ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

To FZ'ers/Indies/ProScientologists

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Sindy, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Veda

Veda Sponsor

As far as I know, there's only one Atalantan.

2. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

Ok. Contradiction does strange things to the mind.

3. Veda

Veda Sponsor

You have a wealth of information available to you at the touch of a finger. Try learning from it instead of whining.

This is one of the most viewed items of ESMB. Have you read it?

[Note: Bolding has been added.]

4. Cat's Squirrel

Cat's Squirrel Gold Meritorious Patron

duplicate post

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  5. Cat's Squirrel

Cat's Squirrel Gold Meritorious Patron

Good questions Synthia. My answers are in bold.

Agreed.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  6. Pooks

Pooks MERCHANT OF CHAOS

I think this is a valid criticism. I'm one of the more strident ex's and I'm guilty of poking fun or dismissing some positive [cough] aspects of the tech.

But it really comes down to is, do I really want to pick through that humongous puke spewed pile of shit to find a few raisins or not.

Now if you want to do that, fine, that's cool with me. But just know that there are ex's here who are not interested in the discussion of minutia of the tech and are apt to say something insulting to those that do.

You may find a few people that will discuss the matter, but that kind of discussion should be a new thread in the Freezone section of this board so
    as to not go off topic on the existing thread.

I pretty much stay out of the FZ area because discussion of the tech makes my eyes bleed.

7. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

I once unknowingly ventured into the FZ area and felt reactive spasms of J&D erupting within my case. I immediately applied Ron's policy on "Greatness"--for a couple moments before posting something wicked and blowing.

It was like having my car break down in the ghetto and quickly spray painting some gangsta graffiti on a local business before the tow truck safely whisked me away.

8. Pooks

Pooks MERCHANT OF CHAOS

:roflmao: You're so fresh.

9. Atalantan

Atalantan Patron with Honors

I know, I've been reading here for about a year and a half.

The only thing I would like to point out is Synthia's OP for this thread was to invite people who had something positive to say about some aspect of scientology and were not totally against all of it. She posted a short questionnaire about it.

It went down hill from there in the sense that 3 of the first 4 pages were taken up with the usual knee-jerk responses critical of "scientologists" in some way.

That's not to say it's a bad thread - there have been a lot of interesting if off-topic posts.

And I do understand where even the most bitter of exes are coming from. I feel fortunate that I was never very involved and did not go through and endure what they did. In my mind, it is very much like the initial promise of a marriage turning into the realization that one is trapped in an abusive relationship and one's life is actually being stolen and may be in danger.

Or a young child's experience of being beaten or sexually abused by parent s/he was born loving.

So most of the time I let Veda and degraded being have their little jokes, and try to remember that abused children often become abusers themselves..... who am I to gainsay their bitterness? They have probably earned the right to it.

In the case of this thread, I did get involved in commenting and actually have been a participant in derailing the thread. If my POV is too offensive, I am more than happy to stop opinionating here. It takes a lot of time I could be using otherwise.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  10. Atalantan

Yes, I have read it. There is a lot of truth to it, although I don't entirely agree with all of that construct.

The onion construct could just as well be used to describe the United States of America and other countries which present themselves as champions of freedom, liberty and democracy, and having a "government for the people of the people and by the people."

As you work your way through the layers of the military/industrial/pharmaceutical/medical/educational/prison system complex, a different picture starts to emerge, in which the US has actually started and fought more wars than any other country, has more people jailed than almost any other country, and basically money talks when it's election time. Think "renditions", fuel-air bombs over Baghdad, drone aircraft killing villagers in Pakistan, Abu Ghraib, Guantanamo, etc. And those prisoners may be faring better than the thousands of common felons in ordinary US prisons.

And yet in many ways the USA is still one of the best countries to live in, as long as you don't fall afoul of the law, Homeland Security, or a myriad other agencies.

And I'm not whining. I would have dropped the subject long since, but you just haven't been able to let my comments go. I have seen you say that "whining" bit before about someone else's post, and I think a little projection may be involved....

(That's my parting shot. Bye now. :) )

11. Atalantan

Actually I am legion...... :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

12. Sindy

Sindy Crusader

:goodposting:

Thank you. These are great answers. Prior to you posting the thread you had contributed, I had already read it when I first came on the board. Good thread, for sure.

I am running for the day but I would like to take more time to comment. I think I will look more at Nisargadatta Maharaj and really understand what you are saying first.

Thanks, again, for taking the time to make a very thoughtful post. :)

L, Sindy

13. Pooks

Pooks MERCHANT OF CHAOS

Fair enough.

I was with ya, but those last two lines were icky.

14. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

So why do you bother ATALANTAN?
    You could ignore the little annoyances instead of becoming part of them and inciting them.
    Are you here to troll?

15. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

:lol: What are *your* crimes? :lol:

16. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

---snipped---

A side by side comparison: The delightful delusions of a Scientologist viewing two identical situations and somehow coming up with two dichotomously opposite evaluations.

WHO: Scientologist
    WHAT: Gets ripped off in a multi-million dollar con game (e.g. Reid Slatkin)
    REACTION: Rebounds from losing a fortune, soars back uptone and creates a new fortune. Now looks back with laughter and makes fun of having been so untrained on LRH tech to be booby-trapped by a con game.
    CASE CONDITION: High-toned, insouciant, theta, cause, joyful.

WHO: Ex-Scientologist
    WHAT: Gets ripped off in a multi-million dollar con game (e.g. Ron Hubbard or David Miscavich)
    REACTION: Dramatizes loss of fortune by going PTS and compulsively playing false MEST games to acquire wealth instead of their immortality. Now looks back with false 4.0, glee of insanity, joking & degrading, little jokes and bitterness at having been so out ethics to pull in a motivator.
    CASE CONDITION: Low-toned, serious, en-theta, effect, bitter.

Ya see? If I had been a Scientologist making jokes, it would be a WIN that I laugh about the con game that hoaxed me so damn good.

But alas, I have now been given the r-factor that I am apparently not laughing. And further advised that others are not laughing at my "little jokes" because I am bitter.

Yeah, okay, we believe you, sure. (quietly grabbing keys and slowly backing out towards the door)

17. bts2free

bts2free Patron with Honors

Dude, off so soon? I thought you knew Kung Fu?

18. Jquepublic

Jquepublic Silver Meritorious Patron

Oops, that was me. :)

19. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

Just sayin'.

Y'all already know I'm goofy, gooey and gushy...but sometimes I can't help myself.

I just think everyone here is so very very cool. You're ALL decent people who hate the cult's abuses. There are so very many wonderful people here, some of whom are "religious crusaders", some of whom are other things. (Some of us are many things at once!)

Just want to send a hug to everyone this morning.

20. me myself & i

me myself & i Patron Meritorious

Very nice VC. Right back at ya.

Now if we can get your hot-pic 'uncensored', all will be well again.

Lol.

Lar