ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

The Sea Org: Info for potential recruits

Discussion in 'Evaluating and Criticising Scientology' started by OHTEEATE, Apr 2, 2007.

View Users: View Users
  1. namaste

namaste Silver Meritorious Patron

Hi Mike.
    Great posts.
    Just registered here myself. I've been "out" for awhile (not SO) and was wondering what the scene was like inside nowadays. Not any better apparently.
    I noticed your question and that it had not been responded to yet.
    I'm not sure exactly what you are asking, but I'm assuming that you haven't had much of a chance to play around with computers where you were at.
    Is this a computer-related question by chance? Are you wanting to know how to copy and paste text from web pages or something??
    I would be glad to help if I can and if you still need it.

Cheers.

namaste

2. Mick Wenlock

Mick Wenlock Admin Emeritus (retired)

How dare you suggest that I would be anything other than abstemious or temperate? (Jack and coke please) The very idea! (Pint of Stella, thank you)

It is ludicrous Mike, absolutely ludicrous. The strange thing is that it does not appear strange to people on the inside who are being hammered into conformity that this is the exact opposite of what they are supposed to be achieving!

Slainte! Prosit! Skaal! Sante!

3. The Oracle

The Oracle Gold Meritorious Patron

What is abberated about this "external influences" course

See here Mike,

You descibe this new "external influences" course for new recruits into S.O., this was not an L.R.H. course, for certain.

It suggests that external influences are BAD. Do you suppose the auditor turns on his meter and thanks all the "wogs" at the electric company?

Do you suppose the Sea Org members sit to eat and thank all of the farmers for the food?

Do you suppose the regges pick up the telephone and thank all of the people at the telephone company?

What about the arrivals? Do you think staff are grateful for the airlines?

Without external influences the Org could not run and people would starve and not be able to audit without the electric company.

David and Ray, if you are reading this...if anyone from the Church is reading this,...c'mon...this is stupidity and off source and totally inhibibiting people from recognizing POWER.

This smacks of uppity, self important, paranoia.

Whoever is the author of this external influences THINK?

It sure isn't Ron Hubbard.

What about all of those external influences?

It just seems these people are on a total not is of their dependency upon the rest of the world, even for the uniforms.

What about the paper and pens?

I mean,......geeze, they would not survive without external influences.

Yet, I'll bet you could go through CMO in Clearwater and ask them what is the source of the food and they would say the galley cook (not the farmer).

This "external influences" course is not L.R.H. and totally fucking stupid, considering the base would collapse and all the people would starve without external influences.

What the hell are arrivals and gross income if not external influence? Are they printing their own money?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007
  4. OHTEEATE

OHTEEATE Silver Meritorious Patron

sea org recruits

TI, External Influences refers to outside sources of potential distraction. "Other Fish to Fry" is a crime apparently. Anything which pulls the SO members' attention off their purpose, which is written out for them in carved stone letters, is eliminated. Cell phones? you might have a call from someone who would tell you something to put you in doubt. No 8C possible with cell phones all over the place. Mail? somebody might put a bug in your bonnet and make you wonder what the hell you are really doing there, so all your mail is kindly screened for you. Internet? sneak off to read the uncensored Internet at the library at your peril. You might come across Lermanet and then where would your attention be? a day off with an old friend shopping? no, don't think that's wise, they might reverse some of your indoc, or show how great their life is, or tempt you with a real meal, their nice car, clothes, all the stuff you gave up. They also might mention how fast they are scooting up the Bridge, getting 25 hours a week of NOTs in the HGC, whatever, and when was the last time you had anything but a sec check or PTS handling or assist? Hmmm? I don't let LRH off the hook that easily. A lot of this stuff is from Flag Orders from the period when he was still very much on the approval line. The pressure from without to reform just seems to drive them deeper into seige defense mode. Us against them. I don't see any friendly press coming to their rescue. I see more pressure headed their way. GOOD. Mike

5. The Oracle

The Oracle Gold Meritorious Patron

Mike,

I got it all along the intention behind this "external influences" idea.

It is still wholly lopsided and communicates something , let's say to younger people that might not have some extended vision, "external influences" is way too broad of a matter, and without it the Org would not survive.

It communicates that people ought to be shut off from, or withdraw from external influences. ......Hide from? Not communicate with? Stay in?

You know, in / out, internal / external.

It just seems to violate a person's reach and communication with the world.

How can one control something he can not communicate with?

Maybe I am not getting the wording down about the peculiar abberrative dynamic I am seeing here.

But it does not seem healthy at all.

I'd be curious to know who wrote the issues in these course packs if you can recall.

6. OHTEEATE

OHTEEATE Silver Meritorious Patron

external influences

I had quite a bit of intention to finish EPF in a week. I did 4 or 5 courses, average one every 5 hours. Some I had done before , in 1974. I was in a room at the QI with 5 other men, all late teens. Sharing one small bathroom. My attention was on the external influences long enough to read it and do the drills. As I was reading it, it occured to me that maybe I had made a HUGE mistake joining the SO again, and then comm lagged 4 months to see if my wife came to the same conclusion. When she finished EPF about 4 weeks later,( it took her 3 weeks, because she did not kiss the EPF I/Cs ass at ALL), and they began to suspect she was not Sea Org material(slave) after all, we sort of talked about maybe leaving, you know, if things don't get any better. That's the way you think, when you are in. Sort of sideways thinking. Like, we're not really commiting mutiny, or a suppressive act, we're just sort of talking things over. Like married couples will now and then, sort of.
    I'm sure that the External Influences pack, if published outside the SO, would be fun reading for you. I hope somebody steals one. Mike

7. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

I have a div 6 mentality or can at least mock one up. :)

SCN is in the business of prosyltising/ dissem. We do that, we put ourselves on the comm lines of the world. We tell the good news. I personally have that as a hat.

It should be obvious that attempts to restrict such broad comm are "suppressive. "

If we are not masters of comm and abberation, and antagonism we shall of course die. As the COS is doing.

The FZ is expanding and making more auditors than COS.