ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

The Sea Org Code

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Adam7986, Jun 1, 2012.

Tags:
View Users: View Users
  1. Adam7986

Adam7986 Declared SP

Oh my god you guys. I started to read this and I could hear the chinese schooling in my head. I could hear myself and the EPF saying it. Holy crap I have never realized how deeply programmed I was until just how. My head started to buzz hearing this.

http://www.xenu.net/archive/so/19730107-in.html

2. Auditor's Toad

Auditor's Toad Clear as Mud

Is barfable a word ?

3. StickbyMe

StickbyMe Patron with Honors

Wow. That takes me back. I'm kind of upset reading it.

Maybe we should write the Code of an Ex Sea Org Member:

1) I promise to work every moment I'm awake until I either snap, blow or get offloaded.

2) I promise to write KRs on my teammates for thinking or saying the wrong things.

3) I promise not to have sex until I'm married.

4) I promise to marry and then later divorce everybody I want to have sex with.

5) I promise to not take it too personally when all my friends are eventually off-loaded and declared.

4. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

Very 50's flavoured.

Should also include:

I promise not to be Black, Chinese, or Gay, because I know that would freak old LRH out.

5. Adam7986

Adam7986 Declared SP

It was starting to make me feel physcially ill. I cant believe how hard that was programmed in us. All the Chinese schooling on the EPF.

6. Wants2Talk

Wants2Talk Silver Meritorious Patron

For those that never experienced it, Chinese School, involved intense group physical exercise while as a group shouting the responses to questions. I can still recite the awareness levels of each department on the 21 department organizing board.

7. Reasonable

Reasonable Silver Meritorious Patron

The funny thing is that the concept of being good and competent and not giving up and doing good and helping is admirable, and a person who could act in this way is to be commended. (In concept not specifics.)

And if a person were to behave like this from the viewpoint of his own values and integrity and interpretation it would be good.

But that one first line ..."I promise to uphold and carry out command intention"...WOW

That is like saying "I give over all of my power to Hubbard"

And this is so easily swallowed because the rest of the lines sound so noble. (Again the concept of goodness and helping and perseverance and fixing this world)

By the end of line 18 you would think that anyone who could write this must be amazing because it exemplifies your concept of your higher self such as heroism, selflessness, duty etc. You feel that he really understands you. So without it even being a conscious decision you give him all of your decision making power, personal power, judgment, and will to Hubbard as stated in line 1.

The real sea org code is simply line 1
    ..."I promise to uphold and carry out command intention"...
    The rest of it is just a head fake.

8. Gus

Gus Patron with Honors

Chinese School was probably the most useful bit of info in Fatso's whole study "tech" bag, and even he admitted he didn't invent it.

I was Chinese Schooled in the multiplication tables in 3rd Grade - in public school. The whole class would shout "2 times 2 equals 4" all through the 2s, 3s, up to 12X12. Decades later, I still know them instantly. I hear kids are doing them up to 15 these days.

For shit that must be memorized verbatim (like multiplication tables) Chinese School works great.

Gus

9. Once you get some distance on it, it's easier to see how indoctrinating it is, isn't it? :questions:

Why non Scientologists tend to see Scientologists as being "programmed" to think in certain ways, or "brainwashed". :eyeroll: :duh:

Glad you have gotten some more distance and are seeing the truth for yourself. Good for you! :happydance:

10. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

11. Interesting video.:no:

I remember on the RPF, we had to chinese school that &*@! until we could shout the whole thing from memory. Then we had to shout it at old James Byrnes while he was at PAC on one of his, "I'm an old dude from back in the day, and I'm going to make you cool like me" missions. At least it wasn't quite as bad as cleaning rats alley.

12. Idle Morgue

Idle Morgue Gold Meritorious Patron

Let's interrupt that Scientology Sea Org Code, shall we?

1. I promise to work for nothing for a billion years so that Scientology can charge HUGE amounts of money from the public for the services I will deliver and Scientology will keep it. I agree forever that Scientology Organizations do not have to account where the money goes and we will take out any enemies that ask for transparency. I will disconnect from all family and friends, not look or ask any questions about anything, eat slop, sleep in dorms with up to 15 people to a room sharing 1 bathroom, wear a uniform that I have to pay to clean with my no paychecks. I will not even ask for any "Bridge" because if I knew what it was - I would KNOW that there is nothing to obtain - just a long, windy road to no where. If I Blow - I will owe the Scientology Organization hundreds of thousands of dollars for courses I was forced to take to learn my post even though I never worked on that post and spent the majority of my 20 years playing musical chairs.

