What's new

The Truth about Debbie Cook as Captain of Flag

Steve Miller.....He was COMPLETELY in the loop about a public at AOLA that had molested his daughter.....and as far as I am sure, did not report him or the matter to the police.

I do not think I am "being insensitive."

? What ? I did not mention any minors my name.

You must have misconstrued my post.....I don't even know the minors name...nor the father of the minor. I was just told it did happen, by a person that did know all about it.

Ambiguity?

"...Steve Miller.....He was COMPLETELY in the loop about a public at AOLA that had molested his daughter.....and as far as I am sure, did not report him or the matter to the police...."

This could be read as.....Steve Miller.....He was COMPLETELY in the loop about a public at AOLA that had molested his (Steve Miller's) daughter.....and as far as I am sure, did not report him or the matter to the police...."

When I first read it, that's what I thought you meant, but it seems obvious now that the daughter was the daughter of the public person.

Leland

Crusader
Ambiguity?

"...Steve Miller.....He was COMPLETELY in the loop about a public at AOLA that had molested his daughter.....and as far as I am sure, did not report him or the matter to the police...."

This could be read as.....Steve Miller.....He was COMPLETELY in the loop about a public at AOLA that had molested his (Steve Miller's) daughter.....and as far as I am sure, did not report him or the matter to the police...."

When I first read it, that's what I thought you meant, but it seems obvious now that the daughter was the daughter of the public person.

Yea, didn't read quite right. Not Steve Miller's daughter....

It was the daughter of a public, that was on lines at AO.

phenomanon

Canyon
Steve was never the Qual Sec. He was a Cram Off. He wasn't SO so technically he couldn't cram NOTs auditors (don't know whether he did or not; Karen DLC may be able to answer that). But he was a Class VIII so he was able to do most of the cramming in the org.

Steve's wife Astrid was an NSO (non Sea Org) auditor. I think she may have been a Class VIII too; I'm not totally sure. She audited in the Div 4 HGC (the "regular" HGC as opposed to the Solo HGC or the NOTs HGC).

I don't remember Astrid ever not being there when Steve was there but I'm not totally sure. Don't remember them having kids either.

Steve managed to hang in there through all the shit the NSO were put through. He and Susan Soloman were the last two to go, from what I recall. The org was ordered by management to get rid of all of the non-Sea Org staff; I think it was around 1990. That's when he finally left.

He was my Cram Off in early 80s. for Class 8 auditing, for OT3 Review auditing and for OT4. ( I was also a Non-SO auditor) Susan Salomon was my C/S. Steve prolly was Cram Off for the OT Preps, too. He's the only Cram Off I remember from AO.

JustSheila

Crusader
I remember Steve Miller very well. Even his car. And Sue Soloman, too.

Steve was one of the nice Cram Offs. Only Lorita Hill, as Qual Sec, was better. I remember being relieved if I got Steve - he would draw lines through all the make-wrong cramming items from a suggested cram by an Exec and give something easy and realistic instead.

He had a good heart, but beyond that, didn't take risks on others' behalf. He was NSO, that made it harder, but he was pretty robotic overall, though a gentle and soft-spoken man.

Sue took a lot of risks, holy shit. She stood up to execs many times, organized heaps of free D of P interviews, didn't make us write every last intimate detail of sessions down, tried so hard to give public the most bang for their buck. She could have been declared SP 50 times. I adored her for her compassion and courage.

Until Val Lisa came out of USGO and became the tyrant C/O of AOLA, Sandy Wilhere, Lorita Hill and Sue Soloman were senior to AOLA mgmt. as techies. Val destroyed Sue. Those tech women had all stood up to abuse, often crammed execs for being abusive. That all changed after Val, and she put Gary Jacobs, who was also USGO, on as MAA AOLA. Many horrible stories after that.

Sue would have wanted the guy jailed. She was like that, but didn't have the power. Still, I wonder how they lived with themselves knowing all these awful details and not reporting to police? Was it in a counselling session or sec check? We had to treat counselling sessions like a priest and thought of ourselves as ministers.

Gib

Crusader
Sue would have wanted the guy jailed. She was like that, but didn't have the power. Still, I wonder how they lived with themselves knowing all these awful details and not reporting to police? Was it in a counselling session or sec check? We had to treat counselling sessions like a priest and thought of ourselves as ministers.

Like I said in my post http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...aptain-of-Flag&p=945469&viewfull=1#post945469

I'll say it in a different way.

You stated "Sue would have wanted the guy jailed. She was like that, but didn't have the power."

That is just your opinion from what I can tell. No offense to you by me stating that, none intended.

You stated "Still, I wonder how they lived with themselves knowing all these awful details and not reporting to police? Was it in a counselling session or sec check? We had to treat counselling sessions like a priest and thought of ourselves as ministers."

Here's my response and opinion: They lived with themselvse because they thought the technology of scientology would handle all aberrations.

But as we know, scientology does not handle aberrations. But sometimes it does. But all members believe it handles all aberrations, and that is why nobody reports to the police.

Hubbards 3 forms of case gain are: education, processing and change of environment.

Education is only Hubbard

Processing is only auditing

change of environment is just that.

Education and processing are still in the hamster wheel of false technology of the mind, a pretended (persuasive) knowledge of the mind.