What's new

To Anonymous: DOUBT is the key

To Anonymous and ex-Scn friends,

doubt: n. 2. uncertain state of things, lack of full proof. (Concise Oxford Dictionary).

Pope John-Paul II and Mother Teresa both confessed doubt in their faith at the end of their lives: that's what made them so compelling and effective.

Doubt is the wellspring of exploration, knowledge and creativity.

In Scn, however, doubt is a "lower condition" with drastic penalties (as in other cults, I'm sure). Any wavering or disagreement or just plain doubt about LRH, the "church", its activities, or its current dictator (Miscavige) is considered a crime. viz Orwell's "1984" and "thought crime".

LRH himself provided a formula for resolving the "doubt condition" which every active Scn. knows. The "Doubt Formula" might prove to be a highly effective tool to reach active Scn's.

DOUBT is where you can effectively REACH current members. Anonymous, listen to this—this is an effective contact point for current Scn. members, even Sea Org, even those incarcerated at Int. Base (if they could only communicate with the real world).

DOUBT IS NOT A CRIME! (There's a placard for your demos-just as simple as that-you might add a web link). This is a subconscious message that will hit home hard, even to calcified SO.

Here is LRH's Doubt Formula in full:

"The Condition of Doubt:

When one cannot make up one's mind as to an individual, a group, organization or project, a Condition of Doubt exists.

The formula is:

1. Inform oneself honestly of the actual intentions and activities of that group, project or organization, brushing aside all bias and rumor.
2. Examine the statistics of the individual, group, project or organization.
3. Decide on the basis of "the greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics" whether or not it should be attacked, harmed or suppressed or helped.
4. Evaluate oneself or one's own group, project or organization as to intentions and objectives.
5. Evaluate one's own or one's group, project or organization's statistics.
6. Join or remain in or befriend the one which progresses toward the greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics and announce the fact publicly to both sides.
7. Do everything possible to improve the actions and statistics of the person, group, project or organization one has remained in or joined.
8. Suffer on up through the conditions in the new group if one has changed sides, or the conditions of the group one has remained in, if wavering from it has lowered one's status.
"

If applied honestly, and with adequate research, application of this formula would cause a majority of active Scn's to walk out and slam the door!

DOUBT is the button to use. It's non-confrontational and non-evaluative. And most members have it, however deeply buried. They are not blind, just conditioned.

DOUBT IS NOT A CRIME!

DOUBT IS NOT A LOWER CONDITION. IT'S ACTIVE INTELLIGENCE.

GOT DOUBTS? GO HERE...

etc...

namaste

Silver Meritorious Patron
I once went from my class IV org to PAC for OEC training and after I had finished Vol. 1, I was put on HAS post at the school part-time.
A SO member came in to the office one day for a handling and I was told to handle it since I happened to be on the post at the time.

Seems he was in doubt about being in the SO and wanted to leave.

So I got out the doubt formula and had him go through the steps for himself exactly as they were written.
He decided he didn't want to be in the Sea Org after all.
That was fine with me. I was satisfied that the steps were followed to the letter. What was I supposed to do, create my own version of LRH's doubt formula at that point?

Well, that's exactly what another SO member did after I was finished -- went through the doubt formula with the guy again and steered him into deciding that he wanted to stay with the SO group.

Somehow I wasn't surprised to see that happen.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
To Anonymous and ex-Scn friends,

doubt: n. 2. uncertain state of things, lack of full proof. (Concise Oxford Dictionary).

Pope John-Paul II and Mother Teresa both confessed doubt in their faith at the end of their lives: that's what made them so compelling and effective.

In Scn, however, doubt is a "lower condition" with drastic penalties (as in other cults, I'm sure). Any wavering or disagreement or just plain doubt about LRH, the "church", its activities, or its current dictator (Miscavige) is considered a crime. viz Orwell's "1984" and "thought crime".

LRH himself provided a formula for resolving the "doubt condition" which every active Scn. knows. The "Doubt Formula" might prove to be a highly effective tool to reach active Scn's.

DOUBT is where you can effectively REACH current members. Anonymous, listen to this—this is an effective contact point for current Scn. members, even Sea Org, even those incarcerated at Int. Base (if they could only communicate with the real world).

DOUBT IS NOT A CRIME! (There's a placard for your demos-just as simple as that-you might add a web link). This is a subconscious message that will hit home hard, even to calcified SO.

"The Condition of Doubt:

When one cannot make up one's mind as to an individual, a group, organization or project, a Condition of Doubt exists.

