ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

The Stupid Cupid Rundown

Discussion in 'Scientology Technology' started by Helena Handbasket, Nov 30, 2014.

View Users: View Users
  1. George Layton

George Layton Silver Meritorious Patron

Did you ever stop to think that perhaps people sometimes love the idea that someone loves them more so than they love the person? Love the emotional lift they experience, a sort of loving the receiving of love. A love that is pointed inward rather than outward.

2. that...

is no rant HH...

grab a bottle of chianti and put willie nelson's "to all the girls i've loved" on the victorola...

3. uncover

uncover Gold Meritorious Patron

Cool .... Commander BS has arrived on this thread. BTW, as self-proclaimed BT matching officer I have a question for you:

Now how´s about a 2D between Helena and you ?

I mean:

You see ? This is your (last) chance for a sane 2D.... don´t let it go.... act now and visit your registrar today...

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  4. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Just noticed Helena's new sig line. . .

How does that work exactly? LOL

HELENA
    Hi, can I share something cool with you?

UNSUSPECTING PERSON
    Sure!

HELENA
    problem problem problem problem problem problem problem

UNSUSPECTING PERSON
    Whoa! You've sure got a lot of problems.
    Maybe you can solve them one
    at a time. Now that first one you
    mentioned, I have an idea that might
    help. Did you ever try to--------

HELENA
    (suddenly interrupts)
    Stopppppppppppppppppppp!
    I never asked for your advice!
    When I want your worthless opinions
    I'll ask you. Until then just shut up and
    listen to my fascinating & unsolvable problems.

UNSUSPECTING PERSON
    (slinking away, thinking to self)
    Jesus, that was really annoying!​

5. Claire Swazey

Claire Swazey Spokeshole, fence sitter

HH,

If you're expecting living fallible human beings to be 100% logical and consistent, life's gonna be a fantastic disappointment to you.

Meanness is not the way to resolve that. Oh, wait...maybe for you, it is.

6. Helena Handbasket

Helena Handbasket Gold Meritorious Patron

Helena Handbasket: My train was two minutes late today.

Helluva Hoax: Fabulous! My big chance has come at last. I hate it when people tell me what do to, so now I get to reverse the flow and tell someone else what to do.

Everybody knows that when you have a problem, you're supposed to just tough it out, say nothing, and solve it as best you can on your own. It's only when you fail that you say something at all, and since Helena has spoken out, she obviously cannot deal with it on her own, and she wants someone else to take charge and tell her how to fix it.

Remember Helena, you started it by telling us about your problem. From now on I'm the boss and you have to do exactly what I tell you. No ifs, ands, buts, or backflash; just do as you're told without question.

Here's what you do: get yourself a car, whether you think you need one or not. Since I like the Mercedes 50XL, that's what kind of car you have to get, and it doesn't matter what you think. Of course you're going to do this; in my infinite wisdom I know exactly what needs to be done and you don't.

Since I'm always right, your life will be perfect if you just obey me. In fact, the whole world would be a better place if they would just listen to me.

Let me know how it goes with your new car, Helena. If there's any problems, I'm still here.

7. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

On the contrary, surely the 50 SL would be quite adequate.

8. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

Helena,

I think we all know you don't come here for advice ... it's attention that you come here for.

:headspin:

9. beltway

beltway Bone Idle

Being a never-in, the details of this Rundown are a little beyond me but another option that might help get one emotionally 'unstuck' from a former relationship that has crashed/burnt/collapsed into a singularity is to list out all the things that made for the failure(s) which are unlikely to change - your own issues, his/her issues, mutual and/or environmental factors, whatever.

Revisit the list as needed for reassurance that pining for those particular fjords is a habit that ought to be let go.

10. Helena Handbasket

That's a good idea. The first thing that pops into mind is that I was a Scientologist and he was an est graduate.

I also had FOUR crippling syndromes that made me a bad catch. (Although one had been "handled" and another hadn't then started yet.)

