ESMB is now closed to new registrations. Please go to www.exscn2.net and register there.

This Life Time Case

Discussion in 'Scientology Technology' started by Mimsey Borogrove, May 11, 2015.

View Users: View Users
  1. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

Does a person have a this lifetime case?
    I was posting today about outer org trainees - and my going to Cali for advanced training - when it struck me how little my outlook on life has changed since I was getting trained back in the 70's - and then I thought of my life as a whole - and how these deep seated viewpoints on life have been with me always and are still extant. Could that be your "this lifetime case" you want me to dump?
    Mimsey

2. MrNobody

MrNobody Who needs merits?

Oh, I have plenty of this-lifetime cases. 2 flight-cases for my basses, [STRIKE]2[/STRIKE] 3 travel-cases for my guitars, 2 cases for effects devices, 2 cases for cables and equipment, 3 cases for my different amps, 2 cases for my favorite most favorite speaker cabinets, 2 suitcases for my clothes for when I'm traveling, and then of course quite a few gig-bags, backpacks etc.

Do I want to get rid of some of those? Well, now that I'm retired and not that much "on the road" anymore, I probably could. Why? What sort of case do you need and how much are you willing to pay for it?

EDIT:
    Aw shucks, I forgot my keyboard cases. I have some for regular 88-key keyboards and some for 66-key-keyboards. Are you interested? they are all damn sturdy real-life cases - although some of 'em might look a little worn-out already. But that should be OK, they're real-life-cases, after all. Right?

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  3. Sindy

Sindy Crusader

Hey! Stop talking about your case(s)!!!

4. Sindy

Sindy Crusader

How about they're deep-seated viewpoints on life?

5. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Mimsey, personally, I can take or leave the past lives idea. It all resolves itself eventually for everyone anyway, regardless of the beliefs.

According to Erik Erikson, though, we have specific times in our lives when we do change, when we have conflicts to address and how we address them and what we do about it directs our lives thereafter. Between those conflicts, apparently there's not a heck of a lot of change going on with us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erikson's_stages_of_psychosocial_development

1.1 Hopes: trust vs. mistrust (oral-sensory, birth – 2 years)
    1.2 Will: autonomy vs. shame and doubt (muscular-anal, 2–4 years)
    1.3 Purpose: initiative vs. guilt (locomotor-genital, preschool, 4–5 years)
    1.4 Competence: industry vs. inferiority (latency, 5–12 years)
    1.5 Fidelity: identity vs. role confusion (adolescence, 13–19 years)
    1.6 Love: intimacy vs. isolation (young adulthood, 20–24, or 20–39 years)
    1.7 Care: generativity vs. stagnation (middle adulthood, 25–64, or 40–64 years)
    1.8 Wisdom: ego integrity vs. despair (late adulthood, 65 – death)

6. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

I wasn't really talking about past lives as much as do people have a case in this life that skews their viewpoint? I was surprised how little my outlook hasn't changed. BTW:
    She used to stay at my grandmothers hotel, and I would wait on her ( summer job waiting on table) Mimsey

7. MrNobody

MrNobody Who needs merits?

Well, as I've said, I have quite a few cases and frankly: They DO kinda interfere with my viewpoint, somehow . So, do you wanna buy some of em?

8. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

Does a person have a this lifetime language? (that is not
    scientologese)?

Does a person have a lifetime language that is not scientologese?

Does a person have a language that is not scientologese?

Can a person think without using scientology cult concepts?

9. SPsince83

SPsince83 Gold Meritorious Patron

I used to like 5 ply baltic birch for my hard cases. I now like these new-fangled foam things that protect just as well but weigh nothing. Much better case at this stage in my life. My neck hurts. Must be space cooties.

10. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Cool about Anna! She was an excellent psychiatrist in her own right and contributed a lot to the field.

Mimsey, "having a case in this life that skewers their viewpoint" is exactly what Erik Erikson is describing (less the "in this life" or "in this sector" or "in this galaxy" part, as to the best of my knowledge, he did not get into religious beliefs or sci-fi.)

What he describes are goals that are built into living, and the conflicts we experience in trying to obtain these goals cause us to experience such things as loneliness, hopelessness, despair, fear, insecurity, etc. If a person resolves the conflict well, he/she will overcome and resolve the upset ("charge") from these conflicts. The upsets ("charge") only increase until the conflict is resolved. Once it is resolved, the conflict disappears (as-ises, charge blown, F/N VGIs, etc.)

In Hubbard-speak, these are "GPMs" that come up as roadblocks at certain ages and times in our lives, however, there are ways to resolve these "GPMs" on our own and most people naturally do so. Many do not. Our personalities change for better or worse each time we address these conflicts. (overcome false identities and personas, aka, "valences" to be our "true theta beings")

Wikipedia is only a summary and not the best source for Erikson. This is a better link: http://www.simplypsychology.org/Erik-Erikson.html

Erikson was a good man and a very famous psychologist.

(Now please don't make me write, speak or translate anything else into Hubbardspeak or Scientologese anymore, okay? :begging:)

(My sincerest apologies to Erik Erikson, his family, and all psychologists and psychology students anywhere for this blasphemous, bastard of a summary and translation to Hubbard-speak :hide:)

11. George Layton

George Layton Silver Meritorious Patron

Might be what you learned at a very young age, maybe something you emulate from being with your parents, could be some fantastic experience you have had, but in any case this is the lifetime your stuck with this time around.