The formula is:

1. Inform oneself honestly of the actual intentions and activities of that group, project or organization, brushing aside all bias and rumor.
2. Examine the statistics of the individual, group, project or organization.
3. Decide on the basis of "the greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics" whether or not it should be attacked, harmed or suppressed or helped.
4. Evaluate oneself or one's own group, project or organization as to intentions and objectives.
5. Evaluate one's own or one's group, project or organization's statistics.
6. Join or remain in or befriend the one which progresses toward the greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics and announce the fact publicly to both sides.
7. Do everything possible to improve the actions and statistics of the person, group, project or organization one has remained in or joined.
8. Suffer on up through the conditions in the new group if one has changed sides, or the conditions of the group one has remained in, if wavering from it has lowered one's status.
"

If applied honestly, and with adequate research, application of this formula would cause a majority of active Scn's to walk out and slam the door!

DOUBT is the button to use. It's non-confrontational and non-evaluative. And most members have it, however deeply buried. They are not blind, just conditioned.

DOUBT IS NOT A CRIME!

DOUBT IS NOT A LOWER CONDITION. IT'S ACTIVE INTELLIGENCE.

GOT DOUBTS? GO HERE...

etc...

I couldn't agree more. The salvaging of staff and Sea Org members should be a major target of the whole operation. Feel free to put the link to my website on your signs. It's there to cater to those niggling doubts.

Regards,

Kookaburra

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
As a former Staff C/S, I can tell you for sure that quite a number of staff have little doubts popping up here and there. Many of them do. They just need a little encouragement. Keep up the work... It will come to fruition.

More Doubt

VWD on exseaorg.com/

And yes, of course Doubt Formulas are subject to coersive revision under "ethics pressure". Been there, done that.

The real problem though is that the formula simply cannot be applied by active staff/SO because, unless they are very determined and inquisitive, they cannot access the real data to honestly do the first two steps:

"1. Inform oneself honestly of the actual intentions and activities of that group, project or organization, brushing aside all bias and rumor.
2. Examine the statistics of the individual, group, project or organization."

The factual data required to honestly perform these steps is vigorously denied to them on pain of dire penalties. Should they actually discover them their condition falls to Treason, de facto.

Catch 22, anyone?

Having said this, however, I still believe DOUBT is a hot button to use when interfacing with current members. It doesn't invalidate or evaluate. We just want to make honest DOUBT okay and fertilize a seed.

JHW

"Where's my goldenrod, you cheap bastards?"

Good twin

Floater
Brushing aside all bias and rumor really isn't that hard.
I sat at a couple of events. Watched the videos that I knew from my own experience were doctored up to make it look like Scn was everywhere running everything and accomplishing HUGE wins all over the place. I Listened to the falsified stats about expansion and noted how few public attended the event. Also noted it was the same few die hards attending (including myself). Did a quick count of all of the staff that were there because of "mandatory attendance" policy. Observed that nearly everyone there was as uncomfortable as I was. Noted that this event had been promoted just as the last god knows how many as the biggest most earth shattering presentation that you most definitely don't want to miss, and couldn't for the life of me remember the last time I was glad that I hadn't missed and event. Trying not to natter on the way home and handling the natter of others halfheartedly.
Being on this board has helped me realize we all pretty much had the doubt condition done for us by presenting the obvious lies and bullshit over and over until we couldn't help but see it. I'm confident that others do too. I can just about hear some of the people who are in and worried about me saying in some future "I knew all along it was fucked up, you are so lucky you got out when you did".
Good Twin

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Silver Meritorious Patron
Brushing aside all bias and rumor really isn't that hard.
I sat at a couple of events. Watched the videos that I knew from my own experience were doctored up to make it look like Scn was everywhere running everything and accomplishing HUGE wins all over the place. I Listened to the falsified stats about expansion and noted how few public attended the event. Also noted it was the same few die hards attending (including myself). Did a quick count of all of the staff that were there because of "mandatory attendance" policy. Observed that nearly everyone there was as uncomfortable as I was. Noted that this event had been promoted just as the last god knows how many as the biggest most earth shattering presentation that you most definitely don't want to miss, and couldn't for the life of me remember the last time I was glad that I hadn't missed and event. Trying not to natter on the way home and handling the natter of others halfheartedly.
Being on this board has helped me realize we all pretty much had the doubt condition done for us by presenting the obvious lies and bullshit over and over until we couldn't help but see it. I'm confident that others do too. I can just about hear some of the people who are in and worried about me saying in some future "I knew all along it was fucked up, you are so lucky you got out when you did".
Good Twin

More like eardrum shattering. Apparently they think the louder Jeff Pomeranz yells "Sciiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeennnnnnnntologeeeeeeeee," the less people will notice how empty the place is.

Lynn

Pushing Doubt

Here are some famous quotes which might make effective demo placards for upcoming demos:

"Doubt is uncomfortable, certainty is ridiculous." Voltaire

"Doubt is the beginning not the end of wisdom." Proverbs, Old Testament. (The Roman Church tried to expunge this one.)

