ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

The USA and Russia are at war

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Emma, Sep 23, 2019.

View Users: View Users
  1. Emma

Emma Con te partirĂ² Administrator

It's September 2020. Russia and the US are at war because Russia has invaded a neighbouring country, of which the USA is an ally.

These countries have mutually assured destruction. The both have ICMBs with nuclear warheads pointed at each other's major cities. They have navies positioned at strategic points on earth to strike at any time.

You are an intelligence officer. You work for the US government.

As part of your work you uncover that an underground nuclear launch site has been built on the outskirts of New York. This is TOP SECRET. Hardly anyone knows about this, only the very top echelon of the National Security apparatus. People that you don't have access to.

As you dig further and further, you find out that work was stopped on this site because it is too volatile. Something went wrong and it was judged to be too dangerous to National Security. A ticking time bomb. But now, because of the new War, work has been recommenced.

From everything you know, this site has a high probability of exploding and killing every single person in New York and it's surrounds. It's almost guaranteed to fail. You speak privately to experts who have all washed their hands of it because it's a disaster waiting to happen. They wanted the site dismantled and filled in with molten steel. But now the work continues.

So you go to your boss. He tells you to stay at your pay grade. Tells you that you are insane.

So you go to his boss. He threatens to fire you for insubordination.

So you go to his boss. You are fired.

So now you have to make a choice.

1. Go to the media with the story and tell it all, so that the people of New York know what's going on. So they can be warned that the greatest danger they face is actually coming from their own country & not Russia. 10 million lives are at risk because this nuclear site is right underneath them. They have more to fear from this bomb than anything the Russians could launch, because the Russian bombs can be exploded in space over the Atlantic. However, doing this will give the Russians a head's up and make New York even more of a target. You would be doubling their risk. You would make NY even more of a target and not just from the air. But if you don't tell them, there is a very high chance they will all die anyway and the whole of New York will be a nuclear wasteland with all the repercussions of that.

2. Shut up and hope.

(Forgive the errors in my John Grisham type story. I don't know anything about war, I'm just trying to paint a picture).

What would you do?

Tell the truth and live with the repercussions?

Shut up and bear the guilt of 10 million dead Americans, knowing you could have prevented it?

Is there another way?

2. He-man

He-man Hero extraordinary

Can you not extort the US government though and get away with it? Go to LA, live on the west coast. You never really liked the people of New York anyways?

Sorry, I kid the Emma.

Entirely depends on what the information is I suppose, some things are best left not know(such as private information that has nothing to do with Scientology-ism).

If it pertains to things people need to take a stand on, like moving the fuck out of New York, yeah I'd say the morally right thing to do is to go to the media.

The other way is to influence in the background I suppose, another way is to leak the information to China.

3. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

I say burn it down.

Reveal the truth so every Ex-Scientologist can have the information they need to make informed decisions.

4. The_Fixer

The_Fixer Class Clown

Oh what have you done?

You're outta here in 5 days. I'd say let er rip....

5. He-man

What he said.

Plus peeps are so fucking confused as to what's going on behind the silk curtain that I think that it's better to have all the cards on the table than none.

:floor:

Just my opinion.

:vacuum:

6. Glenda

Glenda Crusader

Hi Emma,
    Say you were holding a whistle and you wanted to blow it...just say you were...make damn sure you are as protected as possible. Blow the damn whistle as loud as you can from that position but be aware that whistle blowers never have an easy time. Assess the potential fall-out for those you love. Be very real about that. Loved one's are everything in life. Try to keep them safe. Exposing the truth can come with a high price. You have already learned much about this so would not be wading into totally foreign territory.

I want to know. To help protect those behind me. But it isn't my decision and I don't envy you having to make this decision. Go well Emma. xx

7. Dotey OT

Dotey OT Cyclops Duck of the North - BEWARE

Yeah, but the really important thing here is Mike Rinder. How come he hasn't admitted to any crimes? Well?

8. The_Fixer

The_Fixer Class Clown

I think Glenda raises some important points.

You need to ask yourself who is or is likely to be hurt by the fallout and decide if the price tag is worth it.

Everybody's story fades in time, only the most (in)famous ones persist. Even ESMB and it's stories will fade into the background and over time as other things come to the fore.

What we're saying, I guess, is see what a risk analysis will tell you first. Depending upon the importance of what you have to say.

9. Glenda

Glenda Crusader

This isn't about stories. I suspect this is about unfathomable dirty shit that is never easy for people to process particularly when a narrative has been woven over and over and which is so easy to become part of. It isn't about people getting hurt so much as it is about breaking through the perceptions which have been painted. But I of course could be very very wrong. I''ll take being wrong because if I am even close to being right this fucker is going to be rough.

10. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

Well, is Trump still in office? If so, post it on Breitbart and he will tell the people it is not fake news - his Bedminster Golf Course is in serious danger - then he will tear down the Mexican border wall, take it to the east coast, rebuild the wall around NYC Ala the classic film "Escape from New York", as life imitates art.

Mimsey

11. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

If you were one of those 10 million people, wouldn't you want to know? How do you condemn 10 million people over yourself? You would likely have to answer this question for yourself no matter what you decide.

triumph likes this.
  12. UTR

UTR Patron

I don't think I could live with the consequences of remaining silent, knowing that I could have prevented tragedy.

If I were a citizen of New York, I would want to be told. But I'd also be aware of how much danger such a whistleblower could be in after a big reveal.

At minimum, public shaming and attacks online. Possibly much worse. I would know ahead of time that I needed to do whatever I could to protect myself and my family, and distance myself in the aftermath of such a reveal.

But ultimately, I think it would be worth knowing that I helped those New Yorkers, and gave them a chance to make their own choices based on truthful information. Whether they decided to evacuate or shut down the nuclear site or defect to the enemy, at least I'd know they didn't die by my hand, through my inaction.

I think in the end, I would not be loved for bringing such dark information forward. But I would be respected by friend and foe alike, and the people whose lives I saved would be forever grateful.

<3

13. Emma

Maybe getting off the internet and moving to New Zealand is the answer then.
    If you're lucky.

14. Helena Handbasket

Helena Handbasket Gold Meritorious Patron

The New Yorkers are toast either way, right?

So just do whatever and don't feel guilty about it.

Helena

Lurker5 likes this.
  15. lotus

lotus stubborn rebel sheep!

Was this the release the e-mail regarding Alanzo or something else is to come????

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  16. He-man

I hope there is more!

bring-me-another-smurf-13892075.png

tesseract likes this.
  17. lotus

lotus stubborn rebel sheep!

Exactly.

I bought a big load of pop corn and anti-anxiety
    pills
    :oops:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    tesseract likes this.
  18. Lurker5

Lurker5 Gold Meritorious Patron

I think I bit my tongue (off?).

19. tesseract

tesseract Patron with Horrors

20. Emma

Even if you told New Yorkers about it they wouldn't believe you. And then when the bomb went off, anyone still alive would believe the government that earnestly told them it was an earthquake. Naah I'll shut up and hope New York is ok.