What's new

The Sea Org and Alcoholism

Teanntás

Silver Meritorious Patron
The only time I saw people drink were specifically for Christmas, when ron was still alive.

Ron was very generous, so each year he would allow some money to the morgue so we could have plenty of Christmas goodies to celebrate...
It mainly consisted of a 6pack of beers and a bag of chips..for the whole staff.

WoW! Can you imagine..the whole org was drunk an hour later...
It created quarrels as all staff desperately wanted to be QM and get such christmas goods.

This was my no1 , Ron the humanitarian, moment I still chersish.
"WoW! Can you imagine..the whole org was drunk an hour later" - yea, that can happen when you've been sober for a whole year :D

Alien3

Patron
When I was on staff there was no way I could afford to buy alcohol.
I remember when I was on day staff, we used a motor bike to get around. It was quite normal for us to only put enough petrol in it to only last a few days. Like less than a quarter of a tank. This was ongoing. We were so friggin poor. Took me years to get over that mindset. Alcohol was a rare treat.

No One

a girl is no one
I drank after leaving the Sea org. I drank a lot and then drank some more. I drank for many years. Many.
I rarely drink these days. Sometimes I'd like to, but now it just makes me feel tired mostly.