ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

The Top 25 People Crippling Scientology

Discussion in 'Tony Ortega' started by Type4_PTS, Aug 12, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. Ogsonofgroo

Ogsonofgroo Crusader

I vote, please don't.

We are not so good looking' when the body be crushed.

RIP Lisa, and all the dead ones.

Interesting though, that in her untimely death, she remains a beacon of light guiding the unsuspecting away from her tormentors.

:yes:

2. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

#8 Mike Rinder

#8 Mike Rinder

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/09/mike_rinder_top_25_crippling_scientology.php

Here's an excerpt from the article - but the whole article is very much worth reading!

Note: For anyone reading this and not knowing who Bryan Seymour is - he is in the #13 slot of this Top 25 List. Info can be found here:
    http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/09/janet_reitman_top_25_crippling_scientology.php

3. Infinite

Infinite Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

Heh! Well, I suppose Rinder's actions in running OSA have certainly helped cripple Scientology as the number of his victims reached critical mass.

4. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

5. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

6. ClamSource

ClamSource Patron with Honors

Rathbun rates higher than the academics like Touretzky? Garbage.

7. Type4_PTS

Well he DID help in a couple different ways to cripple CoS. First he worked hard for many years at creating the monster and now he's helping to knock it upside the head. And I'm sure both of the roles he played have and are helping to cripple the CoS.

And while in the past he may have contributed to the crippling of CoS AND Scientology now he of course is on a mission to save Scientology.

I would agree with you Clammy that he's rated too high as compared to the academics like Touretzky. But the reality of it is it doesn't mean so much imo where someone falls on the list. It takes a lot of SP's working hard to bring down a billion dollar cult and everyone on the list made needed contributions. If it was JUST Anonymous who resisted the cult with no help from others they would not succeed. And one can say that about all of the other categories, the Ex'es, attorneys, academics, public officials, the journalists, etc., etc.., and all the rest. All of us have a role to play and they're all important. And we'll all continue to be important AFTER the CoS falls as well. Some individuals will (and already are) attempting to spin things in such a way to make all think that the problem is with the CoS or that the problem is with Miscavige. IMO it's important for the true source of the problems to become widely known by all. Otherwise history is just going to repeat itself somewhere down the road. A new "reformed" CoS will reemerge and our children and grandchildren will deal with the monster as well after it runs rampage through another generation.

8. Auditor's Toad

Auditor's Toad Clear as Mud

9. Auditor's Toad

It does need to rest where it belongs....on Hubbards doorstep.

Yeah, Marty was ( and is ) bad, Mike was ( and is ) bad news, little davie boy is the worse of that trio, but, all those mindless idiots followed hubbard and his "dreck" to inflict the damage they have.

I'd stop just short of book burning............maybe......:lol:

10. Type4_PTS

#7 Mark Bunker

#7 Mark Bunker

From Village Voice:

"Mark Bunker is currently working on Knowledge Report, a documentary about Scientology that we've been previewing here at Runnin' Scared for months. You probably also know that Bunker was famously dubbed "Wise Beard Man" by Anonymous when he counseled in January 2008 that the upstart movement adopt a more Gandhi-like approach to its fight against Scientology.
    But do you know how Bunker first fell into his interest in Scientology on his way to becoming the dean of old time critics? No you don't -- and that's because Bunker said he was telling the full story to the Voice for the first time anywhere."

See Full Story:
    http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/09/mark_bunker_top_25_crippling_scientology.php

11. Type4_PTS

#6 Anonymous

#6 Anonymous

As usual, the full story by Tony Ortega is very much worth reading and is posted here:

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/09/anonymous_top_25_crippling_scientology.php

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  12. Type4_PTS

13. Free to shine

#5: Joe Childs and Tom Tobin

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runni...ds_tom_tobin_top_25_crippling_scientology.php

14. Free to shine

Re: #6 Anonymous

Some of the comments on Anonymous:

15. Type4_PTS

From Tony Ortega (Village Voice):

:drama:

16. Type4_PTS

Re: #6 Anonymous

The comments on Anonymous were great. :yes:

And I would strongly agree with those who felt Anonymous belonged higher on the list......MUCH higher! Of those who were intentionally attempting to cripple scientology I would put Anonymous in the #1 slot.

17. Freeminds

Freeminds Bitter defrocked apostate

I'm a few days behind, here. I only just got around to watching the sample Anonymous videos that the VV article included.

The incredible thing that struck me was the creativity and the sense of fun.

The 'bad guys' have virtually limitless resources including something like half a billion stolen, tax-free dollars, Golden Era Productions and an army of near-slaves. They command the loyalty of well-known Hollywood actors... and yet everything they churn out looks dry, creepy, unreal, tasteless and, well, cultish.

The 'good guys' have some truly atrocious dance moves. They have $7 plastic masks, camera-phones, baffling memes and a (probably pirated) copy of iMovie... and yet those movies brought a tear to my eye, made me proud to have stood alongside them. They always inspire me to keep on working against Hubbardism. And if you believe in the good works that the Anons are doing, you send them... nothing at all.

The folks who are still pushing that bogus Scientology 'religion' angle clearly have a LOT to learn about fellowship.

18. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Could it be that Tony Ortega has not yet decided the final order of the last few cripplers? And is polling his audience to see which way the wind is blowing?

Paul

19. SchwimmelPuckel

SchwimmelPuckel Genuine Meatball

Could be.. If so, I'd like to remind him trhat Mr.Rathbun is a Marty come lately who's actually still promoting the Hubbardian cult. He's been rather successful at it too! - Seem to have convinced media that he's a genuine cult reformer and popping up everywhere. Quite a feat really.. Almost smells like an orchestrated OSA campaign..

I don't think Mr.Rathbun is out of Scientology at all! - He's making a believeable revolution in Scientology.. A 'revolution' is the one and only 'handling' that will have any chance of salvaging Scientology's public image and reputation..Which is why they ARE making a 'revolution'..

But it's a fake revolution! - Featuring funny and entertaining Squirrel Busters..

However.. If we are fooled into accepting and believeing this 'revolution'.. Scientology will emerge cleansed of all past sins.. As bad as ever, but all the past sins was done by the evil Scientology before the 'revolution'.

:melodramatic:

20. Auditor's Toad

Yep.

Marty & DM are making old PT Barnum & Hubbard dance with this "caper".