“Modest doubt is called the beacon of the wise.” Shakespeare

“When in doubt, tell the truth.” Mark Twain

Dubito ergo cogito; cogito ergo sum.
(I doubt, therefore I think; I think therefore I am)” René Déscartes.

This last may the most compelling, or possibly way over their heads.

Fuel to the fire, non-confrontational, but planting seeds.

JHW

And I still haven't received my goldenrod, goddammit!

Back to the beginning with DOUBT

For the majority of active Scn's under the current DM régime there is an element of doubt, however small and quavering.

To Anonymous especially, who are just getting their heads around this whole thing, and to ex's who want to liberate the brainwashed, I urge you to exploit the "doubt" button. Do it gently or aggressively depending on target and circumstances.

Overt confrontation, Xenu stuff, etc. is not effective and often counter-productive.

Doubt will sow the seeds,

Bye for now,

JHW

Anonymouse_0050

I'm trying to come up with more slogans.

Is "Why is Management ARCXing the 4th Dynamic?" gonna get people questioning, or would it just be rejected out of hand?

(heh, or did I just get the terminology entirely wrong?)

Poofy

Patron with Honors
I liked the Sci presentations. They are /really/ slick. I found myself almost cheering during the Tom Cruise one.

Good thinking

That's a very good slogan/question. Why indeed?

And yes, Scn. policy "Keeping Scientology Working" does indeed target the 4th dynamic (the entire human race) for domination by the cult.

Yes, that could be a think maker.

But they are not allowed to think!

Though, from personal experience, we eventually do.

You go,

JH

crm1978

Patron with Honors
Just ask where is the expansion of Scn ? the truth is there is'nt any in fact it is the other way membership is shrinking just look at your own org how many new faces do you see ?How many of those new people stay and move up the bridge ?Honest answers to those questions would allow people to see the "expansion" for what it is wishfull thinking ! would the last one left please turn out the lights:lol:

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Lol! Yo! Start a new thread maybe? This ones almost 5 years olde matey :)
It is pointed out pretty regularly, this sad, sad dying creature of Hubbard's. Death of a thousand cuts?, it be happening.:happydance::happydance:

(Just sayin', no disrespect meant :) )

:cheers:

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron

"The Condition of Doubt:

The formula is:

1. Inform oneself honestly of the actual intentions and activities of that group, project or organization, brushing aside all bias and rumor.Co$ does not do anything - the public do - they donate their time and money, they wear T-shirts that they pay for with the Co$ logo on it - Gold takes pictures and puts the photos in their glossy propaganda taking credit. They crush reg the public for money that they sit on - and don't spend on any 4th dynamic activities. It is a total scam. #1 has been answered. I have no doubt!

The Co$ is a scam! Intentions are to get people's money and have them work for free in the name of "spiritual freedom and help"!

2. Examine the statistics of the individual, group, project or organization. The stats are broke parishoner's, abused staff members, vacant buildings, bankruptcy, suicide, early death - cancer, psychosis. Yuck! The stats say it all. #2. No doubt - the Cult is dangerous and the stats speak volumes regarding the help Co$ provides to anyone - NONE!
3. Decide on the basis of "the greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics" whether or not it should be attacked, harmed or suppressed or helped. Based on #1, #2 - and add that they are a criminal organization that hides it's crimes under "religion" - it should be attacked and destroyed, suppressed and harmed. No violence - just get people out, protest, expose the truth! The internet is our tool! Hip Hip Hooray!
4. Evaluate oneself or one's own group, project or organization as to intentions and objectives. See #1-3 - DONE! The intentions and objectives are to destroy people in the name of help. The Co$ is a cult!
5. Evaluate one's own or one's group, project or organization's statistics. My stats are stellar - especially now that I am out of that evil organization!
6. Join or remain in or befriend the one which progresses toward the greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics and announce the fact publicly to both sides. I am not announcing anything to the Co$.:coolwink: I can do more damage "in" than "out"! :yes: Fuck the Co$. They do not deserve to know who their enemies are because they don't tell us that they are our enemies. So no agreement with this step....let them be more paranoid on who is in and doing damage!
7. Do everything possible to improve the actions and statistics of the person, group, project or organization one has remained in or joined.Okay - I will help my other groups and they have a very valuable asset - I get things done! I am and always have been very up stat!! Long before the Cult came into my life.
"
No suffering necessary in the 3rd and 4th dynamic groups I belong to and help. They are not about anyone suffering!! The Co$ makes people suffer whether they are IN or OUT. :omg:
If applied honestly, and with adequate research, application of this formula would cause a majority of active Scn's to walk out and slam the door! YEP! That is what is happening! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

DOUBT IS NOT A CRIME!:yes:

DOUBT IS NOT A LOWER CONDITION. IT'S ACTIVE INTELLIGENCE.:yes:

GOT DOUBTS? GO HERE...

etc...[/QUOTE]