2. I promise to LIE to $ell $cientology and I will also LIE to protects the image of Scientology so that Scientology is always right and the terminal is always wrong. I will always attack anyone that asks why Command Intention is violating policies.

3. I will kiss the ass of the leader, David Miscavige and any Celebrity dear leader deems worthy of our praise. I will like it and never question anything. I will be a slave to any Celebrity so that they will get hood winked faster.

If I fail - you can torture me with sec checks at my expense, shatter my family, throw me in a gulag indefinitely and force me to slap others as well as receive punches and slaps to myself. Oh, I will always stay broke and helpless. It is just the right thing to BE!

4. I agree that I am Oat Tea so I don't need the Bridge.

Signed forever and sealed with blood, sweat and tears ~ Your loyal butt kisser, the Sea Org Slave

13. does seem to work out that way without the guarantees of the bill of rights when the executives come in two varieties; some are cleared cannibals and the rest need more auditing

14. iHateDuplicity

iHateDuplicity Patron with Honors

Continuation of The Code of a Sea Org Member (The Real One):

- I promise to do anything my senior orders me to do, no matter how ridiculous, stupid or outrageous.

- I promise to never utter a single word in reply to any order received except "Yes, Sir!" and be Tone 40 about it.

- I promise to keep myself sessionable and go to study/auditing exactly per the org schedule, except when my senior orders me not to because I have to meet some unreal target that is being ordered by him or Command.

- I promise to sacrifice any personal interests, desires, hobbies or goals for the greater good, because the Third Dynamic is all that really matters.

- I promise to keep ethics in around me at all times, meaning that I will not hesitate to yell, scream, rant or rave at my team members whenever they show any signs of initiative, clear-headed thinking or common sense, and to write Knowledge Reports with as many cc's as possible so as to ensure that the entire Int crew list knows about their every crime, misdemeanor and error.

- I promise to eat the paltry, sub-standard, unwholesome food that is provided for us and never exhibit any remorse, upset or displeasure about it because I know that the only reason we can't afford anything better is because I have not personally worked hard enough to get our stats up.

- I promise to never get a full night's restful sleep, knowing that I have never done enough in my usual 18-hour work day to feel guiltless about the plight of all the insane souls on this planet and throughout the universe.

- I promise to never watch TV or movies, eat candy or reward myself in any other pleasurable way until I have a fully approved CSW authorizing my reward, approved by the CO of my org and every junior terminal between us.

- I promise that any time I am allowed the unbelievable luxury of a day's liberty or an LOA, I will not complain when I am called back early because of some flap or pretended problem generated by the lack of foresight of Command, my seniors and fellow staff but blamed on me not being there to handle it.

- I promise to ignore the bad indicators and even outright complaints of any public I am ever regging for donations for which there is no real exchange, knowing that it is their own out-ethics that is the real problem and that I am sinless and entirely justified in emptying their bank accounts and depriving them of any and all MEST.

- I promise to never question, be confused about or attempt to apply any common sense to any directive, issue, order or command I receive, for it is clear that I do not have enough knowledge of policy, tech and ethics to be in any position to question anything and my only role is to be a subservient executor of Command Intention.

15. Adam7986

Adam7986 Declared SP

Hahahahahaha that was awesome!!! I can imagine DM doing that in his mirror every morning.

16. Adam7986

Adam7986 Declared SP

At PAC base I shared a room with 30-35 people. At least 50 people shared the same showers and bathroom facilities. Most of us waited until we were in the Org to take a dump because the bathrooms were cleaner.

17. Adam7986

Adam7986 Declared SP

In all fairness, when I was on the TTC at FLAG, every Tuesday we got stale hamburgers and stale french fries. It was the best food we could ever hope for. They may have been stale, but OMG they had cheese. :happydance::duh:

18. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

Some of those items were also true for SCN staffers that were NOT Sea Org.