What's new

The True Cost of Scientology

I am interested to know if anyone has done a full costing of what a new person coming into Scientology will typically pay to get up to OT 8? I would be most interested to see what the total costs would be from Basics (groan!) to OT 8. I mean, you would have to do it off a basic Tech Estimate and leave out the X-factors like re-releases etc and IAS extractions. Had I known what the costs would be when I first came in, I would not have been interested. Does anyone have access to current rates so we can do a rough estimate? When I first came on board, I started with the little courses. They seemed pretty cheap for what was being promised. It was only much later and much further up the Bridge that I started to realise how much this had cost me... something I would like to widely publicise for all to know prior to getting involved. Any info you guys have would be very helpful :thumbsup:

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
cost

I don't understand how a person wouldn't know from the start that it would cost easily over $250,000 to"go free". even estimating low you know you would be spending $100,000 +

I knew this early on. The trick is that you get the idea that with your new super powers you would be able to make an extra 1,000,000 so you would be in the black. becasue your "postulates would stick" "It takes money to make money"

Then you are encouraged (against policy) to buy on credit.

And that does happen for some people, not most people. I think I made more money becasue of auditing but I don't knwo if it was more than I spent.

Terril park

Sponsor
Some years ago, on probably ARS an estimate was made of $360,000.

One Freezone auditor reckoned that in the FZ it could be done for
$10,000 or GBP 10,000, forgotton which, providing objectives were co-audited.

Price List

Hey DCAnon, thanks for the link. That is perfect. Gives a great summary and lists all the specifics. I don't think the costs have changed too much over the years - I know the IAS donation levels have been increased twice in my time, And of course, you would now need to add all the Basics stuff to the list :duh:

Happy Aberree

Patron with Honors
Something to remember

There is also another aspect of this to remember (if we are estimating based on org T/Es or averages) that some people take much longer to go through various levels than others... not me of course ...just because I brought this up doesn't mean.. you see I had a friend -aw shit!

ANYWAY,

the point i was making is I have seen (and experienced) huge inconsistencies within T/Es and actual intensives used. And not just double either. One example is
T/E: 2 Intensives
Actual: 9 intensives

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Hey DCAnon, thanks for the link. That is perfect. Gives a great summary and lists all the specifics. I don't think the costs have changed too much over the years - I know the IAS donation levels have been increased twice in my time, And of course, you would now need to add all the Basics stuff to the list :duh:
Another thing you need to consider is the actual cost of auditing on OTV11.
As some here will readily attest, this can end up costing more than the entire rest of the Bridge combined.

Every 6 Month Check/Refresher can and often does include an Intensive or two of FPRD plus Airfares plus Acommodation plus Booksale (latest and greatest offerings) plus Cramming costs plus Constant Badgering for No-Exchange Donations to the Ideal Orgs, IAS, This, That, The Other plus... you get the picture?

If you spend 10 years on Solo NOTs, this is one hell of a "hidden cost" of scientology.

cantsay

Patron Meritorious
But one of the recent completions said she was now "in PT and knew who she was"! Isnt that worth a cool US$mil???

:duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh:

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
I am interested to know if anyone has done a full costing of what a new person coming into Scientology will typically pay to get up to OT 8? I would be most interested to see what the total costs would be from Basics (groan!) to OT 8. I mean, you would have to do it off a basic Tech Estimate and leave out the X-factors like re-releases etc and IAS extractions. Had I known what the costs would be when I first came in, I would not have been interested. Does anyone have access to current rates so we can do a rough estimate? When I first came on board, I started with the little courses. They seemed pretty cheap for what was being promised. It was only much later and much further up the Bridge that I started to realise how much this had cost me... something I would like to widely publicise for all to know prior to getting involved. Any info you guys have would be very helpful :thumbsup:

How about the donations--building fund, IAS etc.? Figure that in also.:omg:

TP

pollywannacracker

Patron Meritorious
I know that some people process more quickly than others. They attributed that (in my case) to being a past-life clear.

But yeah, it is amazing all the "new" things they pull out and then "require" to be done before you can fully achieve the gains at the highlest levels.

I had already read and done courses on the majority of the books, but then the Basics came out, tech was altered (confused as to whether it was before or after) and then I was supposed to purchase the Basics and do courses on them. This was an additional cost....

Someone slap me upside the head for buying into this!!!!!:duh: