible to nail down exactly how much money is lost to the fraud, according to Patricia Armstrong of the Postal Service Inspection.
But Audri Lanford, co-director of Scambusters.org, a service that helps fight Internet fraud, estimates that $200 million a year is lost to the Nigerian e-mail scam or variations of it.
///

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

It arguably might be genius and successful but I’m not so sure I would characterize it as “Marketing”.

Well, there is probably a Scientology "SCALE" that Hubbard discovered which would span the entire spectrum of criminal activity from the perspective of effective or innefective "marketing".

The more effective marketing techniques help keep the perpetrators out of jail and even result in having public streets named after you in Los Angeles! Yayyy!

l-ron-hubbard-way1.jpg

The less effective marketing schemes/scams make it progressively more obvious what is being perpetrated--and by whom. That's the lower part of the scale where thugs in the hood go into convenience stores and rob it, without a mask under full video surveillance.

Hubbard had a vast number of masks, ruses, fronts, confederates, proxies and cloakings; especially of the religious kind. Hubbard also took great care to line up a succession of fall guys--and gals. Ask Mary Sue Hubbard about that.

But, perhaps the most ingenious kind of marketing is that which in which the mark is eventually convinced to run the scam on themselves. To wit, Scientologists working their entire lives in order to give all their time/money to the COS (Crimewave of Scientology). It's impressive that Scientologists whip each other and themselves to "produce more", "contribute more!" and "donate more!"--even when not under direct supervision/surveillance of org staff members.

SCIENTOLOGY: You pay over a half-million dollars in order to learn how to solo-audit and solo-scam yourself.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

Well, there is probably a Scientology "SCALE" that Hubbard discovered which would span the entire spectrum of criminal activity from the perspective of effective or innefective "marketing".

The more effective marketing techniques help keep the perpetrators out of jail and even result in having public streets named after you in Los Angeles! Yayyy!

l-ron-hubbard-way1.jpg

The less effective marketing schemes/scams make it progressively more obvious what is being perpetrated--and by whom. That's the lower part of the scale where thugs in the hood go into convenience stores and rob it, without a mask under full video surveillance.

Hubbard had a vast number of masks, ruses, fronts, confederates, proxies and cloakings; especially of the religious kind. Hubbard also took great care to line up a succession of fall guys--and gals. Ask Mary Sue Hubbard about that.

But, perhaps the most ingenious kind of marketing is that which in which the mark is eventually convinced to run the scam on themselves. To wit, Scientologists working their entire lives in order to give all their time/money to the COS (Crimewave of Scientology). It's impressive that Scientologists whip each other and themselves to "produce more", "contribute more!" and "donate more!"--even when not under direct supervision/surveillance of org staff members.

SCIENTOLOGY: You pay over a half-million dollars in order to learn how to solo-audit and solo-scam yourself.

I know absolutely what you mean and we have probably both done the Marketing Series, plus his concept of marketing and promotion runs through everything. But a distinction needs to be made somewhere on this theoretical marketing scale of failed con to world wide love and acceptance. My experience with Scientology’s attempt at marketing is that it is more often than not obfuscation. Show me any form of communication or dissemination that is generated by the Church with full disclosure and honesty. For those of us who have performed surveys on behalf of the Church, has the primary motivation been honesty or manipulation?

This is the problem. Marketing and promotion aren’t just about promo mailings, PR, and “acceptable truth” - it is about having a good product, reliable service, priced appropriately for the market, clearly saying what your goals and purposes are and consistently operating off of policy and orders that fulfill that mission statement. (Don’t you just love dissecting Scientology’s failings using Scientology?) If you don’t do these things, or outright use them to betray people’s trust, then even though you might get away with it gloriously for a long while, eventually the bad repercussions reach critical mass like they are now.

LRH told us all this in his own words the whole time he did exactly the opposite. Now that I look at it after many decades, I can’t honestly say he was a genius at marketing and I can’t say Scientology is successful, period. The IAS Funds and building acquisitions were achieved to a great extent through lobbying donations. LRH did start this through the Safe Environment Fund to build up a fund for the legal fallout following the Snow White and FBI Raid debacle so it can't all be placed on his successor, but that isn’t what this was supposed to be about. How many of us got into Scientology because we had a deep spiritual belief in donating to a legal defense fund?

Who is taking bets on how long it will take before L. Ron Hubbard Way is renamed to North Berendo St. by popular local demand?

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
I know absolutely what you mean and we have probably both done the Marketing Series, plus his concept of marketing and promotion runs through everything. But a distinction needs to be made somewhere on this theoretical marketing scale of failed con to world wide love and acceptance. My experience with Scientology’s attempt at marketing is that it is more often than not obfuscation. Show me any form of communication or dissemination that is generated by the Church with full disclosure and honesty. For those of us who have performed surveys on behalf of the Church, has the primary motivation been honesty or manipulation?

This is the problem. Marketing and promotion aren’t just about promo mailings, PR, and “acceptable truth” - it is about having a good product, reliable service, priced appropriately for the market, clearly saying what your goals and purposes are and consistently operating off of policy and orders that fulfill that mission statement. (Don’t you just love dissecting Scientology’s failings using Scientology?) If you don’t do these things, or outright use them to betray people’s trust, then even though you might get away with it gloriously for a long while, eventually the bad repercussions reach critical mass like they are now.

LRH told us all this in his own words the whole time he did exactly the opposite. Now that I look at it after many decades, I can’t honestly say he was a genius at marketing and I can’t say Scientology is successful, period. The IAS Funds and building acquisitions were achieved to a great extent through lobbying donations. LRH did start this through the Safe Environment Fund to build up a fund for the legal fallout following the Snow White and FBI Raid debacle so it can't all be placed on his successor, but that isn’t what this was supposed to be about. How many of us got into Scientology because we had a deep spiritual belief in donating to a legal defense fund?

Who is taking bets on how long it will take before L. Ron Hubbard Way is renamed to North Berendo St. by popular local demand?

Yes Yes Yes!

Some years after leaving Scientology it suddenly occurred to me that the entirety of Hubbard's "Marketing Technology" (surveys and all) can be summed up in just one (1) SURVEY QUESTION:

"What would I have to say or promise to you, in order
for you to want to donate a lot of money to Scientology?"

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes Yes Yes!

Some years after leaving Scientology it suddenly occurred to me that the entirety of Hubbard's "Marketing Technology" (surveys and all) can be summed up in just one (1) SURVEY QUESTION:

"What would I have to say or promise to you, in order
for you to want to donate a lot of money to Scientology?"

That's great!