He once mentioned having children but I didn't want children.

I had health issues and while I craved a relationship I also feared one.

I was incapable of seeing needs past the end of my nose.

However, if it had all worked out I would have been VERY happy. We were compatible (had the same idea of fun) in the extreme. At the end of the day, I know it couldn't have worked out, but it was my DESIRE for him that was the problem. I hope that's gone now.

Helena

11. HelluvaHoax!

Who said I was "expecting" people to act logically & sensibly?

Hardly. LOL

Why else do you think that most of my 17,000 posts are parody, satire and spoofs?

ps: About "HelluvaHoax's meanness", start a new thread dedicated to ridding the board of meanness and 5.4x your fun. LOL

12. uncover

5.4x is outdated after GAG II.
    FIFY

13. Cat's Squirrel

Cat's Squirrel Gold Meritorious Patron

It didn't upset me, but (just one objection) I'm not sure how practical it is to get all relevant details on a relationship that maybe never was in the first place.

I'm not an auditor but surely per the tech all you're looking for is a big meter read, so it would be better to start off with a list of some kind rather than the vague and woolly "get all relevant details"?

14. George Layton

George Layton Silver Meritorious Patron

If your talking in hubbardish even 10% logical and consistent might be a pretty high bar to set.

15. Helena Handbasket

Having known this pain myself, I am pleased to offer this rundown in the hope it will help others. If I'm never known for anything else, I hope I'm known for this. People have been suffering the pain of heartbreak for all time and I want to offer them a way out.

Here's the eponym for this rundown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl3UE8yxn-0 .

Helena

16. HelluvaHoax!

I took a look at your Heartbreak Rundown and notice Step #5. . .

I don't think that will work.

Here is something that might:

5) Ask if they actually really knew each other in this lifetime. If there is any charge on that, encourage the person to do better the next time they have a relationship.

17. uncover

How cool from you... you are nearly such a friend of mankind as El Con Hubbard.... He also suffered from BT´s and offered some rundowns to get rid of them. The only problem is, the rundowns he offfered were not even sufficient to handle HIS case. At the end...:

http://home.earthlink.net/~snefru/deathoflrh/prince-death.html

So the OT-Levels were developed to handle El Con Hubbard's case.... and the Stupid Cupid Rundown was developed to handle your case. I am wondering who is interested to handle dead old Hubbard's or your case.

Those who really suffer from pain of heartbreak should realize that pain from a heartbreak is only a result of ones own narcissism.

Real love is unselfish - someone who really loves is ready to give something without expecting or (secretely) demanding something back in return.

To be IN LOVE is nothing else than a disease - one believes that (s)he is unselfish but in reality (s)he is expecting to be loved, adored carried around on the silver platter from the terminal of desire.

When this dreams/desires are not fulfilled from the [STRIKE]terminal[/STRIKE] victim of desire than the "pain from a heartbreak" occurs - but only then. Therefore the "pain of a heartbreak" has nothing to do with BT´s or anything of this matter. it#s only the result of ones own narcissism: "I am so good that this [STRIKE]terminal[/STRIKE] victim of my desire has to love me, adore me and carry me around on a silver platter."

There is a wise old saying:

Every expectation leads to a disappointment. Therefore it is better not to have any expectation.

There is no cure against ones own narcissism - but if one make this old saying as ones rule in relations, one will never suffer (again) from "pain of a heartbreak". One can only be surprised by positive experiences - and no one will need a stupid "Stupid Cupid Rundown".

18. Helena Handbasket

Well! At least this thread is back on track criticising the rundown itself, which I totally expected.

My personal problems that led to my creating this are merely incidental.

Helena

19. HelluvaHoax!

:hysterical:

Another major cognition by Dr. Hubbard near the end of his life . . .

"There are more process servers! Many more than people realize!"

20. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

(Deleted, non-sequitur)